1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Yahoo] Players+Coaches pleaded with Management to Keep Livingston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Nov 24, 2012.

1. JorgePenha

JorgePenha Member

Livingston last numbers

Starter: 21:40 minutes 1/5 FG - 2 points - 1 rebound - 4 assists - 1 block

Backup: AJ Price 31:24 minutes 6/11 FG - 14 points - 7 assists

But like i said, he will improve, i wish the best for him.

I preffered him than Machado.

---

But Lin still better.

Lin is a top PG today.

Only haters not accept this.

---

2. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

Come on now... I like Lin as much as anyone, but are you trolling?

3. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Don't agree with that at all.I think it's the opposite. Last year there were zero expectations of Lin ..He was the 3rd string PG that was only playing because of injuries..If he played poorly it would have been understandable.He played well and it took everyone by surprise.This year it's expected that he play well.

4. Karolik

Karolik Member

Sigh, this has gotta be sigmund. Don't feed the troll.

5. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

wtf it's money reasons. morey is always looking to keep the cheaper contract (TD's) to enable us to keep cap space.

sure livingston outplayed TD in preseason, but coaches also said we need his 3pt shooting more than Livingston's playmaking since we had gotten Harden

6. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

Oh so we could not get extra money, and take a gamble on him, and those knees...I say no....although if the money was right of course, but nah man...
    TD is being paid for almost in full by NYK, and Cook can play....we will get a back up PG soon, just wait

7. RedEyesKirby

RedEyesKirby Member

People still fall for "sources said" thing? For all you know their sources could be the writer's mother talking about a chinese guy she met at the mall who quarrelled with her about lifting stones in the gym.

8. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

We've already got a back up ...need to find a starter

9. meh

meh Contributing Member

Even if the sources are legit, and I'm not sure how legit it is, there's a reason why players play basketball, coaches coach basketball, and front office make personnel decisions.

10. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

I think, if the story was true, it was pleading for Livingston to stay so we didn't need to see TD ...

11. roslolian

roslolian Member

If we kept Livingston he would have been guaranteed 3M for the year. It's not as easy as retaining the best players, money plays a part in it too. If we didn't cut Livingston the pg spot would have cost:

Lin->8M
    TD -> 3M
    Livingston ->3M
    Machado-> 0.5M

So that's roughly one max contract, except while others have CP3/DW/DRose+filler, we have Lin+Filler.

12. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

This year is irrelevant.

All these roster moves only exist to get another star. That cap space will be used at the deadline almost guaranteed.

Besides, who should we have cut instead?

13. rock34

rock34 Member

In addition, once the Howard trade went down in flames the mentality of this team change to go young.

I agree that Livingstone played well in pre-season and was dissapointed he was cut but he has already reached his ceiling. I believe they kept who they kept because they were staying with guys with greater potential, not who will let them win now.

And please, don't make the arguement that if that is the case why are most of the rookies not playing. You have to develop them first. Obvious example, look at Marcus Morris. If you just give them the minutes now then they probably don't work as hard to improve their game.

Imagine if we would of just handed the minutes to Royce White!

14. joepu

joepu Member

Did Livingston really outplay Lin in preseason? I doubt it. While I didn't watch the preseason games, I'm sure it would have been all over clutchfans if that were true. Writer loses some credibility with me on that. Makes me wonder if it's just another hit piece payed for by the Knicks. Knicks just got demolished by the rockets and Parsons has the best game of his career but all he has to talked about is Lin?

15. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Les got caught up in the Lin Hype and essentially directed Morey to re-aquire him. Now we are stuck paying $8.5 mil for the next 3 years to a glorified bench player. Lin's salary and hype worked against Livingston. It's also gonna prevent us from paying Parons and still being able to aquire a max player.

I've seen enough. Colossal mistake by Les and Morey. It will be interesting to see how many years this move sets us back. Should have paid Dragic instead. At least we would have gotten a starting caliber pg out of it.

Update: I'm a moron. We have Parsons for 3 years; same as Lin. This jut in: Lin still sucks.

#35 Aruba77, Nov 24, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2012
  16. iconoclastism

iconoclastism Member

Harden says Lin is putting "a little too much" pressure on himself.

He needs put pressure on someone else off the court like Harden to relief the pressure when on court.

17. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

When will Parsons be a FA and will he be restricted?

18. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Next offseason

19. Dat Dude

Dat Dude Member

Anyone else feel like this is the time to sell high on Parsons? Meaning from here until the end of the season? I love the kid and think he's a valuable player with some good tools, but we could pair him with another asset or 2 (or 3) and get a dynamic player in return. Just a thought.

20. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

smh, so if someone disagrees with your biased assessment then theyre a hater? get real man, Lin has been playing like hot garbage, truth. Im calling it like I see it, not going to sugarcoat it but for my Rockets sake I hope he can get his stuff together. Lin huggers will be haters on that

Livingston looked better than Lin in preseason, fact. 'haters will not accept'