1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Yahoo!] Bulls VP Paxson shoved Del Negro

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by rockets934life, Apr 13, 2010.

1. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AuWH0Rh6SZv56zaggpzNdRa8vLYF?slug=aw-paxsondelnegro041310

2. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

Yeah i just read this. Totally uncalled for by Paxson.

3. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

Damn, Imagine Morey shoving Adleman! Dude is like 6-6 and weighs close to 200 lbs. and would easily break one of Adelman's ribs if he shoved him.

Back to the story, Paxson needs to be reprimanded and fined. I hope the league gives him a "Stern" message!

4. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Vinny, like most coaches wants to win now, which is why he is not too concerned about Noah 3 years from now.

Paxson's job, OTOH, is to think long-term, not just this season. If Vinny was told to limit the minutes but he exceeded them then he should expect Paxson to be angry.

5. HombreDeHierro

haha Adelman is pretty tall too

6. worzel gummidge

Paxson and Forman angry, being protective of Noah, over Vinny overplaying his set minutes... Yep, sounds like Bulls management are laying the PR groundwork to fire Vinny soon.

7. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

Hey, whatever happened to ur signature about trading for Granger. Everytime you post something, I get excited bout the possibility of us getting him.

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Embarassing behavior.

The NBA should just cancel the first round series and give Cleveland a bye no matter whether Toronto or Chicago ends up with the 8th seed. These franchises are just bad.

9. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

I was under the impression that it was the other way around

10. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

VDN sucks but you have to side with him on this one. This "management imposed minute limit" thing sounds bogus and faulty. Why play the guy at all if he can only play him X number of minutes? If a coach and player mutually agree that a player is playing/feeling/looking well and decide to leave him in there I see no problem with it. Coaches are paid to coach -- not abide by silly sanctions imposed by the team's inept group at the front office.

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

That is just over the board. If the coach did something wrong, then talk to him. If he doesn't listen, fire him. You are the boss. Why get physical? I'd fire Paxson if I were his boss. That is just so unprofessional.

12. saintja2

saintja2 Contributing Member

I'll agree that this is just idiotic.

If the minute limit is like 25 minutes and the coach plays him 27, is that so big of a deal that you want to go and fight him?

These minute limits sound so stupid anyway, as if there really is a real difference.

13. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

You haven't learned yet that Morey is actually a younger Adelman who was sent to the distant future to learn advanced statistics and then sent back in time to this alternate universe to lead our team to a dynasty.

Why would Adelman shove himself?

[​IMG]

14. redwhiteone

redwhiteone Member

Oh heck, not this time traveling stuff again :grin:

Anyway, Paxson's actions was uncalled for. He should be fined or reprimanded or both. BTW, who was a better basketball player? Del Negro or Paxson? :)

15. Tiger23

Tiger23 Member

shove his ass back seabass!

16. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Coaches won't stay long with the "future" mentality. Many GMs and fans will call for change, and the coach would be ousted.

17. lalala902102001

Imagine if your boss walks into your office and tries to start a fight with you, because that's exactly what this was...

18. Akim523

Akim523 Member

I will happily take the hit then walk out of the door with a huge paycheck for the next 5 years ;)

19. Big Shot Bob

Big Shot Bob Member

I dont even understand why paxson still has a job. The only significant things he has done in his entire tenure is draft rose with the #1 pick (no brainer) and draft noah (right after he won a national championship). He's been very stingy with young talent. He never made a deal for gasol or gotten any low post help that his team has desperately needed since they let eddy curry go. On a sidenote, I think that eddy curry (even though he's fat and garbage now) could work with this current team since they still need a low post scorer and that's pretty much the only thing he does. That team is mediocre and mediocre is the ceiling that they have.

20. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member