1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Xbox One] Destiny

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Nippystix, Sep 3, 2014.

1. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

VoG? i'm only level 26...as mentioned above me and josephnicks were working on it yesterday and today got to the last boss dude but haven't completed...if you're talking that crotas end or whatever...then i can't help out lol

2. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I'm guessing we're doing hard mode vog or crota's end. If we have 3 we've all done normal vog quite a bit, we haven't raided in quite awhile so we're itching to try something new. We might clear normal later this week.

3. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

I can join in about 1 1/2 - 2 hours. I'm typically good in the 9 or 9:30 range.

4. cdastros

cdastros Member

I can join now. Gamertag DEAGLE236

5. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

we should still have the check point. (unless the weekly reset clears it, idk) it was about 4 hours yesterday. they did say that it took you 45 minutes to complete the jump, not sure how accurate that is, lol who cares tho. but today we spent another 4 hours and got nowhere.. the thing that sucks is the rewards might only be materials and a shader.. i just want to finish it, i will say this, vog feels completely different from the rest of the game, it is actually fun, kind of hard but fun..

i need to attempt, the weekly heroic on hard before it resets, anyone want to give it a go? need that strange coin.. might run it twice with an alt..

6. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

We're logging on now, sorry about the delay. We have 3.

7. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

Sorry I couldn't join in on the fun last night. What did y'all end up doing? VoG or Crota? Also, in case y'all stopped in the middle and would like to finish it tonight before the reset, I should be able to help out tonight.

8. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Hard mode VoG; it was the first time for a lot of us. We got to the templar fight, got him to around 10% but I had to leave (and I think 1 of the others did). Not bad for first tries in my opinion.

We should be picking up again tonight after 7.

9. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

I am hoping to finish up the Crota raid tonight before the weekly reset, and then I can gladly join in on the hard mode VoG and help out any way that I can.

10. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Just completed Thorn exotic bounty... wow, that was insanely difficult. This gun better be worth it. Had to sleep before I could test it. Anyone know if it is any good? Strengths? Weaknesses? I've heard that last strike for the bounty is harder than VoG.

11. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

What? No, the last step of that quest is insanely easy if you do it correctly.
    With that said it's one of the best PVP guns in the game after you upgrade it. It's completely worth it, total beast mode of a weapon.

Before it got buffed, I would say no. After the buff, no question. If you headshot someone twice, they're going to die even if they kill you. The damage over time effect (one of the last upgrades on the gun), will kill them after about 3 seconds.

It's solid for PVE as well, but truly shines in PVP. Congratulations.

12. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Thanks! Wow, perfect. My play style is based on hand cannon in multi. I did find the final part of the mission on level 25... that's probably why I had trouble. I had a level 31 helping me but even then the shields were giving us hell. Any tips on that? I heard using a pulse rifle helps with shields.

13. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

You were too low level honestly. It's a level 27 quest.
    As for the shields pulse rifles don't have any special effect on those, and they're actually some of the worst weapons in the game (Bad Juju and Red Death withstanding, because they're exotic). In general warlocks have solar based shields, so anything that does solar damage likely would have helped.

If you generally use handcannons in multiplayer, once you have that gun upgraded you might have a mini-orgasm. With that said it doesn't really become effective until you have 2 upgrades (the stability perk, and the damage over time perk), I wouldn't really use it in multiplayer until you have those.

14. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I'm wanting to leave work right now just to try it out... haha

Thanks for the feedback man.

15. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

You're welcome! I don't blame you, I'm in the same boat with The Last Word. I bought it on Friday, but still can't use it in PVP because it's not upgraded yet. Really fun gun to use.

16. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

So, if you are reading this now. GO to the PvP vendors and go buy your Ice Breakers. Don't pass up on this weapon like many others dude before, one of the best snipers you can have in the game.

17. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

Meaning xur has ice breaker today

1 person likes this.
  18. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

I have a crota checkpoint that I need to finish the last part.

19. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

Ditto on the IceBreaker.. go buy it, heck I bought 2 more :)

20. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Add me bro reekohtown82