1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Xbox One]Madden 15

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by zlicciardo, Aug 18, 2014.

Tags:
  1. zlicciardo

zlicciardo Member

Anyone else getting hyped for it? I just preordered at BestBuy and got the Ultimate Edition, you get like 30 packs and a rookie pack for Ultimate Team. Never played that before but a few friends were saying that they only but the game for that mode. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone would want to play when it does come out? I usually only play the connected careers mode so I'm looking to get more out of the game.

2. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

[Playstation 4] The Order: 1886

3. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I always get hyped for Madden but last year I didn't even play it that much.

The thing that blows my mind about a game like that is some of the glaring flaws in gameplay that make it past test. IE (last year) difficulty of tackling and then the pass protection on the outside of the pocket. I guess you can alter it a bit with the sliders.

I heard they addressed both of these things from a kid at work so it could be good but I have not researched it much.

4. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

This is sort of Madden related, but is there any reason to buy EA games anymore with the EA Access services on Xbox One? Just started my subscription last week and waiting for the "early access" for Madden 15 in a few days

5. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

Madden was classic in years 04 and 05 on ps2....ever since then the gameplay has been weak.

6. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

What a coincidence ... those were the last years of having competition for EA.

7. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Yeah, 05 was awesome.

8. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I barely even played my last copy I bought. But the included Sunday Ticket was great.

If they did that deal again, I'd buy it.

9. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I buy the game every other year and this is my year to actually buy it.

What exactly is the difference between the regular and ultimate edition? As a casual player (who doesn't play online), is it worth buying the "ultimate" edition?

OT: No NCAA this year? I was actually looking forward to buying that this year as well.

10. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Vaporware....lol. When they actually set a date........talk to me. BTW...this is a Madden thread.

Everyone is pissed about the 6 hour trial EA pulled with EA Access. Especially when the 360/PS3 have Season Ticket still....and 3 days of Early Access. That trial starts Thursday. I wouldn't be surprised if EA extends it....because of the bait and switch they pulled with EA Access.

11. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/dLuPa-qQ2MY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

NCAA is dead isn't it? Because they don't pay the student athletes....NCAA football....RIP.

Side note....funny commercial, but man that zoom in that video....and fake 7min long by repeating the video....I can't stand videos like that on youtube.

#12 Uprising, Aug 19, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2014
  13. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Better version

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/IeeZ5Zynn54" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

14. theogcasey

theogcasey Contributing Member

I remember buying NFL 2K5 for only $20 on my original Xbox. That was an excellent product, at any price. NFL games have suffered ever since and I probably won't buy one for quote some time.

15. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Madden 15 for the Next Gen consoles looks like an huge improvement. You will be missing out....

16. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

How is it gonna be for 360? I haven't played in a few years, but want to buy it. Heard tbsucked last year for 360.

Also, will I get NFL ticket if I buy it?

17. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

Unfortunately it seems no one knows. I've tried looking up info for the last gen versions (PS3, 360) and you can't find anything other than for the new systems. Only thing I see are people assuming all the new features will be in the old systems as well. SIGH!

I thought it played relatively well last year. Not great, but it improved from the year or two previous. Just some hiccups with online franchise that annoyed me.