1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Xbox One] Destiny

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Nippystix, Sep 3, 2014.

1. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I use hand cannons almost exclusively in PVP, I get a lot of kills as well -- you have to be precise though.

Unfortunately no, my ******* friend who I bought the game to play with decided he wasn't going to get a Xbox. Pretty standard.
    With that said both of my alternate characters are on there. When I start playing my Warlock it'll be on my Xbox.

#81 seclusion, Sep 16, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2014
  2. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I'm one of the a$$holes who use fusion rifles exclusively in PvP. I would use a hand cannon, but I just can't react as fast as some of these dudes

3. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

As I mentioned earlier, I am at level 18, but I am looking to level up to 26 during this week, so I can hopefully tackle the Vault of Glass this weekend (shooting for Saturday night). Anybody trying to do something similar? We have to have a team of 6, and I am trying (and failing) to coordinate things in order to use the power of Clutchfans.

4. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

im down....im currently level 22 warlock. Dont have that much time to play but ill be free saturday night for sure.

5. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

Sounds good. So far both Pull_Up_3 and I are in. His GT is EYEVANN and my GT is GuerrillaStench. Also, I would like to once again mention the group I created at Bungie.net, simply named Clutchfans. With the Destiny app, I think communicating and organizing times to all get online would be real convenient. I found sending another CFer a message through the app was 100x faster for me than typing a message through the xbox one. Just an idea, I am trying over here, haha!

6. Salvy

Salvy Member

So is it good? The reviews on it are awful...... Kind of weird since a lot of you guys seem to be enjoying it but a lot of critics are saying this is the worst Bungie game ever..... Which I understand since its not Halo but still.... Kind of confused, from the posts here it seems like an awesome game to play....

7. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

games is ok...the multiplayer is chit. Havent done raids so i cant comment on that but the strike missions are fun if you do it with friends ALTHOUGH after a few times they get boring as *** too since its very repetitive. The raids i cant comment on yet

8. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I disagree with you about multiplayer. I think it's very good.

9. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

yea no its terrbile.

1.0 communication...not like it matters anyways (run around with your gun and hope you see the other player first)...no strategy is involved.

2. Your special builds up over time even if you are getting wrecked (just lol) not to mention they are all OP especially the sword dancer or whatever that chit is.

3. People keep saying that the guns are nerfed in MP and that they all do equal damage regardless of level...yea thats bs i was doing horrible till i got better guns, then the kills came A LOT easier.

4. Gametypes. Its either control, deathmatch or skirmish. BORING

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Alright here's my gamertag

Reekohtown82

1 person likes this.
  11. vator

vator Contributing Member

I think the multiplayer is not as good as other shooters out there. It isn't bad, but I don't think it's anything to get excited about. I buy games for multiplayer mostly so that is a big reason why I'm just not as into this game as I would like to be. The multiplayer just isn't good enough to sell this game, but fortunately it does other things.

The other aspects of the game are ok I guess, if you're into that kind of stuff. I'm just not I guess. Looking for loot, boss battles, mindless bots everywhere that are little more than target practice, hours and hours of repetitive missions, how much time you need to invest in order to upgrade your gear, etc. It is a grind it out game that requires lots of hours to get the best experience. Grind for loot, grind for weapons, grind for armor, etc. In combat, I find myself mashing buttons, ducking for cover over and over again, and still finding lots of success. Doesn't feel like much skill is needed to me.

I think giving it a 6/10 is too low, but I'm right around 7.5 with it. Good game, not great. Waiting to see where it goes.

As I stated in another thread, my brother in law loves the game and spent at least 12 straight hours on it Sunday. He'd probably give it a 9. Ultimately, don't listen to what other people say, try it out for yourself. There seems to be a divide in the gaming community on this one.

12. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

So I was able to level up to 20 last night. As I am trying to get to 26, what is the most efficient way to level up? Strikes? Multiplayer? Heck, I guess at this point I should ask how to continue to level up at all. The few screens that came up after reaching level 20 said something about having to equip specific weapon or armor in order to continue to level up? It was late last night, and I totally did not understand what the message was trying to convey.

13. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

u need "light" armor...so just look for it and equip it or you wont move up levelz

1 person likes this.
  14. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Now that you're level 20, you'll start randomly finding armor that has a +light stat attached to it. Combining enough of said armor is how you level going forward. You can get this armor anywhere -- multiplayer, strikes, campaign, etc. Personally I feel like multiplayer is the quickest way, but I also generally am in the top % when I play so other ways may be faster for other people. High level strikes definitely don't hurt, you should have unlocked the strike playlist as well. There are also loot runs if you are the type to do that. (See link below)

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...est_imo_destiny_lootfarming_guide_weve_woken/

15. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

Thanks Pull Up and seclusion (must spread rep), I appreciate it. Now that I have a little background on it, hopefully it'll make sense if I can get online tonight.

Switching course to the Bungie group I set up yesterday "Clutchfans" it looks like it is a colossal failure, as a whopping 1 other clutchfan has joined thus far. Oh well, I guess you win some ,and you lose some.

16. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Is this game worth getting if you won't be playing much multi-player?

17. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

1. Meh...it's for fun. This isn't counter-strike.
    2. So? Same thing happens in Titanfall.
    3. Damage is normalized when you're not in the Iron Banner, but you still get stat bonuses, and effects and all of that junk from your armor / level / weapons, so yes -- there is an advantage to being higher level. Hasn't stopped me from doing well even when I was nowhere near 20.
    4. Your opinion. I prefer playing TDM most of the time anyway.

Of course it is, but technically it's always multiplayer. (you can go into instances alone, and so on but in open areas you'll still run into other people)
    With that said it depends on what you're expecting. If you're expecting Halo's campaign, probably not. If you're expecting Borderlands/Diablo-ish (ignore the story, kill stuff for lootz) then you'll probably enjoy it a lot and in that case it would be worth the scratch.

18. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

Seclusion, how would you rate this game compared to Titanfall? Just curious if you felt TF ratings are justified compared to this game.

19. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

TF was absolutely an empty shell of a game when it came out. Anyone trying to compare the amount of gameplay, modes of play, and so on and so forth in Destiny to Titanfall is r****ded if you ask me. I like Titanfall, but short of a few maps there was nothing there. You could regenerate (prestige), but frankly other than to just do it there was no incentive to do so. There are definitely incentives to keep playing Destiny.

While neither are perfect, I definitely see why Titanfall got lower scores. The campaign to me was one of the worst I've ever seen. They really should have not even included that; they could have used that time to polish the rest of the game.

In short, I think it was justified with TF. With Destiny I absolutely see why some people don't like it, with that said...I'm not going to get into the review scores since I've already done that. I think they're very different games and Destiny has a lot more to offer.

20. Salvy

Salvy Member

Thanks Pull up 3 and vator.......I'll pass... I'm gonna use those funds towards Master Chief Collection.... I knew this game was just hype from the get go..... Too much hype for what it really is..... Kind of funny how seclusion was building it up soo much.... Just because Bungie.... But he seems to be enjoying it so good for him lol...