1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Yahoo] Crittendon tells judge he "feared for his life," gets probation

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by foodworld, Jan 26, 2010.

1. foodworld

foodworld Member

Didn't see it posted, so I thought I'd put it up for discussion. Good representation by Jarvis's lawyer, I might add, to help him get off and paint Gilbert as the crazy bad guy!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_y...28vLYF?slug=ap-wizards-guns&prov=ap&type=lgns

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

So will he be kicked out too?

He should be.

DD

3. amaru

amaru Member

He can't play anyway

4. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

So....

He gets probation, what next? Suspended without pay indefinitely as what Mr. Arenas received in the first place? It should be, both of them pulled a gun and drew at each other as reported, no one really saw what's happened in there. With the fact that being stated that both took out a handgun, well, Arenas put 3 guns on the chair to be exact, they both deserve suspension from the league.

5. King1

King1 Contributing Member

I can't believe they bought that garbage. He feared for his life? Yeah right

6. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

so the story admitted to is that it was unloaded. I assume he'll get either the same or a lesser penalty than Arenas. (some were originally saying it would be greater b/c they thought his was loaded)

7. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Um...what exactly do you think was going through is head after a heated exchange with somebody followed up with that somebody leaving multiple handguns in your locker? Especially when that somebody is bat**** crazy, like Gilbert is?

8. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

It sounds to me like the two were somewhat playing around/posturing and had no clue when to f'n stop.

Conflicts don't usually escalate to guns in such a ridiculous manner.

9. brian_chapman

brian_chapman Member

the both commited the same crime and arenas gets felonies and critter gets probation? what the hell? i get it he feared for his life, but he still commited a crime and should have told AUTHORITIES arenas had guns BEFORE crittonton brought them in also.

if im a cop or judge, im asking, if you knew that arenas had guns and so you brought yours, why not tell the teams gm,coach,stern,police,fbi anybody so you dont get shot

arenas if he used that argument he was scared of crittonton he would still be in trouble. this smells of conspiracy by stern and obama do get arenas contract nullified. Nullified to help wizards rebuild. I bring up obama because he is in washington and seen at wizard games , and also how would it look if arenas did used them in washington dc at the stadium in the same city obama is? obama probably gave stern and police a phone call and said nail him

alot of players are packing heat without license and stern turns his head, but for some reason they went apesh!t over arenas. somethings not right.

1 person likes this.
  10. FFz

FFz Member

Arenas has priors. He had gun problems in golden state also.

11. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

ToyCen, is that you?

1 person likes this.
  12. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

LOL at the failed name spelling of the title, its Crittenton I believe.

Yahoo! sucks.

13. mugrakers

mugrakers Member

thats such a load of bs...

he just lost all street cred

14. Shaud

Shaud Member

I'm pretty sure trash talk is common in the NBA. I haven't heard any stories of Gilbert shooting anyone so I don't think he is that crazy.

15. Shaud

Shaud Member

Smart move by Crittenton though.

16. leslie

leslie Member

Few things to consider:
    1) Gilbert has priors (related to guns, too)
    2) Gilbert brought 4 guns to the locker room.
    3) The police never found Jarvis's gun.
    4) Jarvis's lawyer and the police might have reached some sort of agreement before Gilbert plead guilty. After all, Gilbert Arenas is a bigger fish.

17. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I'm sure leverage had a lot to do with this whole thing. The US Justice System isn't usually isn't 100% fair. And in this case, while there were other factors, the most important one was evidence of the guns. The cops had Gilbert's and they didn't have Javaris'. If it was the other way around (in terms of who trashed his gun and who turned it in), there's a good chance the charges would be reversed.

1 person likes this.
  18. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

That's what she said.

1 person likes this.
  19. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

I'll gladly lose my street cred to stay free! But the article says his gun was legally owned. Was that the same for Gilbert?

20. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Clearly not with guns. Arenas brought guns to the arena, put them in Crittenton's locker, and later jokingly laughed about it while doing the shot em up dance in a huddle. that's crazy.

There always seem to be some kind of antics surrounding Arenas...none have seemed to be this violent before, but to me, the guy seems to not be all there, so to speak.

I'm not saying Javaris shouldn't be blamed...I just don't see why it's so hard to believe the guy might have legitimately been scared?