1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Yahoo!] Carmelo privately expressing more enthusiasm to join Rockets than Knicks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ebu, Aug 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. foo82

foo82 Member

Do people not realize how much we have to give up for Melo. Don't get me wrong, I think Melo is a great player but for what we may have to give up, I don't think I can agree to that. All these speculations and rumors remind of what happened with the whole Bosh ordeal (though he didn't express as much interested like Melo did). Either way, I'm just waiting till this blows over.

2. roslolian

roslolian Member

This thread is full of win. Well I hope we package Martin and keep Battier. Martin, Hill and C-bud's more than enough for Melo. We get to start Lee who provides perimeter shooting and pesky D, and Battier sticks around to help Melo on D.

3. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

I'd like to leave you behind.

4. Jontro

Jontro Member

They'd be damn good, yes. But Hakeem and Drexler could manhandle this team with one hand holding popcorn. Extra butter of course.

Whoa... slow down there speedracer. Let's not go overboard just yet.

5. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

NO. This line have no defence, the team will not beat anyone

6. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

Whoa. This is appearing to get a lot more serious than the whole Chris Bosh fiasco.

Gettin' excited.

7. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Soooo, if we trade Battier can we work some Morey magic and get the Nugs to waive him so we can resign him?

8. liljojo

liljojo Member

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4pXfHLUlZf4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4pXfHLUlZf4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

9. johnstarks

johnstarks Member

I think our best bet is to be patient. No one is in a rush to do anything here, except the Nuggets who want to get Melo to sign the extension. The closer the Nuggets get to the trade deadline without an extension, the weaker their hand will be to negotiate. A weaker hand for the Nuggets to negotiate helps both Melo and Morey. If the Nuggets have a weaker negotiating hand, the team Melo goes to can retain a better team.

From Melo's perspective, he should wait to sign the extension until closer to the trade deadline, especially since the Nuggets haven't put a deadline to sign the extension yet. There's no reason to rush into anything at this point.

From Morey's perspective, the longer he waits, the better. First, we don't know what kind of team we really have just yet. Will Yao be back to his old self? How will Yao play with Kmart and the other newer players? How will the chemistry be? What will our main needs be? How good will Bud be? These are questions we can better answer once the season is under way and we can see how things are going. In the meantime, we know we've got the best assets to offer and Melo has a de facto veto in the trade with his ability to sign an extension (which is why he should not sign one until a deal is made). As it gets closer to the trade deadline, Morey's hand simply gets stronger since we don't really need Melo as much as the Nuggets need a deal in return for their franchise player. Once we've seen what kind of team we have and Morey decides that bringing in Melo is better than whoever we give up, then we're in better shape to do a proper valuation and squeeze the most out of the Nuggets.

I'm assuming Melo will be starting the season in Denver and be shipped out before the trade deadline.

10. bloop

bloop Member

that team is the best in the West for 2010-2011 but how is it better than Houston 95 without a doubt?

Dream is better than Yao
    Clyde is better than Melo

it also had Vernon Maxwell, Kenny Smith, Gollum, Otis Thorpe, Robert Horry

dude a team of YAO SCOLA MELO MARTIN BROOKS would beat everyone in the West

11. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

Yeah.

I have been iffy on getting too excited, since I was soo over the top with the Chris Bosh scenario...

I really hope that these rumors are true and actually mean we are going to get Melo.

I am glad we have Morey right now!

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Cmon this is Morey we are talking about.

He's not going to trade Brooks/Martin/Chase/TPE for Melo.

Morey is going to sit there...give whatever poor noob is in Denver's GM chair a looooong look and we'll walk away only giving up Chase/Battier and filler for Melo :grin:

Do not lose faith in Morey. Whatever move he makes, is the right move even if it isn't a move at all.

13. Raven

Raven Member

Battier
    Jeffries
    2011 pick
    2012 pick from the Knicks
    Chase Budinger
    Jordan Hill or Patterson

for Carmelo

Our 2010 Houston Rockets:

Luis
    Yao
    Carmelo
    Brooks
    Martin

Brad Miller
    Patterson or Hill
    Courtney Lee
    Kyle Lowry

And we'll still have our 2012 first round pick.

:eek:

14. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

Man that would be something if we can keep Brooks and Martin

15. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

I would prefer to get Melo or make any other major, roster-shaking up trade as early as possible. The more time players play with each other, the better they'll play as a team when it really counts, i.e. in the playoffs. The more the players understand each other's tendencies and personalities, the better our team will play. So I would rather give up a little more in the way of assets than reduce our effectiveness in the playoffs. Having training camp together, in particular, would go a long way in integrating such major pieces to our team. It's impossible for a team whose best player joins midway through the season- see Kevin Martin last year or the Bulls after Jordan came back after his baseball season- to play at a championship level without training camp and enough experience playing together.

16. Merla08

Merla08 Member

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a149/8790/j*zz.gif

17. arjun

arjun Member

hahaha

18. DontTradeOswalt

Don't lose faith ma friend

[​IMG]

19. liljojo

liljojo Member

I think you're forgetting about a little someone named Clyde Drexler.

20. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

I think you're forgetting about a little someone named Hakeem Olajuwon.

There's a big difference between integrating a 2nd option and restructuring your entire team and sets around your 1st option.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.