1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Xbox One] Destiny

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Nippystix, Sep 3, 2014.

1. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I've played it on my PS4, my Xbox GE edition doesn't ship until today...I hate walmart.

2. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

I haven't played it just yet. I picked it up at midnight last night, but made the rookie mistake of not having my Xbox One updated, so that took a while. I plan on getting on tonight hopefully. Again, my gamertag is GuerrillaStench.

As an aside, the midnight launch party at the Microsoft Store was pretty weak, especially compared to prior midnight launches. I mean they still have pizza and drinks, but their raffle prizes were fairly weak (all 12 month xbox live cards, with the grand prize being a nice looking headset). Even the shirts given out were not Destiny-specific, rather a generic Microsoft shirt. It was all "free," so I'm not necessarily complaining, I'm just surprised because I thought they were going to go big with it. I am not sure if this was because Destiny isn't a Microsoft exclusive, but the turnout was very weak too.

Anyone like to play on high difficulty? I'd like to get a consistent group going if possible.

3. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Played until 3am last night. I'm very pleased with what I've seen so far. Though some say the story really doesn't pick up until lvl 20, it's been really good so far. Can't wait to check out some of the multiplayer stuff.

4. dback816

dback816 Member

Doesn't seem to be very active compared to the PS4 thread

5. Mac#5

Mac#5 Member

Im really excited to play the game. unfortunately i wont be able to buy it until this weekend due to school and work.

6. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Should I get this on Xbox 360 so I can play multiplayer with my friends or are there any positives so big that I have to get the XB-1 version?

7. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

Ok this is not cool. My xbox one can't read the destiny disc. I just put in titanfall and it worked fine. Perhaps it is in my destiny to not play this game? Help!

8. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Game's getting so much hype, but reading around a bit I'm glad I'm not the only one that really isn't feeling it. I was turned on by the world and that it was a Bungie game, but that there is no true single player experience is definitely dissapointing. I'm really not much of an online gamer anymore, and because I work in such a socially demanding field, I just want to escape from everything when I game these days. I want to fall into a world I can call my own and not share it with anyone. And it's a bit disheartening if Bungie and other game developers hope for this to be the future in gaming. Give me a game like Last of Us any day.

9. Salvy

Salvy Member

I miss games like KOTOR..... Story driven single player adventures........ Oh how I wish they made a third installment of KOTOR not that online B$ they released a while back.....

[​IMG]

10. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

Thank you for that diatribe, but can someone please help me? My destiny disc still won't read. This is pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty frustrating.

11. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I long for the immersive single player experience. I pre-ordered Destiny but have been too busy to play it. I hope to get around to it this weekend.

12. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

This game is epic

13. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Blow on it.

14. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

game is getting killed in reviews....i mean absolutely killed lol

i figured it was gonna suck...i got it free but im tempted to trade for diablo 3 or something

15. YourSecretLover

where are the reviews? theres none on metacritic so far unless your talking about user reviews which don't count. however, im getting mixed reviews from ppl i personally know as well.

16. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

i was looking at metacritic lmao they are so bad. But like you i am also getting mixed reviews from firends...thats not a good thing. Bungie had so much invested in this game but the game honestly just looked bad to me from the start.

17. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

To my surprise, that did not work. If I don't get out too late, I am going to stop by the Microsoft Store and try to swap it out for a new one. I am not thrilled about this inconvenience. Mark this one as a victory for first world problems.

18. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/ac...as-of-day-one-2014-09-10?reflink=MW_news_stmp
    I actually cancelled my preorder a while ago, so I'm not included. I'm going out of the country soon, and I just figured I'd wait until my return to really dive in Destiny. Though I admit some impressions have me a little concerned (even though I enjoyed the Alpha/Beta).

Regardless of impressions/reviews, Bungie seems to have another hit on their hands.

19. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I enjoyed the beta a lot but I'm still working on Diablo and just got Madden so I don't have time for a new game just yet. Luckily I pre ordered the ghost edition and was able to sell it for enough profit to finance a regular copy purchase down the road.

20. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Gonna ask again: is it good enough on Xbox One that its worth getting or should I get it on 360 so I can play with more of my friends? Also why are there like 0 reviews on this game? Odd