1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Xbox One Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ItsMyFault, Jun 11, 2013.

1. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Seems a lot of people in here complaining and arguing for the sake of arguing and complaining. Anyway, Xbox gives the better online experience in my opinion.

donkeypunch likes this.
  2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

RickJames1800

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I played that game at an Xbox event. It was great, I definitely will buy.

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Good to hear, I enjoyed part 1 even though it was a bit lacking in content

5. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I played the Alpha and it was awful. They completely ruined the things that were amazing about the first game. I'll reserve judgement, but I was greatly looking forward to it. Unfortunately, I and many others were extremely disappointed with the initial showing. They may have improved it, but EA also seems to be preventing any opportunities to try it out again prior to release. If I don't get to play a demo, I won't be buying it I'm afraid.

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I played the demo in San Diego last week, they only let you play one match, but everything looked good, ran smoothly.
    Graphics were much better.

7. PhiSlammaJamma

I added all of the Houston Rocket logos as Vinyls so that everyone can pop them onto your hood. The most popular download is the alternate black and white 1971 logo. Cougars logo added too. Will build out cars later. I suck at the game, but I'm learning fast. Still need to figure out how to do this e-drift thingy.

PhiSlammaJamma0

8. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

The graphics were never my concern. It's about the gameplay.

9. VanityHalfBlack

**** is hard. Does anyone have problem steering? Like Do I brake then steer? Or press the gas and brake and steer at the same time? So confusing and irritating at the same damn time, FUKK!!!

10. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

This is pretty awesome - http://www.theverge.com/2016/11/22/13717566/xbox-one-oculus-rift-game-streaming

Oculus Rift gets Xbox One game streaming on December 12th
    Microsoft originally announced its plans to stream Xbox One games to the Oculus Rift back in June, 2015. While it's taken nearly 18 months to arrive, the software giant is planning to allow Oculus Rift owners to play Xbox One games on December 12th. Rift owners will be able to download a free Xbox One streaming app from the Oculus Store, and any console output will be streamed directly to the Rift headset.

Microsoft is also supporting the Rift natively in Windows 10, and the company continues to ship its wireless controllers with the Rift as part of its partnership. Microsoft is now pressing ahead with its Project Scorpio console plans, and the company is expected to detail its VR-ready Xbox in the new year. Microsoft's partnership with Oculus has so far been limited to this game streaming and Xbox controller support, but with Microsoft increasingly investing in VR it leaves the door open for more direct support with Scorpio and beyond.

LCAhmed likes this.
  11. bigben69

bigben69 Member

Awesome to hear for my Xbox friends. I am loving the PSVR and know VR will only continue to get better. Most of those people that say it is a gimmick probably haven't had a chance to sit down and actually play for more than a few minutes. This is another step forward.

12. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I'm regretting my XB1 purchase. The dashboard on XB1 is better than PS4 by a mile, but I just enjoy playing games more on the PS4 for some reason.

13. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Any particular games/reason?? I'm debating on dumping ps4 for xb1.. Only because of the first party games being on Xbox and pc (from just one copy being needed). I also might use it as a cheap 4k blu ray player... Then again I got a Steam Link recently and am almost debating on going no console. Trying to dump WiiU before it's a paperweight too. No hate though on PS4 here though or xbox 1, just liking pc with this steam link thing... Haha makes it easy to be lazy and get a console experience without needing to play at my desk.

14. HR Dept

I really don't play any first party stuff, in fact, 2k and Madden are the only two games that I buy. That said, I just enjoy playing those games on the PS4 more. Not sure exactly why. Maybe it has something to do with action of the analog sticks. IDK

CCity Zero likes this.
  15. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

You must have Will Fuller/Donald Trump small hands........

16. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I'll be the first person to say that PS4s controller is more comfortable (and much more innovative) than the Xbox's. With that said the sticks on a Xbox controller destroy the PlayStations. It isn't close, either.

Other than that PSN is 100% garbage, their exclusives are mostly stuff I don't want to play, and the graphical advantage will be gone next Christmas. Easy decision to go back to Xbox. Sold my PS4 a long time ago and won't be going back.

PSN alone is enough reason not to use a PlayStation. Outage/identity theft waiting to happen.

17. PhiSlammaJamma

I've been with xbox since the beginning, assuming the conglomerate would rule the landscape by mere virtue of their brainpower and size, but hasn't been the case. Hoping they are finally moving to the forefront with this next console.

18. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Xbox One Elite controller is the best controller...Ever! PS4 fans have been either trying to hack to make it compatible or modding PS4 controllers with Elite components to mimic.

19. HR Dept

I've been palming a basketball since at least the 9th grade. Just barely though, so maybe.

CCity Zero likes this.
  20. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

I do wish Sony would make an equivalent for the PS4. The quality of the Elite controller is just so amazing. I use it for all PC gaming I do that involves a controller. The idea of a $150 controller may seem daft to most people, but I feel like it was a product targeted at, well... me. The plays-way-too-many-games demographic, haha.