1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Yahoo] Greg Buckner hired as an assistant

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Egghead, Jul 27, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Egghead

Egghead Member

SpearsNBAYahoo
    Former NBA player Greg Buckner has been hired by the Houston Rockets for an assistant coach position.

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

3. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

He played for McHale while with the Timberwolves. Probably replaces as director of player programs.

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Meh. Careeer backup.

5. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

Good for McFail, getting lots of help.

6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I think this is a good hire. Isn't he still young enough to play? How long has he been retired?

7. famicom

famicom Member

Indeed.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  8. Carl Herrera

If OKC had a career starter like Kenny Smith as coach, they would have been much better.

9. Carl Herrera

If OKC had a career starter like Kenny Smith as coach, they would have been much better instead of being the perennial flameouts that they are.

10. Nook

Nook Member

COME ON I said he WAS a career backup coach, not that he would be!

1 person likes this.
  11. fattz

fattz Member

Why is this a good hire? I personly know very little about him. Will you share what you know about him as coach? Thanks for any information you have.

Fattz

12. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

How many assistants do we have now? And they are from all over the place. I hope they get a long.

13. Carl Herrera

They'll form cliques for sure. I think McHale and Sampsonm who are from the same age group will hang with each other and then younger guys will be divided by race. Bickerstaff and Buckner on one hand and Finch+Gunning on the other.

Maybe it'll be a strictly racial thing with the 3 white guys together, the 2 black guys together and nobody talks to Kelvin Sampson who feels really lonely but maybe Kevin Martin will go with him so that's OK.

14. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I don't think he has had much coaching experience. I just mostly know about him as a player. He was somewhat of a journeyman throughout his career and has played with a few of todays stars (Dirk, Carmelo). Good offensive/defensive player who is still able to relate to the younger players on the team as well as play with them in practice. He has worked some with McHale already.

15. da_juice

da_juice Member

Maybe a big interracial brawl starts, and the players get involved. D-Mo and Dragic fend off the latino, whilst Chase gets torn apart by the other 11 guys on the team. Maybe Morey comes down, trys to sort it out. Maybe Dragic hits him with a chair and says something like "Intangibles this !"

1 person likes this.
  16. Nook

Nook Member

I heard that Dragic is not too happy having such an african american influence on the coaching staff.... if you catch my drift....

Then there is always the divide between the American born players and the foreign born players.

I heard last year that Brad Miller heard Yao speaking "Chinese" and cracked him in the leg causing him to be reinjured and apparently ruining his career... really sad.... out of fear Yao would not have Brad charged with a hate crime.

Worst I heard is that Lowry apparently hated played with women, so the Rockets had to deal AB.

Just sad all the way around.... Yao has fled to China, Brad has been traded to a remote white haven (Minnesota) and Dragic gets to keep mouthing racial bombs because no one thinks he can speak english.

17. Chris Jent MVP

don't forget, leslie alexander suports slavery. NEVAR FORGET !!1

18. Carl Herrera

Read more: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/7672198.html#ixzz1TJOSCrMW

So Career Backup Greg Buckner will help Rockets players to develop into the Career Backups that they already are?

19. stmeph

stmeph Member

Career Backup is the ceiling for Thabeet. A man can dream, though.

20. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

A scrub is a guy that thinks he's fly and is
    also known as a buster
    always talkin' about what he wants
    and just sits on his broke ass

But a scrub's checkin' me
    but his game is kinda weak
    and i know that he cannot approach me
    cuz I'm lookin' like class and he's looking like trash
    can't get wit' a deadbeat ass