1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Yahoo!] Carmelo privately expressing more enthusiasm to join Rockets than Knicks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ebu, Aug 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FoOLiSh_AzN

FoOLiSh_AzN Member

Good Find....but i dunno how reliable this guy and his sources are tho...but im hoping its really true.

2. Asian Sensation

Must not be that private now....

3. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_YBSBGq3oO4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_YBSBGq3oO4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

4. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

[​IMG]

5. mrdave543

mrdave543 Contributing Member

Man. I hope this isnt a tease....I didn't think it was even really possible..Would be very hyped about this season if we can land Melo.

6. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Whoa man. I'm still not sold on this, but if we don't give up too much, I guess I'll go for it.

I want the Nuggets to throw in a role player if possible.

I have a feeling that they'd want to unload JR on us as well...I hope not. That would disrupt chemistry immediately, especially if Melo' already has beef with JR's offensive decision-making.

We are immediate contenders with Melo joining our team though.

7. tofu--

tofu-- Member

If we get JR I'd entertain the thoughts of jumping off nearby bridges.

But who else would they part with? Birdman?

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Hop in flip flops. There might be some room left

[​IMG]

9. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

oh. my. god.

in morey we trust

10. DontTradeOswalt

SUCK IT KNICKS FANS!!!! It'll be hilarious to see their reaction if Hill and one of the picks they gave up are involved in this deal, which is possible. Anyone got a knicks forum to see their reaction to this report?

Anyway, we need to send Clutch the Bear and Chamillionaire to Melo's house, ASAP!!!

11. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

how soon can we get this done!??

12. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

morey would try to get melo even if melo wasn't interested. that's how morey is, and how every damn good GM should be. go at stars

hopefully the stars align and we get melo.

13. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Wojo has so far been the only reliable sports journalist when it comes to undisclosed sources. This is big guys.

14. BowlingBaller

BowlingBaller Member

If a trade were to happen for CA, when is the most likely time it would take place? Before the season begins? Right at the trade deadline?

15. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i call smoke screen. when denver officially starts shopping melo to teams on his wish list, the only leverage they will have is the illusion that everyone has a chance at him. IOW i'll believe it when i see it.

with that said,

WOOOO WE"RE GETTING MELO!!!

16. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

So many factors have to align before such a trade could be consummated.
    I see Morey balking if Denver tries to get greedy!
    With this in mind I will be patiently awaiting the next step.
    Morey please remember you are the Wizard, you are supposed to come out of such a deal with a much better team. :p

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Everyone just calm down though..it's just a rumor still at this point. Not even one of those rumors that flash across Sportscenter as breaking news and says "Sources say Carmelo has signed extension, headed to Houston."

But It's hard not to get excited. One thing I think is maybe Carmelo realize that New York still has to build a team around him and Amar'e...and the Knicks FO have proved that they CAN'T do that...while Houston's FO has proved that they can and bad luck (injuries) is the only thing stopping them from being contenders this upcoming season.

Any smart man would rather play here rather than New York if championships were on the mind. Knicks have been a place where careers go to die, and Melo had to hear about them trying to bring Isiah back in the fold...clearly this is team you can trust the FO.

I'm thinking...hoping...Melo is a smart man and realizes he can actually win a title 2011 with THIS Houston team...He can't win a title with the Knicks in 2011 and beyond that is a uncertainty.

That's the bottomline...that's what Morey has to sell.

"You come here...we are definite contenders if not the best team in the west. You go play for them...MAYBE you get homecourt in the East...MAYBE...and who knows what happens after that?"

C'mon Melo...you make it happen, on the end it's on you because i'm sure the Rockets would be glad to have you if the price wasn't too much.

18. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I won't be on board until it happens, and even then I'll reserve judgment until we see him on the court.

People don't change overnight, and while you can unequivocably call Anthony a "superstar", we need to see some growth in terms of his character to prove he'll make the sacrifices, of time, hard work, and most importantly of his ego, to become a real winner.

19. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I'm sure Morey is reading this thread and awaiting what we say with bated breath.

With that said...

Carmelo for a bag of potato chips isn't going to happen. I have a feeling we're going to lose a big time player on this one. Maybe we can get Cook back one day and we wouldn't be in this position where we need players.

20. fumduck

fumduck Member

Who can we sell to get CP3 next :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.