1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Yahoo] Lowry is younger, better, cheaper than Alston.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Spacemoth, Feb 19, 2009.

1. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

Thanks captain obvious. Now go ahead and guess why I exaggerated a bit?

2. RocketsHero

RocketsHero Member

wait, that is what we need too, how ironic.

3. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

They don't like season salt.

Kidding, Houston may have brought the deal to the table and they felt like Rafer was better than not being involved at all.

4. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I have no idea. He expressed his opinion which is that Lowry is better than Alston, and you made it sound like he was being arrogant about it. Your posts are hard to figure out sometimes.

5. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Right... they didn't really have a prospect waiting in the wings, familiar with the system the way the Rockets do in Brooks.

I love the move today. I was dreading that we may get older and lose Brooks somehow.

I feel like Brooks is a new Kenny Smith type with his speed...

6. jerinrulz

jerinrulz Contributing Member

7. blender

blender Member

actually, it was due to Stan Van Gundy's recommendation that made Jeff want Alston for the Rox in the first place.

8. slimichael85

slimichael85 Member

Trade is done and can not be overturned for sure.
    What we as fans cand do is wait and see what Lowry can bring for us.
    Hopefully he could become a valuable additon to our rotation.
    God bless Rox

9. michecon

hint:
    "younger, better, and comes cheaper, Big, big move" doesn't add up to "they may have been better off trading for Lowry instead". He might as well said "Orlando is so dumb that they have absolutely no clue". Given KD is a Rocket fan, it's not hard to guess why he put these words there. If he lays out different pro and cons, then it's a different story.

10. durvasa

Orlando is obviously in win-now mode, so maybe they aren't concerned with Lowry being younger and cheaper. And him saying Lowry is better than Alston is obviously just his opinion. He's not suggesting that's undeniable truth, so I see nothing incongruent with him writing "they may have been better trading for Lowry instead".

I don't know, evidently you thought he was being insulting. It didn't come across that way to me at all, but whatever.

#30 durvasa, Feb 19, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2009
  11. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Younger! Better! Cheaper!

This sounds like an advertisement for fresh talent at the Men's Club. :cool:

12. michaelyoung

michaelyoung Member

All I got from this news is that, OH, MAGIC CAN GETS THE RING, WE CAN SAVE THE MONEY. FINE.
    Dame the trade, I hate it very much.

13. durvasa

lol .. :D

14. michecon

Meh. it's not so much he insulted Orlando, than he obviously talked up Lowry, without giving much reasoning/supporting evidence. Maybe knowing his articles will be posted here have something to do with this?

15. michaelyoung

michaelyoung Member

Of course, That's he who made the trade. So he have to say something to decorate it.

16. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Lowry is younger, better, cheaper than Kirk Hinrich too, lol.

17. durvasa

Perhaps. But I think he knows enough about these players to where he could give you a detailed run down of their strengths/weaknesses if you really want it. He mentioned a few things: Lowry "contributes" more per minute (you could consider PER as supporting evidence), he's less inconsistent (any evidence really necessary for that?), and he has particularly good rebounding abilities for the position. Again, if he had the time and he was inclined to do so, I think he could tell us more. Maybe he can jump into this thread and do that if he's reading.

18. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Good read from KD, as always. I must say I agree. The more I let this sink in the more I love this trade. Sure, getting better value for Alston would have been nice but at the same time I cannot envision us being able to find minutes for all three: Rafer, Brooks and Lowry.

19. durvasa

Do you like the deal?

20. Olajuwon2Yao

Olajuwon2Yao Member

Kyle Lowry is the next Rajon Rondo I've been telling you this for a lot of posts today. Great pesky defender, Great finisher and driver, pass-first PGs, Let the man start already.

As a matter of fact let China give him a shoe contract already. ;)