1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Xbox One] Destiny

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Nippystix, Sep 3, 2014.

1. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Lmao, I bought three because of hate for not buying it the first time. One for all my alts.

1 person likes this.
  2. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Oh Icebreaker, I missed you baby. Ever since I left PS4 it's like it wasn't the same. You wouldn't call, you wouldn't write, and here you are on my doorstep like nothing happened. You think I'll just forget it all and, take you back?

I...I..........

I can't stay mad at you. Let's never fight again. Promise you'll never leave me again, okay? Promise me...

----

Now, do I buy Obsidian Mind for my level 30 Warlock...or do I buy Achlyophage for my hunter and actually try to get him to 30?
    Really tough, I think I'm going with Obsidian because it's rare to this point. Plus I love novabombs. I like hunter better as a class, but it seems like achlyophage will be a lot easier to get, plus I have like 40 motes of light waiting for the exotic engram.

1 person likes this.
  3. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

Hahaha, I have 1 for each character now, I also have 1 G-Horn for each (granted 2 are 300's and 1 the 330ish), and 1 Vex Mytho for each as well. Now time to go do a bunch of bounties to level those IBs.

Buahhahah can't stay mad at IB, she too good. Obsidian mind hands down, brah!

Now, I just need 5 chards to get my 3rd character to 32.

4. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

I'm on the PS4 tho :eek:
    Just come here because our PS4 thread is dead lol.
    I guess I'll go bump it.

5. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

You're probably right I think I might get Obsidian. My hunter is using a blue though, he'd instantly level (maybe even twice) if I gave him an exotic. Ah well, it'll have to waitttt.

6. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

don't think i have enough strange coin...oh well.

7. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

Did you already do the weekly? On the hardest mode, you get 9 strange coin. I would do everything you possibly can to get the Ice Breaker, it is one of the greatest, if not the greatest PvE gun in the game. My whole Destiny experience changed when I got it.

If you need help with the weekly on hard, let me know. My little ones have been sick this week, so I haven't played Destiny at all, so I will have to do the weekly, nightfall, and the raids at some point over the weekend.

8. FlyerFanatic

Supporting Member

dont think i can do weekly...gotta be level 30 right? if so cant..

9. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

It scales up, I believe the lowest level is 24 which will give you 3 coins. 26? gives you 6, and 30 will give you 9.

What he is saying is true, if you are anywhere near enough coins you need to do everything you can to get this gun while you can.

I would argue it is the best exotic in the game. Many say it's Gjallarhorn, I can certainly see the argument for Gjallarhorn but the truth is it does damage and that's all. You also have to pray for ammo.

Icebreaker is essentially a primary sniper rifle, that leaves your primary slot open. Half the time you kill things with it, it's already recharged enough shots to keep going.

It makes the juggler modifier completely trivial, and it looks / sounds amazing, and it has one of the best scopes in the game. Meanwhile also doing crazy damage.

It's also the only exotic that feels exotic the second you equip it without any of the upgrade perks. Due to it constantly recharging ammo.

Other ways to get coins:

Blue Engrams (ROC Strikes)
    1 Strange coin for doing the Draksis mission for the first time per character
    1 Strange coin for getting the gold Chests on Mars per character
    The daily gold public event package at the Postmaster
    Faction level-up packages

10. FlyerFanatic

Supporting Member

think i'm at 9 strange coins...i've never purchased anything from xur to this point.

11. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

If you get enough people to do the weekly strike on level 26 I believe you'd be only 2 coins away. You can definitely get 2 coins before he despawns on Sunday. I would go for it.

12. FlyerFanatic

Supporting Member

yeah i'm down man...if we can do level 26...thats where i'm at level wise

13. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I need to do the level 26 on my hunter (he's 27) so I'm down to help out tonight. I should be home around 6pm or so.

14. FlyerFanatic

Supporting Member

arent you supposed to get a strange coin for doing a public event...did that and got shard instead

15. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

It's not guaranteed. Did you get the shard from the event itself, or when you got back to the tower?

Usually you get 1 item for completing the event itself (usually a shard or energy), then when you get back to the tower you get a reward for doing an event that day. This is usually either a mote or a strange coin, but it can also be a shard or energy. I got a mote this morning for example.

16. FlyerFanatic

Supporting Member

it was at the tower i got the shard

17. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Yeah, that's unfortunate. Shards are good though, you probably won't run into many points where you don't need those. I'd argue those are rarer than the coins really.

18. FlyerFanatic

Supporting Member

i'm away tonight...can we set up a time tomorrow to do the weekly? i'm on EST time.

19. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

Like Seclusion said, If you haven't done the golden chests in mars.. the fourth one will give 1 strange coin for sure. Here are locations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UH4qtD_ag_k

Also, nightfall can grant you coins or even the IB itself. I think you would have to be at least 27 ( so upgrade your 26 to 27 ASAP) to do it though. You won't be doing any damage but you can find a couple of ppl to take you along for the ride. There's sometimes nice ppl on destinylfg.net, just ask nicely. I would help but I'm on the PS4. You have until 3 AM Sunday CT so it's definitely doable.

If you're really hardcore about it. you can even spawn another character of the SAME class(will give u the draksis coin plus the 4th mars golden chest) and once you get to level 20 just swap armor with your main guy and you should be the same level. You can know run weekly heroic and nightfall again. :eek::eek:

20. FlyerFanatic

Supporting Member

heres another question

if i do level 24 weekly and get 3 strange coins....can i then do 26 and still get the 6 coins or not?

if so lets just get a group to do both those weeklies and we're good. im at 9...get 3 for lvl 24 12 then just doing level 26 strike will get me enough