1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Yahoo] For Yao, one and done is no longer an option

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by the_hustler, Apr 20, 2009.

1. Yao's hair

Yao's hair New Member

fun to speak here :)

2. she'sdone

she'sdone Member

Yea, as long as T-Slack isn't in this team. :D

3. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

At least the poster was trying to analyze an aspect of the game, better than a lot of the other English posts.

4. MisterPink

MisterPink Member

I love how much Yao cares. You know that no matter what, he is giving all of his effort everytime he steps on the court.

Yao and Ron are actually really similar in some ways. . .

5. Setuablaz3

Setuablaz3 Rookie

I'm not a fan of T-mac but even I know, he too was dedicated to winning in playoffs. He was because he understands his career will be defined by it. He may have tanked games or even seasons early in his career but he did what he thought was best in the playoffs for this team.

It's his attitude that is the problem which this article points out.

Every team in post season are dedicated to winning, be it Lakers or Philly.

6. errpac

errpac Member

Just got to say thanks ZhaoZhiLong for translating his article. I think it's really helped allowing the Chinese speaking fans to express their ideas to the American Rocket fans allowing communication across the world which is great. Very good translation.
    Also thanks to brooksball for that lhilariously entertaining translation. It didnt make sense what so ever but was superisingly funny when it came together which made it all the more great. Great stuff, and not sure what jettison means but yea Jettison!!! Lets go Rockets, take this one and put them on tilt.

7. Stewy

Stewy Member

TMac has the fourth highest PPG in playoff history. If that's not being "dedicated to winning" then I'll take 5 guys who aren't dedicated to winning.

TMac has his flaws, but the criticism has surpassed reality and become mostly myth.

8. Nero

Nero Member

Don't worry, friend. You keep posting, any true Rockets fan is welcome.

If you can get someone to help you translate, great. If not, someone will probably do it for you here.

9. tsunami

tsunami Member

wow Fran now also writes for Yahoo. Excellent read.

10. B-balltm

B-balltm Member

Not that I care much about any players' emotions off the court, but this was just blatant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PofsN2LgH0I

11. Kracka0476

Kracka0476 Member

Can somebody tanslate this to Chinese.

"Mark Cuban Sucks"

12. win2k

win2k Member

Mark Cuban = 傻叉

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yawn, this has been refuted time and time again, he has higher numbers because he plays more minutes and shoots more often.

But his FG% actually goes down, making him less efficient in the playoffs.

Whereas a player like Hakeem went UP by playing better, not more.

DD

14. qiao

qiao Member

LMAO!!! I must say that this is the funniest English-Chinese translation I've ever come across...

15. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Pick N' Roll translates into Chinese, huh? I'm impressed. :)

16. Stewy

Stewy Member

No one's confusing TMac with Hakeem. But, you don't have to be Hakeem to be "dedicated to winning."

A player who's trying to sabotage his team in the playoffs or whatever you're trying to suggest wouldn't put up historic numbers in the playoffs. The two incidences simply cannot coexist.

If you want to knock TMac for selling out on his team this season, fine. If you want to knock TMac for being heartless and flakey at times during the regular season, fine. But you can't apply those criticism to incidents where they shouldn't be just because you don't like the guy.

Be critical of the guy. But be fair too.

17. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

Being dedicated to winning is more than being about scoring. It is how you carry yourself on and off the court. How you make your teammates better. TMac has the ability of ANYONE in the basketball world, he just doesn't win, why?

Before in Orlando: His teammates sucked, that's fair, they did suck. When your #2 is Mike Miller and after that it is Pat Garrity, that is a pretty terrible team.

In Houston: In Dallas (I and most of NBA fans I think) believe we got cheated out of that series. Ok fine. 2 years in Utah, 1st year we had 0 excuse, we had a full team, but blame went on JVG (not Tmac who is the bonafide star) next year Yao was hurt, again blame gets shaken off of Tmac.

I don't know I feel Tmac is actually given a bunch of times the benefit of the doubt, but a superstar should be able to carry his team to victory even the crummy teams. He just doesn't have that "it" to get his team over the hump, he has had something like 7 chances to close out a series and never has once, why? Because he doesn't care enough and he knows he isn't going to carry blame.

Just think for a second beyond numbers and say: Kobe on ANY of those teams. How many would the Rockets have won? Even w/ the crummy refs, Kobe would've gotten us ready to go in Game 7 and possibly have taken that series. Kobe def would have lead us to victory vs. Utah (the first year), Kobe probably would've beaten Detroit that year they had 3-1 on them (in Tmac's Orlando years). And none of this is because Kobe is SO much better than Tmac, what Kobe has is a fight and a willingness to win. Tmac is one HELL of a talent and he is just damn lazy and that laziness rubs off on his teammates.

18. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

No "WE" don't. Blindvery sucks!

19. Stewy

Stewy Member

I guess we just have different definitions for "dedicated to winning." For some of you it is "being Kobe," or "being Hakeem," or carrying a team on his back.

To me being dedicated to winning is playing good basketball. He plays fantastic basketball in the playoffs. He's scored the 4th most PPG in the history of the league. Regardless of whatever peripheral argument you want to construct around that, it is an amazing feat. Obviously it hasn't been enough to carry his team past the first round, but it's far from not being dedicated to winning IMO.

20. Al Calavicci

Al Calavicci Contributing Member

Damn it all to hell. McGrady has been pissing me off all year and these comments are certainly no exception...but I can't feel the same hatred I did for him even five minutes ago after re-watching that video.

He cares in the playoffs. The problem is that his style of play during the regular season doesn't make our team more playoff ready. But he did give it all during the post season.

I'm ready to move on though.