1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Xbox360/PS3] Assassins Creed

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by sccdct34, Nov 12, 2007.

Tags:
  1. KePoW

KePoW Contributing Member

ya, it really does look like that (on a HDTV at least)...the graphics/presentation are top-notch

2. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I got the last 360 one from the 59 location. They still had 3 PS3 versions left.

3. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

This is BS, I went to the Fry's on West Road and 45 and they said they will not release it until 6pm! WTF!!!!!!!!! Just give it to me now! What difference does one hour and a half make?!! Its crap like that, that makes me hate these stores. Which is why I buy my games used on Amazon.

4. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

That's weird (and stupid). Like I said, the Fry's on 59 is selling them and have sold out of the 360 version(I was there at 3:00).

5. halfbreed

halfbreed Contributing Member

I went to the Fry's in Austin at 6:30 after being told they were getting them at 6:00.

They were "sold out." Oh yeah, I was informed they'd be getting many more tomorrow. Riiiiiiight. How convenient given that the sale ends tonight.

6. TracyMcCrazyeye

i would try to get it price matched at circuit city or best buy. best buy didn't even check to see if fry's had it in stock. i just showed them the ad.

7. Nero

Nero Member

I drove all the way from Cypress out to the Fry's at 45@West, got there by 6:45, and was told they were 'sold out'.

I asked for a rain check, and the guy swore to me that $39 was their 'everyday price'.

Completely utterly pissed, not the least at my wife for throwing Sunday's paper away on Monday. :(

So I have no ad to use for the price-match either.

Maybe it'll be in tomorrow's big Friday ad, but I seriously doubt it.

worst traffic I have ever see between here and there.. all told it was about 2 hours in the car, for nothing. GR.

8. bladeage

I finally was able to get it, I walked in at 6:30 and there were 2 left. A friend of mine was offering to let me use her employee discount but since it was not regular price I didn't get the discount. No matter though, long as I got it. I just got back home and will not play until tomorrow after work, can't wait!

9. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

so wait, best buy and circuit city's will price match? ****, i mean theres not fry's around, dont think there are any in ohio, but damn, could print ad off fry's website and take it in. maybe they'd do it

10. kungfueurotrash

Playing it right now, imagine GTA in the Crusades period.... It'll take awhile to get going and once it does, blood will spout every where....

11. TracyMcCrazyeye

it's worth a try!

12. Takeoff

Takeoff Member

picked one up at frys for 39 on 59
    glad i bought it

13. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Got mine at Fry's on 59. I like the game. It does start off a bit slow, but it picks up. I can see why some review sites have this game ranked lower than others. But for $40, you can't go wrong. I tried to pick one up for a friend, but it was sold out...around 4pm.

14. JoeBozz

JoeBozz Member

seems like a more mature version of prince of persia

15. A00man

A00man Member

I think this game's graphics even beat Gears of War and Bioshock's graphics. It's just amazing to see everything in this game.

I haven't played much(i'm planning on finishing Mario Galaxy first), but from what I have, the story and presentation are top notch!

16. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

I might agree. Havent seen any water yet in Assassins Creed, have you? Does it look as impressive as BIOSHOCK? Water looked so real on that game I thought my TV was going to start leaking :p

17. bladeage

Prince of Persia was pretty mature, didn't you see some of those ways he executes enemies?

18. KePoW

KePoW Contributing Member

I have, there are lakes and oceans in AC...it doesn't look quite as good as Bioshock in that regard. but it's hard to say because you don't interact with water in AC. anytime you land in an ocean or lake, you die lol

19. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

I can definitely agree with that, although I haven't seen as much video from the game as I would like (sort of trying to avoid spoilers). The scale of the game makes it even more impressive when you think about it (big, open cities full of people). The animation is also considerably better than those games too, and probably better than the few games that look better (probably on par with Uncharted though, but that's a great complement). Seeing next-gen visuals with last-gen animation has been kind of disappointing for me, so I'm happy to see some developers are actually trying something new in that area.

20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

hey Cola,
    the PS3 truck was in Round Rock yesterday. I have a playstation headband if you want it. I'm not a PS guy, but I thought Ratchet and Clank looked really good.