1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Y! Sports] After the Buzzer: Rockets taking their time with McGrady

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Feb 12, 2010.

1. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

You may be right but you can't say they're not...you just never know what Dork Elvis has up his sleeve. :grin:

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Lets remember the biggest deals are always a surprise...I wouldn't put anything on a trade going down...but as long as there is a chance you never know...

I just think the Rockets have been way too conservative. The last risk they made was trading Rudy Gay...and right now that is EXACTLY the type of player we need.

3. djohn2o12

djohn2o12 Member

Letting Dallass get that much better is sickening

4. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

I think Morey should just scrap everything he's working on and just start negotiating a lucrative, long-term contract for Brian Cook.

I'm tellin' y'all, this guy is the answer. DD told me so.

5. choujie

choujie Member

It's not all up to Morey. Judging from what Washington got from Dallas, Rockets would have to part away with quite some assests to get this deal done.

Howard + Gooden is some talent there.

You never know how much Wizzards asked, and Rockets is not in a win now mode like Dallas, so there is no need to take the bite if too much has to be given away.

6. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Ehhh...Really could care less about Dallas, it was a really good move for them but I am only focused on the Rox and how they are improved for 2010-11. Cuban is going for it so I don't blame him now it's the Rox turn to make a move.

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

LOLZ. :grin:

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I respect Cuban if anything, those other teams in this state do whatever it takes to make their team contenders every year.

Being in our position right now would be unacceptable for the Spurs and Mavs.

9. choujie

choujie Member

I don't even know if Dallas gets that much better by this deal.

10. choujie

choujie Member

When motivated and healthy, Howard was near all-star level. You neve know what would happen next season, he has talent and he's not that old.

11. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Not even sure what that means. The Spurs have the greatest PF of all time, yet are visibly declining as they suffer from injuries and Jefferson gets older, and I'm not considering them a championship team for now. Meanwhile, the Mavs have an owner who won't hesitate to have a 90 million plus payroll, and that's hard to trump. So what are we going to do? Be patient, not go into " PANIC PANIC OVERPAY" and if the worst case scenario is getting under luxury tax and saving a lot of cash, that's hardly a bad worst case scenario.

< Good >

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You missed the point. Everyone thought the Spurs made the right move with Jefferson and they would be contenders again. For teams like the Spurs and Celts it's just about getting healthy any way.

13. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

And Houston does not have a health problem. At all.

< Good >

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Houston also doesn't have to think about getting healthy for the playoffs, because at this rate they won't make it.

Fortune favors the Bold.

15. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I don't mention with too much pride that I was the first to post that Cuban would scuttle the deal, but I do harbor some hope that this wasn't Morey's primary target. But who knows.

16. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Wait, wut, let's go back.

You argued that we're not the Spurs or Celtics because they aren't championship teams due to injury issues. I pointed that for the last few years, and ESPECIALLY last year, we weren't a championship team due to injury issues, and we're not a good playoff team due to injury issues this year, whether to the feet or to the balls.

And what the heck does your last statement even mean? I'd argue that good luck comes to those who wait than those who make stupid moves beforehand. You're acting like Morey won't trade for a star, which he clearly did last year. But we're not interesting in making mistakes as opposed to the other teams, whom as far as I can tell, are going "LOL LET'S SPEND AS MUCH AS WE CAN AS WE CAN JUST LOCK EVERYONE OUT IN 2 YEARS AND NOT FACE CONSEQUENCES."

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

No, I said the Spurs and Celts ARE just that health has been a issue this year. People count out those two teams now, but come playoff time. San Antonio and Boston are going to be hard to eliminate for any team. We Were ONLY a contender last year with Artest. Late injuries ruined that shot with the last blow to Yao...All those other years we were not contenders, contenders don't get eliminated in the first round.

Can you not read? "Fortune favors the bold." It means EXACTLY what it is supposed to mean bro.

What did Morey trade for a star again? A prospect and a draft pick, it was a low risk move no matter how you look at it. The only risk was that Artest would do something stupid.

I'm sorry, no one suggested stupid trades here, I just said the team need to take Risks...and when the team is UNWILLING to trade away SHANE BATTIER...that is just being over conservative.

Also Spurs and Mavs have made good moves. Look at the Nuggets, a few ballsy moves and where are they from where they were? We can continue to sit around on this team as long as we want and the best we can be is mediocre...We don't even know how good Yao will be when he returns also.

18. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

You should post more often.

19. thegame_2234

thegame_2234 Contributing Member

agree

1 person likes this.
  20. Melechesh

Melechesh Member

Kirilenko without the NY pick? **** the Jazz.