1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Xbox One] Destiny

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Nippystix, Sep 3, 2014.

1. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Have you played Fallout 3 or Fallout New Vegas? They most definitely fit the bill and are exponentially more amazing with mods on a PC.

2. CourtOfDreams

CourtOfDreams Member

GT Pure Fkn Metal

3. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

the strike playlist is fun....i played with 2 randoms. Seems it be 10000x better if you could actually communicate with them!

4. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Invite them to your fireteam, and voilĂ  instant communication.

5. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

yea but its still stupid to not be able to talk from the start.

6. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

well destinys campaign is a bit different than other single players of th epast.. even on solo missions you run into other players.., it isnt until you reach boss portions of level that you truly go single player..

7. Christopher

Christopher Member

Finished the story a few days ago.

Some of the most fun I've had was running into someone that was level 4, making them the fire team leader and then helping them through the game. Pointing out chests to them so they could get loot and stuff. Was strangely satisfying.

I'm in Aus so I'm not sure if me being on a different server is an issue, but feel free to add me. My GT is: LeagueFreak

If you want me to throw the mic on just add me as a friend and when I join the game shoot me in the head repeatedly. You know, kinda like if you wanted to talk to me in real life! :grin:

8. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, I enjoyed both games.

I have had a lot of fun with Destiny. I think it is even more fun to run the missions at a higher difficulty. The more aggressive AI is a blast. I'll be playing this game off and on for a very long time.

I really like the relaxed approach to multiplayer co-op. It is fun to just drop in help each other out and then keep running solo. Ran strikes with some guys and had a blast.

9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I'm not one to pick favorites usually, can't tell you my favorite food, song or movie... but I can say with absolutely no doubt that fallout 3 is my favorite, and the best game I'v ever played.

I played that game for more over a year, which is nuts for me.

Fallout new vegas was disappointing based on the amazing experience I had with fallout 3, but maybe that's because it's impossible to duplicate the experience I had with 3.

I literally bought fallout 3, played it for a 3 days and returned it. I couldn't make it out of the vault, I decided I didn't like, the graphics weren't good, the story was weird and the movement and shooting sucked, So I just traded it in. As time went by multiple friends would brag about how amazing it was so I decided to give it another try, and when I did I fell in love with it.

10. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Hey guys add me, I'm
    ProstiDude8

11. Mac#5

Mac#5 Member

I just played the game this weekend and loved it. The online multiplayer was a lot of fun just a little tough because im still at a low level but that makes it even better. Story mode is also a lot of fun but ive only been playing it solo. If anyone wants to add me and play some co-op my gamer tag is
    KingTekh5

12. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

I got the game on Sunday. If anyone wants to play add me: Korver167

13. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

Level 18 Hunter here. I would like to get some clutchfans together to do a couple of strike missions or two tonight. If you are around the same level as me, hit me up and let's try to plan something. I have only done the strike missions on the first two planets, so I think Earth and the Moon, so I think I am Venus is next. Anybody interested in knocking out a couple of strikes tonight?

14. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

Can you level up your primary assault rifle?

15. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

Many of your weapons and your armor have minor upgrades (it is not like you can level up your assault rifle to level 6 or something). For weapons, it could be something like less recoil, or stronger attack, and for weapons, it could be something like more ammo for a specific type of weapon. And some can have 2 or 3 little upgrades like that. You can check if they have any by clicking Y on it, I think it says Details. Anyone please correct me if I am wrong, but I hope that helps.

1 person likes this.
  16. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

I am not sure if this will help better organize things, but I just created a Clutchfans clan on the Bungie website. It is simply called "Clutchfans," so you should be able to search for it quite easily. The 4 letter xbox ID is "CFNS." Please join!

17. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

The higher level weapons have many more effects that are special. One of the rare items you get from doing the story has an amazing scope for example. Other items have effects like if you are near death you receive ammo and health, reload speed etc. Things like that, unfortunately I can't recall some of the very special effects, but then again I don't have an exotic or legendary weapon either. (yet)

18. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

Thanks for the clarification. Have you been playing any on the one?

19. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

Out of curiosity which gun should I use at level 10?

20. Mac#5

Mac#5 Member

I requested to join the clan..... Now on a different subject has anyone been successful at using a pistol in PvP? I've tried using it because they are powerful but the fire rate is too slow. Anyone with an automatic rifle or a shotgun in close range obliterates me.