1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Yahoo] Rockets are after Dwane Casey

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jaychi, Apr 25, 2011.

1. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

yahoo title is misleading...they're just giving him an interview, if that's being after someone, then they are after Mario Elie as well.

2. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Concur. They're after him... for an interview. And, like 50 other guys. Nothing to see here.

3. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Those are two different situations - JVG had several players who were good defenders other than Yao or Motombo , McGrady was a pretty good defender when he wanted to be .... Remember him checking Dirk in the playoffs ?

SVG has the two time defensive player of the year. Other than him , I wouldnt consider anyone else on that roster a premium defender and he hasnt gotten much out of them.

Besides that , Look at how Atlanta has exposed that team on both ends of the floor. SVG has yet to make the neccesary adjustments and they are in a 1-3 hole.

They (The Magic) , nor SVG has shown me any reason why I would want him as the Rockets next coach.

4. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

I dont think we are depending on what happens with a few offseason moves. In fact I dont think its likely we drastically fall off unless Morey goes into full rebuild mode and dumps alot of veterans.

5. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

6. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Absolutely.

7. blackistan

blackistan Member

Just bc you've never heard of him doesn't mean he's a bad coach smh

8. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Maybe Cuban will fire Rick Carlisle if the Mavs fall to Portland.

I have always thought Carlisle was a good coach.

9. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

Funny, I've actually been researching the guy and watching interviews of him and such to get a feel of what kind of guy he is, and have liked what I've seen.
    It definitely sound like your the ignorant one with some delusion that lebron designed the cavs defense and scored all of their 110 ppg. Anyone that thinks Lebron James coached the Cavs really thinks more highly of him than i do.
    I dont hate Lebron, but he still acts like a kid(nothing wrong with that), but he's not coaching ANYTHING!!

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XXjNkFvZcaw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

He coached the wolves pretty well. He was an interim coach with the knicks few years back. Good candidate for sure.Personaly i think Elson Turner is ready for the gig

11. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Me, too, but he doesn't want it

12. TISNF

TISNF Member

So we'll vilify Kelvin Sampson for making phone calls and sending text messages, yet we'll completely ignore the $1000 payment from Dwane Casey to Chris Mills.

Yeah, both are character guys.

(Just to be clear, I would say that Casey is better-prepared to be a head coach int he NBA than Sampson, but to the argument that "the Mills incident was decades ago. Move on," I simply believe it should be the same mindset with the "disgraced" Sampson.)

13. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

seems to me this is the guy we should go for. the guy got snubbed with his scrub arse team up in Minny back when (even though I think his record wasn't too bad), and according to certain posters on the mavs forum, they'd rather give up carlisle than casey.

bite??

14. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

#OUCH LOLOLOL

15. inishi

inishi Member

Well using the same ignorant logic as 90% of the posters here that think adelman is a terrible defensive coach ( he's the opposite in fact ), jvg must be pretty bad because the rockets d under RA with deke and Yao was extremely good.

16. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

I don't know much about him.

But I do know that he was the coach for the Timberwolves and had a losing record.

Here is the kicker: THIS WAS BACK WHEN THEY HAD KG.