1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Xbox One Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ItsMyFault, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Briefing Summary:
    • Named Xbox One X
    • Smallest Xbox Ever
    • Liquid vapor cooled
    • Original Xbox backward compatibility
    • 35+ current games upgrading to 4k for free
    • All Xbox One games work across all devices
    • All Xbox One accessories work across all devices
    • $499
    • Available November 7th
    • 25 Xbox One Console exclusives coming
    • 4K streaming and game recording
    • 4K Blu-ray

#1941 Svpernaut, Jun 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
    Rashmon likes this.
  2. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I already have a high-end PC so won't be using it much for gaming outside of exclusives, but I'm really thinking about getting a Xbox One S as a home entertainment device. Good idea?

tinman likes this.
  3. Svpernaut

Xbox One is a fantastic home entertainment device. I love it. I have an AppleTV I got for free from SlingTV, and it can't even compare - not even close. I have my Xbox One Day One console in my living room for media consumption, and my Xbox One S in my office/game room.

I love the Kinect voice commands for my living room. If you can get a Kinect cheap, it is well worth it.

Also, "Xbox Anywhere" games can be played on Xbox or Windows 10. Buy it once, play it anywhere.

RedRedemption likes this.
  4. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Whoa there. That's pretty sweet.

Details? Will this be support for ALL original Xbox games, or only a partial list, 360-style?

Also, not totally clear to me whether this feature is XB1X-exclusive, or whether it's coming to all XB1's. I'm assuming the latter, but at least one article implies the former.

5. Svpernaut

No details about it yet, but backward compatibility for the original Xbox is much, much easier than the Xbox 360 as the original Xbox was x86 - like the Xbox One. Basically, the emulation will be much easier to write.

Crimson Skies was a confirmed title.

And this is for ALL Xbox Ones. Every Xbox One, will always be able to play the same games. The ones on the Xbox One X may just run better and be better looking. Also, with Xbox Pass, they are going to want to have as many backward compatibility games on there as they can.

#1945 Svpernaut, Jun 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
  6. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

Where'd you get this number? During the press conference they kept saying that 22 of the games they were showing were exclusive. But the vast majority of those were "Launch Exclusive" meaning that they will almost certainly be coming to other platforms after a certain period of time.

7. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Thanks for summary. I haven't watched the video yest but to clarify your summary, are you saying that Scorpio will be Xbox One X?

Edit: nvm, just looked it up.

8. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

Bethesda Conference was trash

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

4K always. That is Cinema/Theatre Quality.

10. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I'm a pc gamer but have an Xbox S, it's great for media, + 4k streaming and 4k blu. And even gaming w/ friends who don't have gaming pc's. I still primarily use my pc, but as far as a media system w/ gaming (and the $50 price cut this week) it can't be beat. I was an early adopter of ps4 but since getting the S, the ps4 has been collecting dust. I do like bloodborne but didn't really feel like I was missing anything else since the Xbox does a better job with media (which the ps4 became).

Tl;Dr I recommend it for pc gamers, especially if you need a 4k media device w/ blu

RedRedemption likes this.
  11. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

12. Svpernaut

At one point, I had 3 Xbox Ones in my 950 square foot condo for media consumption (living room, bedroom and office) because they are so good at media consumption. I ended up giving one to my nephew, but I'll be back up to three once the One X arrives. I am a huge fan of Kinect voice commands - but otherwise the Kinect is pretty useless. I only have a Kinect on my Day One Xbox One in my living room.

CCity Zero likes this.
  13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I got a xbox one, the original. I mainly use it for media, netflix, slingtv, blu ray.
    I like the free games you can download on xbox live monthly.

CCity Zero likes this.
  14. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Exactly man, the Xbox One is great! Sony really did a poor job on media consumption, at least in my experience between the machines. I also like the titles you just have to buy once and can play on pc or console.

15. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah, I need to reactivate my Gold account, but that's been great too.

16. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I will really be happy when xbox one becomes compatible with FilmStruck/Criterion Channel. They say they are working on it, and it is next on their to-do list, but I really don't want to wait any longer.

17. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

The $500 pill is a lot easier to swallow than the expected 600-700 dollar one that I was expecting at launch. That probably sealed the deal for me on day one.

Svpernaut likes this.
  18. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

19. Svpernaut

They are definitely selling the Xbox One X below cost. The price breakdown of components alone ranges from about $425 to $450, and that doesn't take into consideration manufacturing, shipping, retailer profit sharing and research costs.

20. PhiSlammaJamma

Nobody seems to know what happened to the xbox180. But likely buried in a Nevada desert.