1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Yahoo] Miami Players Moved To Tears After Loss

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by AFS, Mar 6, 2011.

1. Shaud

Shaud Member

It's also clear that Dwyane Wade was the biggest reason why the Heat won a title that year.

2. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

wow, people acting like the season is over already

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

You are completely out of your mind.

5. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Ya, we all know know how Tmac figured out the playoffs after that first rou- oh wait. :grin:

6. Marteen

Marteen Member

I'm guessing Spoelstra put that out there, so he doesn't get fired or something. He wants his boss to know that the team is showing life by crying.

But uh yeah, this is plain weird to me. Wade of all people should not be crying. He's got a title. He could go 0-82 for the rest of his career. But he'll still go down as a Miami legend.

7. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Queen James, he was not a winner before even although NBA promoted him as a King. What a joke! Wade should take the last shot every day to avoid their crying again.

8. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Look at the Heat team that won the NBA title and compare it to this year's team. You tell me which team is better? Why is it that team can win a title and this team can't even be "mentally tough"?

9. CCorn

CCorn Member

Lebron was the one that started calling himself the king after he was nicknamed it in Highschool, I don't think the Nba actually gave him the name ha.

10. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

I doubt these guys get out of the second round this season. My only problem with this whole team since the beginning is the conceit that you can win basketball games playing 3 on 5. Its become pretty obvious that they can coast in the east playing crappy teams but their record shows that playing against the elite teams in the league they've been exposed. In few years if they can add a couple more players to fill out the rotation then maybe they can make it to the finals.

11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I can just picture Le'bron sitting in front of his locker - towel over his head - gnawing on his fingernails with tears streaming down his face.

12. King1

King1 Contributing Member

I wonder who was big spoon? Lebitch or Bosh

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The 2006 team had Pat Riley as coach and he had unquestioned command of the team. He's one of the most iron-fisted coaches in the last 30 years and had that squad on one page. Everybody knew what their role was and their team chemistry was great going into the playoffs. In fact, IIRC, in the discussion thread of the Finals, most people here picked the Heat to win the series because their chemistry was better than the Mavs even though the Mavs had more talent.

Wade was the alpha dog and carried them on his back. Shaq was still good but he was clearly on the downside.

The current team has nothing to do with 2006 and doesn't change the fact that Wade's greatness is why they won the title. At 0-2 in game 3, they were down 13 with 6 minutes left. Wade turned into Superman and willed them to victory. If that isn't mental toughness, tell me what is?

Regarding mental toughness this year, I don't question Wade's at all. But as a team this Heat squad has some serious issues. Their roster is unbalanced, there are major holes and I wonder if Spoelstra is up to the task of fixing it. They still have time to get it right.

14. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

I wonder who was crying the most. I have my money on Bosh.

15. HRocketsFan

HRocketsFan Member

New logo and colors coming soon...

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  16. J.R.

J.R. Member

SVG on Heat: "If you don’t want scrutiny, you don’t hold a championship celebration before you’ve even practiced together."

WindhorstESPN

Erik Spoelstra on what he termed "crygate": "It's a classic case of sensationalism" by media. Said he didn't regret saying it.

IraHeatBeat

There is no "sensationalism" by the media when a team has a sensationalistic celebration before even playing its first game together

17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

people are putting a lot of stock in these few games. san antonio game was a concern, but being in close games and not finishing is something that can be fixed. they almost closed this one out if not for some stupid mistakes.

18. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

I can understand crying in the playoffs, but in the regular season what the hell.

I know these guys arent trying to make people feel sorry for them because that would be funny as hell.

#78 T-mac&Yao=RING, Mar 7, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2011
  19. aggie87

aggie87 Member

seeing the Heat lose brings a smile to my face....

with the formation of 3 of the NBA's top 10 players, I feel like they have become the Yankees of basketball

NBA championships are earned by great chemistry, being well coached, and defense, not putting 3 great talents together and expecting 10 rings

does anyone remember Lebron saying, not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, when telling the media how many rings he would have? then he went on the say, that he could have Pat Reilly in the starting lineup and still win rings

20. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

IIRC that's when the refs decided Miami should win. Seriously, Wade wasn't the MVP of that series, the refs were.