1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Yahoo!] Carmelo privately expressing more enthusiasm to join Rockets than Knicks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ebu, Aug 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tonybrooksadj

tonybrooksadj Member

I know we are all tired of the Melo speculation but I had one last idea for fun so I thought I would consult the all knowing experts of the BBS lmao
    Denver: G. Arenas, S. Battier, J. Taylor, Picks
    Washington: Jr Smith, Ish. Smith, J. Jefferies
    Houston: Melo and filler

I think it works for everyone but hey what do I know thats what you guys are for...

2. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Is Denver the new Toronto yet? They are headed there. Favors stock falling as we speak. Denvers teams drying up and deals. Getting worse like I predicted not more offers. They wont come. They never come. Phoenix, Jazz, Toronto, and Cleveland can be entered as proof. There will be no mid season deals that are better. Hope they can sell the sign and trade nothingness parts they get to the fans after the season is over.

3. G-Money

G-Money Member

Rockets' game on Oct. 30 is the most important of the season

The game on October 30 vs. Nuggets will be the most important game in terms of ever having a shot to contend for a championship.

The Nuggets' FO are scouting a lot of teams this year for potential trade scenarios for Carmelo Anthony. Derrick Favor's terrible game vs. the Rockets in China, may have cost the Nets' their future superstar. Sources say Nuggets were scouting Favors closely in China and have lost any interest that they might have had after watching him.

The game on Oct. 30 is our chance to give the Nuggets' FO a first hand look at our young talent and the progression made from all our players. Kevin Martin has improved dramatically from last year imo, maybe the Nugs just need a 2nd look at our team this year to consider our offers.

Without Anthony (or any superstar really), the Rockets don't have a shot at winning the title this year. Let's hope all our players perform well against them, then maybe the Nuggets will be intrigued by all the assets and players we have. Perhaps intrigued enough to trade Anthony to Houston. :p

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

5. G-Money

G-Money Member

Sup homeboy

6. backwardhead

backwardhead Member

My thoughts exactly. Face palm.

7. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

8. tonybrooksadj

tonybrooksadj Member

This deal has Morey written all over it:
    Denver gets: G. Arenas, S. Battier, J. Taylor, and picks
    Washington gets: Jr. Smith, Ish. Smith, and J. Jefferies
    Houston gets: Melo filler
    Denver gets a star, expiring, potential and picks
    Washington gets away from arenas with fair compensation
    Houston gets our star and if thats not a championship roster your smokin somethin

9. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/p...Iannazzone__Derrick_doing_Nets_no_Favors.html

So this was gonna be the proposed deal?

New Orleans and Denver gets raped in the deal.

10. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Agent Zero is an interesting thing, as good a player as he is, 3 years left on his contract with his knees, it's unlikely Denver will take on any white elephant contracts.

11. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Well now that the Nets have fallen off the Earth with Favors as being good. Like I said Bust potential huge with this kid as soon as I saw him and the draft experts. Got Tyrus Thomas written all over his face. Bulls arent dealing now with a contract they gave Noah. So in essence Morey can now swoop in and save that Denver franchise from mediocrity? Just let them stay mediocre and we let our season play out and build our guys status even more making them more valuable as the Rockets win more games. To me looks like Martin is gonna have his best season ever. Looks in great shape. Dont know we should let him go. Brooks is good Budinger might be untouchable and indispensiable by the deadline he may be our answer there anyways. Longer it goes more Budinger, Martin, and others look better. Might just stay with what we got. However the opportunity is now there if Morey wants to be a good guy and take Melo off their hands for them. :cool:

12. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

I have agreed with you on Favors bust potential from the beginning. He didn't seem to influence or elevate his team at Georgia and watching him play a few minutes against the Rox, he appeared totally lost out there.

If all that is true, it comes back to the Knicks and us.

13. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

1. Georgia Tech.
    2. Are you going to measure him by his first preseason before starting the NBA? Might as well have measured Dwight Howard by how he looked coming out of high school.
    3. Georgia Tech was actually decent last year. Watch how much they suck this year. Early on Gani Lawal was their main catalyst but by late season including ACC Tournament and NCAA Tournament he was clearly their best player, and it's not fault of the freshman that he was unable to elevate the games of his mediocre teammates. If he was a point guard maybe you could argue differently but all Favors did was dominate inside on a regular basis after working out some kinks in his immaturity through the first half of the season. He still made many freshman mistakes even at the end but what can you say, he was a freshman. Even Durant as mature as he was in his one year at UT could not take his team past the Elite 8.

There's a reason NCAA champions nowadays are not the most talented but rather the ones that can merge young talent with senior leadership and get everything to work just right before the seniors graduate and the young talents leave for the NBA.

14. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Not measuring him. Just guessing at this point and was guessing before the draft. Just don't feel like his bball iq is there from watching him at GT. And don't see the comparison to Durant at all. Favors appears to me to be a finisher that requires another superstar to get him the ball. If a player cannot create his own offensive game, if you can't hand him the ball and he go get his, he is not superstar level. I'm afraid this is the case with Favors. I'm afraid he's a watered down version of Amare with less of a jump shot.

15. Raven

Raven Member

What a horrible trade scenario. Agent Ego has one of the worst contracts in the NBA, and The Nuggets would insane to accept that deal.

16. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

I have never been enamored with Favors through the whole draft scenario. What I would do if I was the Nuggets would be to go after Cousins. That guy is a real draft prospect but also huge bust potential. Only he could be a real superstar also. He is bust potential because of weight concerns and his attitude or character issues might be a concern. I still when I look back cant see what any draft experts see in Favors. Especially enough to draft him over Cousins or others below him. Favors was a mid round pick even below Patrick Patterson in my opinion.

17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

LOS ANGELES — With each Carmelo Anthony sky-walking, up-and-under layup in traffic, it's easy to forget that Melo won't be doing this much longer in powder blue.

Anthony has thrived this preseason — Thursday, he tallied 30 points, 14 rebounds and nine assists in 34 minutes in a 100-95 victory over the Clippers — but privately he has kept his stance that he wants out, according to a source familiar with Anthony's decision-making.

The source said Anthony's camp is getting increasingly frustrated that he has yet to be dealt, desirably to an East Coast team, notably New York or New Jersey. The source maintained Anthony would also agree to a trade with Chicago, but the Nuggets won't make the trade unless it involves Joakim Noah. The source confirmed that it is highly unlikely Anthony agrees to a trade to Philadelphia or the Clippers.

The Nuggets desire Nets rookie Derrick Favors in a trade — something that could happen down the line. The 19-year-old post player has struggled this preseason with recent shooting nights of 1-for-6, 3-for-9 and 0-for-5. But Favors' upside is tremendous; he was the third pick in this summer's draft.

Nuggets coach George Karl revealed more about his private conversation with Melo this month, saying Friday: "I told Melo: 'I'm excited about coaching you maybe a little harder than I did before, because I don't think we're getting you to the top of the mountain, and that's where I think you belong. You're close. You're at the last stage of Mount Everest. But you have strengths and talents that can be improved.' We talked about defense and being a leader."

18. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

It seems Melo is out of reach for Rockets. Move on

19. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Denver aren't trading him til they get a feel for th value of the draft picks they get, and at least this way, Carmelo won't be with the team long enough to pull someone out of the lottery.

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

George, some people don't have that in them.

DD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.