1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Xbox One Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ItsMyFault, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Now that you don't have to buy one the games support will drop like a rock.

2. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

Kinect is awesome for game clips

xbox record that is the GOAT command

3. EaterOfCabbage

EaterOfCabbage New Member

Kinect was just a cheap gimmick. No real playability tbh

4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I'll sell my Kinect to someone if they want it. I haven't even had time to play my xbox one.

5. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I love my Kinect. The integration with my daily TV viewing is easily my favorite and most used feature of the One. I would personally find the experience to be far less enjoyable without the Kinect.

6. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

As far as gaming goes I doubt it will ever be a big part of the system, as someone mentioned I expect that now that it's unbundled games that feature it will be even more rare.

However, Kinect is necessary for any recording functions, voice functions or the integrated TV functions (if you decide to run your cable/sat box through it). Voice is hit or miss (though cool when it works), recording is useful if you are into clips/streaming and the TV stuff is pretty cool with how it integrates with the guide, particularly if you pair it with your smartphone/tablet. However it can still be limited by how well the voice functions work for you.

If you plan to use those it's worth picking up. If not, then you'd be fine without it.

7. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

why is there not a wireless earpiece that is bluetooth controlled like there was for the 360?

8. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

So I am playing the LOTR game and really enjoying it. It uses the Batman type of gameplay. The graphics are killer on my 60 inch.

9. VanityHalfBlack

Okay I need to find an answer and I hope someone can help. So I'm down to 40% on my dvr box from direcTV and I need more storage. Now as for the xbox one, will it allow me to record content and save it on the old hard drive there old buddy? If so, that is a game changer to infinite and beyond!!!!!

10. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

You're talking about shows and ****? I don't think so. I don't have mine hooked up to a cable box, so someone else could likely provide better insight than me. I'm fairly certain I would have heard about it though.

11. VanityHalfBlack

Yeah shows/movies, etc.... Yeah I'm thinking probably not but if so, holy **** that would be so amazing!!!

12. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Need some opinions here:

Dragon Age: Inquisition, Far Cry 4, or Forza Horizon 2.

Ready? Go.

13. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Don't do Forza, cus you'll be able to get it for $20-30 on Black Friday. Microsoft always has big sales on first party games.

The game itself is awesome, however. I'll be picking it up then myself.

Far Cry...eh...your call. I played a few hours of Far Cry 3 and got bored with the repetition. Beautiful game though.

Of the 3 I guess I'd go with Dragon Age.

You've already played GTA5 I take it? MCC? Sunset Overdrive?

14. rezdawg

Yeah, Forza will be $29.99 on Black Friday...great deal.

Ive played GTA5 and MCC...havent played Sunset Overdrive, so that could be an option too.

I was worried about the repetitiveness of FC4...and I was worried about the length and commitment Id need for DA:I.

It's around this time of year that I always feel overwhelmed with games. I just dont have enough time for every game that I'd want to play.

15. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Me neither dude. I've played 1 hour of Sunset (which was awesome by the way), about 2 hours of MCC (minus multiplayer...gee I wonder why), and barely any Destiny this week.

Planning on picking up GTA5 tomorrow, then getting Shadows of Mordor, NBA 2K15, and maybe Forza Horizon on Black Friday. Also thinking about picking up DA:I for the Mrs.

Did I mention I still need to finish the Last of Us (Among others). I also need a copy of Rocksmith for my Xbox or PS4... (tired of not being able to play on my PC when she's sleeping haha)

16. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

farcry3 looked good but the multiplayer was WEAK in my opinion and the campaign boring.

17. rezdawg

Shadow of Mordor and Sunset Overdrive will be $39.99 for Black Friday. Dammit, happens every year...I end up buying a few, but never get the chance to give all of them a fair shake.

18. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

2K is $40 also, that's why I'm waiting~ Shadows is $30 if you go to the right place. I think it's $30 at Gamestop.

19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

What's with all the hate for far cry 3? I loved that game.

20. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Boring story. Formulaic gameplay. (If you've played...I dunno...damn near any open world Ubisoft game it's the same thing -- locate base...unlock more of map...rinse...repeat)

It had some cool aspects to it, but it just got old for me. I didn't say I hated it, I just won't be buying / renting FC4.