1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Xbox360/PS3] Assassins Creed

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by sccdct34, Nov 12, 2007.

Tags:
  1. KePoW

KePoW Contributing Member

think the consensus is the 360 by a slight margin, but there is not a big difference either way

2. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Yeah, I have an HDTV. It looks really clean and havent seen any framerate problems the reviews mentioned. Yet I am only about an hour in.

3. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

Went to Fry's yesterday and they told me they were supposed to sell them but they didn't get a shipment!!! They will still sell it for 39.99 today!! I'm heading over there after work~!

4. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Which one did you go to? I heard it won't be available until Thursday.

5. bladeage

I went to the one on 45 and west road.

6. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Let us know if it's available after you get off. The one on 59 still doesn't have them in. The ad said it would be available Thursday by 6PM for $39.

IGN gave it a 7.7, but for $39, that 7.7 suddenly becomes a solid 9 for me.

7. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Are those Fryes special nationwide? If so I may have to make a trip up to one up here in Dallas

8. TracyMcCrazyeye

i called that same Fry's and they told me that they would be getting shipments on Thursday, maybe Friday.

9. bladeage

Crap! Well I got a couple friends that work there, so I will give em call after work. Maybe they can hide one for me behind a crappy movie.

10. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Am I the only one who actually has the game? Given I didnt get it for $39, I dont think Im all that special.

The games story is actually quite confusing and all over the place thus far. The control is quirky at first, but easily grasped. Anxious to hear others opinions on the title.

11. KePoW

I just picked it up earlier today from Gamestop, and have been playing for the past 45 minutes or so

the graphics are great...I love the big open cities and landscapes, and with all the people walking around it really feels like a breathing city that's alive back from that time. controls are fine, they are a bit simplified down from old-school hardcore games in the past. combat is fine too, it's pretty easy so far...it's good for an adventure type game like this, but of course it's nothing like action games such as Devil May Cry, Ninja Gaiden, or God of War

I've only completed the tutorial and the first 'mission', so I obviously can't make an overall judgment yet, other than that it's a lot of fun so far. personally, I really like the 'twist' and other dimension to the game's storyline, but I can see how not everyone would like that element

12. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I'd like to get it now but I can wait a day or two to save $20 at Fry's. But as soon as I know Fry's has it, I'm there. None of this "wait 'til I get off work" BS. :p

13. DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR Member

the graphics were the only good thing... gameplay and story sucked big time.

14. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

picked it up earlier. really liking the game so far. controls are easy to get used to, graphics are amazing, combat is pretty easy, but havent done to much of it so far.

15. bladeage

which games do you like?

16. KePoW

when and where did you play it? you already beat the full retail store version?

17. KePoW

any of you know Penny Arcade? the guy on there has a very interesting post/review of the game...check it out on the main page, the second article down as of now

http://www.penny-arcade.com/

I'll post the text here for people:

18. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I've heard the game play is VERY slow.

19. A00man

A00man Member

That is a very interesting article from PA. It could be a reason for some low scores, but regardless, this game has gotten a lot more high scores than low ones. Like I said earlier; it seems like if you take the whole experieince of the game, you will like it a lot. If you look at technicalities, you will not enjoy it.

Anyways, I'll be getting it tomorrow from Fry's. :)

20. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

KePow, thats a very nice review of the game...very interesting read.

That makes me feel better about the game. There are still other games that are ruining my life, so I need to get those out of my system before I pick this one up.