1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Yahoo] Rockets guard Spanoulis could be headed back to Greece

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rikesh316, May 25, 2007.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Cope - able !

:)

ROFLMAO !!!

nice one.

DD

2. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

LOL, I shouldn't laugh because I can be cut w/o any compensation but that's funny

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Agree with you and DD. He's not going anywhere, in my opinion, unless the Rockets want him to.

4. metal

metal Member

i dont like this guy's attitude..he thought he's a superstar..maybe he will become one, but not now..
    i remember that in the beginning of last season he got some PT, but he showed us that he's not ready yet.
    who cares he's TMac back in Greece..it doesnt mean sh*t in NBA..

i dont understand why a lot of ppl think this guy is the only hope for the team..without him we arent going anywhere..
    just so weird to me..if he wants to go back, just let him go, we can get somebody whos willing to work hard and earn PT.

5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

6. BEXCELANT

BEXCELANT Member

If I were V-Span and we resigned Stevie Francis, I'd go back to Greece.

7. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

ROFL :D

8. Madman George

Madman George Member

People please take everything in the Greek Press "with a grain of salt" I believe is the expression? Well maybe a truck load. Unless it come directly from Billy's mouth I'm not gonna take it seriously. Right now I believe the guys is 50-50 on staying in the NBA/going back to Greece. I just hope that his stays in the NBA so I can keep barracking for him. If he goes back to PAO, he'll find me at SEF with some coins for his head. ( :D just kidding i'd actually aim for Alvertis :mad: )

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Damn! This is what I get for not reading the rest of the thread. I missed all the fun!

10. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Actually I think he has to because of FIBA. It's the same as European players unable to come to the U.S. if they're under contract in Europe, and some how come to an agreement to get out of it.

11. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

While I have to say him whining a bit is somewhat annoying and all.

I have to say thank god someone on our team has the self-confidence and desire and belief in himself to not care what the press thinks. He has fire and emotion to say he feels he should get more time.

I know just that emotion is not enough, you have to have a game and will to work improve your game and get better. But that someone on the Rockets is willing to show this not only on the court is refreshing. Sometimes it seems like our team is too soft.

12. CBrownFanClub

CBrownFanClub Contributing Member

Who will the ballboys hang out with after practice if he leaves?

13. alex_jr

alex_jr Member

Regardless of whether he is important to the Rockets or not,
    I STILL fail to understand how someone has a bad attitude and is arrogant simply because they really wanna play basketball.

14. Rocket G

Rocket G Contributing Member

Can we deport Amel if Vspan pusses out?

Seriously.

If Vspan elects to puss his way back to Greece, the VOF's should be banished from this site.

15. FJY

FJY Member

Who care about this guy...sick and tired of seeing news about someone that's good at wnba balls, and sucks at real ball.

16. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

hey

there are some great threads about JVG whining about his job, they all there are waiting for your reply, give them some comfort..

17. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Never have I seen a player do so little and be loved or hated so much. This time he hasn't even said anything, someone is just speculating on old info and the mob is ready to hang him.

I like the kid because I see something in his style of play that I believe the Rockets could use and I would love to see if I am right and the Rockets or better for it. But if we sign Stevie or someone who can better help the team than goodbye and good luck Vspan.

So why should I be so hard on a kid who doesn't want to waste his or the Rockets time if he doesn't have a place here. In the end if he doesn't have the right stuff and he is bench fodder than leaving would be doing us a favor so goodbye and good luck. But what if he does have the right stuff and Adelman knows how to get the most out of it. Isn't that something to look forward to this long off season?

As of right now Vspan is still a Rocket and I for one think he can help us. But before I can truly make that judgement I would at least like to see what he does in the summer league. If he doesn't show up there then I think he is making a pretty strong statement he doesn't want to be here so goodbye and good luck. The Rockets or bigger than any one player and don't need him to be successful. But don't crucify him for being alive especially when he hasn't even said anything this time and it's just the media and this board that is speculating.

18. TECH

TECH Contributing Member

He's just doing what he can to get attention, and playing time next season, although there are more admirable ways of doing so.

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Well spoken sir.........my sentiments exactly.

DD

20. shwinn23

shwinn23 Contributing Member

good riddance.

vspan may be a great guy, but has shown nothing on the court. He couldnt crack a lineup that gave JLIII significant playing time.

somehow rockets fans have been deluded into thinking he is a superstar in the making.

i dont get it.