1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Yahoo] Lowry is younger, better, cheaper than Alston.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Spacemoth, Feb 19, 2009.

1. Rockets go go

Rockets go go Member

:( Lowry is for future
    not for now

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I don't think it will be that much of a problem. Lowry is a very good midrange shooter. Adelman intends to make use of that, I bet. Morey went out of his way to say Lowry will "do exactly what Coach Adelman says." If so, Yao should be happy. We have other weapons from behind the arc.

3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

One thing I can say about Alston is that if he's a bad post entry passer, Aaron Brooks is simply atrocious.

The Alston to Yao entry pass often goes awry, but that's often as much Yao's fault as it is Alston's. Yao is 7'6, he's huge, but he's just not an easy guy to get the ball to. We're out our best when one of our wings (McGrady or Battier, in particular) are feeding him the ball. I think if Brent Barry is playing the PG, he can be a great post entry passer for us at that position. Those guys got size, and that gives them better angles to deliver the ball.

Rafer will look for Yao, and I think he's better at delivering the ball to guys in the paint now than he used to be. Or maybe I'm just saying that because the last game he was doing a superb job of finding Yao and Scola down there. It will be interesting to see what playing with a more athletic big man who can catch the ball outside his immediate zone will do for him. At the least, he'll be throwing up a lot more alley oops.