1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Xbox360/PS3] Assassins Creed

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by sccdct34, Nov 12, 2007.

Tags:
  1. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

So is it sold out/reserved at a lot of locations or what cause I feel like getting it today.

2. KePoW

KePoW Contributing Member

3. KePoW

I just called my Gamestop (Royal Oaks one) and they said they aren't releasing it until tomorrow

4. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

Another thread I found on AC. I know your set on purchasing AC Kepow, maybe you can give us (CF.net) a better hands on review.

5. KePoW

will do, not getting it until tomorrow though

6. A00man

A00man Member

Gamespot Review

And now the harshest of all sites, Gamespot reviews it. And guess what. It got a freaking 9.0!

The game seems like a "love it" or umm a "like it" from all the sites. Seems like a lot of reviewers are welcoming the innovativeness this game brings by being able to climb anywhere, and forgiving other small flaws because of this. While other reviewers are concentrating more on the small flaws and not looking at the whole picture.

I know that I love these kind of games, and I'm definitely picking this game up. Considering how rarely Gamespot even hands out 9.0's, I can't pass this up even though IGN gave it a 7.7.

7. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Well, this is disheartening. Perhaps she is wrong...

Thats OK though, because I think Mass Effect is going to be a GOTY candidate. Bioware is usually good at putting out a solid game.

8. KePoW

now that's strange, I certainly wasn't expecting that after the IGN and Eurogamer reviews

9. A00man

A00man Member

So the way things stand, the big sites look pretty much like:

Gamespot - 9.0
    Game Informer - 9.5
    Gametrailers - 9.1

against

1up - 7.0
    IGN - 7.7

It seems like the good reviews are looking at the game as a whole and the experieince you get from it, while the mediocore reviews are looking more at the technical flaws in the game.

I'd recommend the Gametrailers review as it seems to give a good view on both the positives and negatives of the game. Gametrailers Video Review

10. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Interesting disparity. Maybe I'll wait till I'm through with Galaxy (just got it) and Orange Box before I try it out.

11. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

I think you guys put too much emphasis on the review scores. I just checked out the video reviews for the game by GT and IGN, and I skimmed over the reviews at GS and Eurogamer. Maybe I should have paid more attention, but it seemed like they said basically the same thing (especially the video reviews, outside of hyperbole anyway).

If you're taking about the IGN reviewer, Hilary is a guy.

edit: Forgot to mention that I'm not trying to say AC is good or bad. I haven't really been hyped about the game, nor have I really disliked it because of the hype. But I don't think the reviews have really done anything to change my mind about the game, although maybe they did reinforce some feelings I had. I was worried that Ubisoft may have made a mistake by pushing the game out too soon, and given some of the glitches and small gameplay issues, it definitely seems as though that was the case. Still, the game certainly sets a standard in some aspects, which most other "next-gen" games haven't come close to matching IMO.

#51 RC Cola, Nov 13, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2007
  12. KePoW

that's true

it's like what RC said...all the reviews are basically saying and pointing out the same things about the game. it's just up to one's own personal subjectiveness as to whether the specific cons of the game will cause you to dislike the entire experience

13. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

I wish they had put out a downloadable demo of the game.

14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

If you play Assassin's Creed for an hour, you will probably think it's a fantastic game. But as Assassin's progresses, its dual storylines and repetitive quests begin to grow tiresome. There are so many great individual elements, but they are lost among the myriad of poor decisions from Ubisoft Montreal. Wasting the big twist on the first five minutes of gameplay is a tremendous mistake, but not nearly as damaging as the ill-conceived assassination investigation quests, which get old fast. The exploration aspects of Assassin's Creed and the combat are both plusses in my book. But those two elements are only a small part of the whole. And most everything else in Assassin's Creed is mediocre.
    _____

This paragraph from the IGN review says it all.

15. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Going to play it when the Rockets game is over. Will give some feedback later.

16. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Played for about an hour. The controls are a little tricky at first, but overall I like it.

17. KePoW

do you have a HDTV? how are the graphics/presentation?

18. redefined

redefined Contributing Member

Is this an rpg game?

Sorry, too lazy to read the reviews and look at the game footage.

I hate rpg's

19. KePoW

nah not an RPG at all...it's like an action/adventure/stealth game

20. redefined

redefined Contributing Member

Thanks. All this hype I guess I'll give it a shot. Does it look better on PS3 or 360?