1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Xbox One Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ItsMyFault, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

I picked up an Elite controller over the weekend at CostCo for $120. Given the potential quality control issues that I may or may not experience, glad to be dealing with CostCo if that issue arises.

2. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Since I'm not arguing with anyone, I'll give my unbiased opinion. My Elite Controller has been great for me, I try not to throw it around or anything. However, my buddy who is more careful than I am with his stuff has had his elite controller left analog stick break (dead zone issues). The quality isn't worth the money, but it's the best controller out on the retail market. If you're hardcore gamer, it might be worth a buy, if you're casual gamer, no need imo.

Drexlerfan22 likes this.
  3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Jesus christ what a ripoff. Microsoft has some bad customer service when their crappy products break. Costco won't save you

4. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

Sorry dude, I didn't mean to anger you. Haha it's just videogames, simply entertainment. I'm not sure if this will help console you (see what I did there), but I also have a PS4.

5. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I love how upset people get about choices others make with their own money.

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  6. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Good assessment. I definitely think it's the best controller around, but it's definitely for the hardcore gaming audience like me. For most people I don't know that it's worth throwing down that much on a controller... but hey, their money, their decision.

Speaking of spending stupid money on games, I keep wondering to myself if I want to jump in on one of the VR solutions. Anybody in here have any of them? Are there any must-play games?

7. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Only "must-play" game I've seen for VR is Accounting (made by the people who make Rick and Morty), but it's only for HTC Vive. The game itself is free on Steam. I'm not going to waste money on any of these VR solutions until the price comes down a lot. $5-800 + a PC that's cable of running this stuff? Even then you probably still need a controller or two for the full effect? No thanks.

8. bigben69

bigben69 Member

I have PSVR. I had a bunch of Best Buy gift cards that I used for it. I doubt I would have bought it otherwise but I am happy I did. It is hard to say if anything is must-play now days since there are so many options out there and tastes. In my opinion, Batman VR is unlike any video game experience I have ever had. It is pretty awesome but it must be played with the motion controllers. It is kind of short but there is more to do after you beat it. RIGS is a really good multiplayer game. London Heist would be must play if it was a full fledged game instead of part of VR Worlds. The freeway shooting level is the first thing I tell people to play though and the shooting range never gets old. I am surprised how accurate the motion controllers are when using them as guns in games. A lot of short free games and demos are out there which is good so you don't have to buy anything you don't like. My friend has the Vive and said he was impressed by PSVR and how well it turned out. I have had it for about a month and still have yet to try everything. One unexpected perk is being able to see friends and family try VR for the first time. My mom literally fell over during the shark encounter and seeing my wasted friend attempting to stab zombies in Brookhaven was pretty great too. I dunno if this helps at all but hopefully it does.

9. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Add me as a lover of my Elite Controller. It is worth it for the customizable sticks alone. I make my left stick long, and my right stick shorter - and it greatly improved my accuracy in FPS games (especially when zoomed in).

The paddles take some getting used to, but the ability to customize the length and direction of the paddles helps ease this transition a bit. It took me a few months of solid play before I stopped going back to using the buttons on a regular basis. With that said, the paddles are absolutely game changing in some games - for me the biggest being The Division.

CCity Zero likes this.
  10. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

You use the long stick on the left stick? Do you have your sticks inverted? Everyone I know does the opposite (big right stick, small left).
    Intrigued.

11. VanityHalfBlack

[​IMG]

seclusion likes this.
  12. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Haha, I have no clue how that relates to what I posted, but I'm still amused.

13. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Thanks for the info! I am definitely interested in it. Waiting on Xbox s to get delivered now (should be tomorrow) but as seclusion mentioned I could just use it on PC too. I really like controller on pc for 3rd person and for vehicles etc in Bf, and even controller if playing on the couch vs at desk so I'll look into it soon.

14. BleedsRocketRed

Good job on the purchase at Costco, their return policy is top notch. You will love the controller as I loved mine. Hopefully yours isnt one of the bad ones! :)

15. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Got my Xbox S today... Waiting on my 4k TV before setting up, hopefully it's here by Friday. I'm going to mainly use for 4k content/blu ray, but am definitely interested in HDR games. I might have to hookup pc too.

16. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Let me know how you like the HDR. I was planning on getting a 4K TV to match the Scorpio next fall.

17. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Will do, it'll probably be a week but will definitely let you know. Thanks again on controller info, going to check that out next.

18. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

I have a $50 Best Buy rebate on a "streaming device" from when I signed up for SlingTV and I am waiting for one of the Battlefield combos to go $250 or below somewhere so I can have it price matched, and then slap that $50 on it and get One S for $199 + tax. Amazon has it for $263.99 right now, but I'm waiting for that extra $13... lol.

Honestly, I'm putting off the Xbox One S for the best deal - as I know a 4K HDR capable TV will shortly follow.

19. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

20. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Any updates on Project Scorpio? This will be the breaking point for me to buy a 4k TV.