1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Yahoo] Dwight Howard: He’s determined to leave the Magic for the Nets,.........

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by s2kboy16, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Ut oh...

I've never been a fan of Dwight.

Until he develops the game that Hakeem taught him, he's nothing in my book. :p

2. allanivan

allanivan Member

Agree, can they offer both their pick and our first-round pick at the same time?

3. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

He honors his contract simply by playing the games hard, just like a team honors the contract by signing the paychecks. If you cared so much about honoring contracts, you'd be against trades happening in the NBA at all. Why talk about honor when teams bounce players around all the time? Is honor just a one way street?

You don't know his intentions. Maybe he'd actually stay if they brought in some help like DWill or Ellis. He certainly looked pretty happy to be a Magic when they were in the finals fighting for a championship. You're only assuming that he's playing them and has already made up his mind. I had a friend just like the girl you described. She had two demands for her boyfriend: 1) finish school and 2) get a job. You might call her shallow for not wanting to date a loser, but I say who can blame her?

4. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Call his bluff, pull a Utah Jazz on Deron Williams move and "send him to Siberia"

5. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Orlando should ship him off before they have to sit through "The Decision: Part 2".

6. amaru

amaru Member

If you hate articles like this......why pay any attention to them? :confused: Attention = more of them...

7. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Well it's not exactly like I knew someone in the article would say Howard is doing his team wrong by simply choosing where he will go as a free agent. The article title isn't anything like "Howard ****ing over Magic".

8. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

I stopped reading after that :rolleyes: I don't care what the hell does I would love him on this team. I hate LeBron as most of us do but we all know we'd LOVE him if he chose Houston after the decision.

9. Mr. Space City

"If Orlando doesn't trade Dwight now, they're the guy who thinks that stripper really likes them."

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Orlando must trade him.

Josh Robbins ‏ @JoshuaBRobbins
    @WallaceNBA_ESPN:
    Marc Stein ‏ @ESPNSteinLine
    David Aldridge ‏ @daldridgetnt
    Zach Lowe ‏ @ZachLowe_SI

#70 J.R., Mar 13, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2012
  11. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

The vagueness of the responses reminds me of when a guy/girl is not really into their bf/gf anymore but doesn't want to be the "bad guy" by breaking someone's heart so they'll do it gradually or until they "figure it out" on their own haha. He's not "playing games", read between the lines. The answer is there.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Of course Dwight doesnt want to be a bad guy. He doesn't want to be seen in the same light as LeBron. That's the last thing he wants.

No secret he wants out, no secret he wants NJ. Orlando should trade him.

13. atomicanderz

atomicanderz Member

@KBergCBS: Quite clearly, Dwight wants his cake and eat it, too. Some Magic officials privately disgusted with his comments tonight, sources say.

14. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

not sure if he would stay in LA either if Brooklyn is available

i mean unless he goes and he and kobe win it all -- which is possible but who knows

1 - he wouldnt be the main guy kobe will be even if he is in a wheelchair kobe will always be #1
    2 - he would be the 4th biggest star in the city - maybe tied for third behind kobe, griffin and paul -- in NY he would be the biggest maybe tied with Melo
    3 - does he have shoes to fill -- he wants to stop with the Shaq/superman comparisons - like going to LA where Shaq did and teaming up with Shaq's former teammate is going to wonders for that
    4 - Shaq, Kareem, Wilt -- tradition of great centers Dwight would not be able to withstand the pressure from that and the expectations from the fans and media

The guy would be scared to go to LA i feel and while it looks good and Orlando may just do it to get great pieces in return I doubt he would stay there

I mean in brooklyn he is immediately the top dog in NY and has a clean slate i mean he will be expected to win because its NY and I believe he will with Deron williams there and all but there will be no shadow of amazing centers and a legacy for him to follow. He will be the one writing the legacy there. I think that matters to him more than anything he wants to be out of the whole shaq/dwight comparisons he had in orlando (imagine comin to la and having even more of those?) and being in brooklyn he will not have those and from a financial sense he will bring in plenty of dough from endorsements there.

15. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I'm pretty sure somewhere in his contract it has to state he may be traded, but i doubt it states he can request a trade. To honor that, you play it out and don't ask to be traded, unless the team is violating your rights as a player.

Of course he looked happy when he was playing for a ring. He thought they were legit and would be contenders for years. Why wouldn't he be happy? Now they're not and he's not happy, pretty simple to figure that out. It's not difficult to predict his intentions. He wants a ring. Orlando isn't in a position to get him that. It is highly unlikely that they'll do it this season. Therefore, it's easy t conclude Dwight's planning to leave them. He knows they dont have flexibility or leverage to make a trade that's going to make them a contender. He's also driven by fame. He wants to act. He's said it before. He's had his eye on Hollywood, but NY will do. I don't think it can be any clearer that his leaving. What he's doing is trying to avoid the backlash Lebron got by dragging it out.

That's not the same girlfriend scenario at all. Unless she was lying? Was she still going to leave once he got a job and finished school? Because that's what i was talking about. Simply demanding better isn't what i was referring to.

16. meh

meh Contributing Member

If I were the Magic, I'd be quite disgusted too. He's basically saying "I'm gone the moment I can opt out but I don't want to go through the hassle of having to go to a 3rd city for a few months." That's pretty much a big FU to the Magic.

17. Chinahype

Chinahype Member

Superman. he don't give a sh**

18. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Howard's ego is at an all-time high and the media feeding him more than he can handle. I hope his comments will make them blow the whole team up and they trade him to a bottom team.