1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Xbox One Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ItsMyFault, Jun 11, 2013.

1. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I can't use my regular controller anymore now that I have an elite. The paddles are such a huge advantage, and the sticks are much better.

2. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

What do you find yourself using the paddles for, most often? Just curious. I actually haven't used them yet. I just love the overall feel of the controller, most of all the sticks... and the trigger-lock. I'm sure the paddles are useful, but I just haven't run into a situation that makes me think I should use them. You probably have some great suggestions though so I can get more out of my "investment." :D

3. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I usually have it set to mirror the facebuttons so I don't have to take my thumb off the right stick in shooters. If you're not using the paddles, you're not really using the whole point of the controller imo.

Example: Titanfall 2; right paddles are crouch slide/special ability. Left paddles are switch weapons/reload. Jump is left bumper for reference.

4. BleedsRocketRed

Beware of the left bumper failure rate on those controllers. They are NOTORIOUSLY known for failing at a high rate. The regular warranty period on those controllers is only 90 days. After that MS says you're on your own.

A google search will yield you a lot more information regarding the issue.

5. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Na....a few people had it happen. You can go to a MS store in person and they will replace the Elite Controllers. All you have to say u had it for a couple of months.

6. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Stop trying to scare people. I've had this controller for over a year with no issues. Friend bought his at the same time, also no problems. I even use left bumper as jump in Halo, Destiny, and Titanfall.

Wish I could dislike your post, it's so bad.

#1866 seclusion, Nov 28, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
  7. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Lol, I was wondering on this comment too... I can palm the ball off of a dribble... Don't get me wrong my hands have cramped on PS4, but I kinda like layout and dpad (at least vs bad 360 dpad).

I think if I do dump ps4, I'll keep controller for pc, at least until I try xb1 remote.

Lol, side note, I loved original huge Xbox controllers, those were the best for big hands but I think rest of population didn't like them. :(

8. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

What do you like better on elite controller vs norm xb1 remote? I've seen reviews and know it's good, just wondering what you thought? I'm pc player but am getting Xbox s for 4k blu, and will probably play occasionally

9. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I played most of my competition stuff on PC though I did go to some big events for consoles. The biggest thing I missed going to consoles was not being able to map everything I needed. On PC you generally have a billion keys you can map. With the paddles that problem is more or less gone.

The general build quality of the controller is a lot nicer, one thing people don't talk about is the grip on the controller is quite nice. Most importantly the sticks have a range of motion that the regular controllers do not. Being able to change what sticks you use depending on the game you play, and your preference is lovely also.

I'll just put it this way; if you take your games seriously, and can take the $150 hit -- you won't be disappointed in the controller. If you use the paddles, it will give you an unfair advantage, and I mean that in the best way possible.

Example: Being able to triple jump, evade incoming shots, use additional special abilities, fire back, and reload without taking your fingers off the sticks is a gamechanger.

CCity Zero likes this.
  10. BleedsRocketRed

Cool, I have had 2 break on me in 6 months.

My post was 100% sound brought attention to major QC issues MS overlooked on a overpriced $150 controller that clearly has issues and is proven/shown/described all over. People have the right to be informed when making such a purchase. Hell look at Amazon itself hundreds of vaerified reviews talking about the same issue. Google it, its all over the place. Dont get butthurt over what I said because your precious controller hasn't broke... Yet. Its like RROD. Its only a matter of time.

So go **** yourself guy.

#1870 BleedsRocketRed, Nov 28, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
  11. BleedsRocketRed

I tried that and they asked for a receipt or a proof of purchase. I couldn't do that and they turned me away saying if its older than 90 days then I am out of warranty. Without being able to show them proof they cannot warranty the item.

Granted I only tried this once so maybe it was just the wrong person to talk to. After my 2nd one failed (bumper and left stick started walking on its own) I just said F it and went back to the regular XB1 controller.

12. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

You're emo as hell. They probably broke from you having little temper tantrums and throwing them across the room. See: your posts. Ignored.

13. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Cool. Will definitely keep it in mind and try to remind myself to get them set up. Will take some getting used to I'm sure, since I've been operating on the 10-button controller paradigm for... err... 20 years, I think? But I'm sure once I get over that hump that it'll just feel natural. Makes me wonder if paddles or similar will ever become more-or-less standard on controllers, allowing for more discrete functions instead of just mirrored buttons.

14. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Thanks for the info! I'll definitely look into it. Just ordered Xbox S (primarily for 4k bluray and I do like the buy once option for first party games to be on Xbox and pc). I mean obviously I'm pretty much pc player w/ kb+m but do like the controller on some games or when playing on couch using steam link. I really think ps4 pro messed up w/ no 4k bd drive.

15. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Just bought the One S BF 1 1TB at Target for $254. They're having a 15% off almost everything cyber Monday sale and it works in store too. You can't do store pickup, it's first come first serve.

16. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Start with only 2 paddles. I did all 4, you WILL accidentally hit the wrong ones until your muscle memory gets used to it. Once you get used to it, you won't have to think about it anymore.

17. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Sony completely squandered the huge advantage they had over MS. Xbox has been outselling it month over month for almost the past 6. By the way, if you do pick up an elite controller you can use it on your PC. I do it periodically.

18. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

controller over a keyboard and mouse? you crazy.

19. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

For RPGs and junk? Nah, I just like playing with something comfortable.

Mouse and keyboard is for accuracy, there's nothing comfortable about it. M/kb is for shooters obviously. As I mentioned above, I competed on PC.

So yeah, nothing crazy about it. The key word here is "peridiocally".

20. BleedsRocketRed

Lol I call this guy out and bring the issues surrounding his precious controller to light for those interested in doing research and he thinks my posts are tantrums... while having his own. Then ignores me.

Hilarious.

The facts dont lie.

https://smile.amazon.com/Xbox-One-E...e=all_reviews&showViewpoints=1&sortBy=helpful

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=xbox+one+elite+controller+broke (read comments on videos too)

https://www.google.com/search?clien...+site:xbox.uservoice.com&newwindow=1&safe=off

https://www.google.com/search?clien...1&safe=off&q=xbox+one+elite+controller+reddit

and so on.

Look, I loved mine when they worked, but from average daily to 3-5 times per week use both of mine have failed. Personally, I would wait until some of the QC issues are worked out. Otherwise I would HIGHLY recommend purchasing an extended warranty with the controller as well.

Be careful and be informed :)

#1880 BleedsRocketRed, Nov 29, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2016