1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Yahoo!] Carmelo privately expressing more enthusiasm to join Rockets than Knicks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ebu, Aug 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnstarks

johnstarks Member

That's a good point. I think it all depends on the deal that Denver puts out on the table. If Denver gives us a good deal up front, then we should jump on it. But, if they play hardball, we should wait. I don't want to give up a ton of our core and tie up a ton of salary in him if we don't have to.

2. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I AM SO HAPPY WE GOT MELO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. verse

verse Contributing Member

Let me be the first to say that if this deal goes through I want Melo in session with Olajuwon ASAP. Melo already is a load on the blocks, with very good footwork. A few head to heads with Dream on post pace and strategy - namely that he is best served starting his games in the post - and Melo would take his game to yet a higher level.

I am sure Dream would impart some defensive principles, as well, though not necessarily on shot blocking. Dream was an underrated master of keeping post players squared up to him, as well. That knowledge, though not as applicable to a SF as it would be to a full-time post defender, still would be welcome pearls in the Melo ocean.

4. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 people like this.
  5. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

Backup SF?

Mike Harris anyone?

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

We did :confused:

We are making too much out of a rumor. I know it's been reported by Woj but still...it's nothing but a rumor right now and 2morrow everything can change with "Carmelo signs, extends contract with Nuggets."

7. DontTradeOswalt

That's one of the best pics ever

8. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

It's your time morey, snatch him.

9. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

This is indeed getting very interesting if Melo' s interest towards Houston is real. Given that we have more tradeable assets than the Knicks, I say we are nearly in the cat seat.

Good news. Hope we get him.

10. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Aren't the Nuggets trying to get rid of JR Smith? Maybe the Nuggets could throw him into the deal. Battier could probably be bought out, too.

Brooks/Lowry
    Martin/Lee/Taylor
    Melo/Smith
    Scola/Patterson/Hayes
    Yao/Miller

11. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Ronnie Brewer could've been nice, too bad he isn't on the market anymore. :(

12. Htown's2kFinest

why not, the guy has been with the org for years. mvp of the d-league as a the backup SF is ok with me.

13. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Man it would be so sweet to see Melo in a Rockets uni opening night against LA.

14. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

I really agree with being Knicks overrated, their management is a joke, they have one of the worst GM, not to mention they brought their lucky charm back (Isiah Thomas) the organization isn't looking to win.

15. Tabvegas

Tabvegas Member

DM has delivered in the past so I won't doubt him. However he may even be smart enough to not pursue this, because he always knows what's best for us. So I'll be happy when the deal is done.

I do worry though that Morey's rep of being a genious is started to get louder around the league. Anyone concerned about losing him to bigger markets? NY, LA, whitehouse?? I'd vote for him for Prez.

16. kokopuffs

kokopuffs Member

everyone on the nuggets has a bad contract. literally everyone.

17. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

I know that would be crazy, the audience rate would go though the roof.

18. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

Why would Denver want to say good bye to J.R. Smith?

-They want to say hello to Chase Budinger.

I am a firm believer that we will be seeing Melo in Rockets Red in the near future.

19. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Melo is the alpha dog we need to lead this team to close games. If Morey gets him without giving too much of our core players, we are instant contenders this year.

In addition, having Melo and our other solid role players would be like a magnet to desirable potential free agents in future years.

20. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

SC is not happy about this lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.