1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[XBOX 360/PC] Mass Effect 2

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Chuck 4, Jan 14, 2010.

1. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Haven't started Dragon Age yet, so I might wait a bit for this one. I did enjoy the first one quite a bit (outside of the side missions and a couple of other issues), so I'm looking forward to playing it. I played ME1 on the PC and didn't really notice any issues...well, besides the fact that my graphics card was about to die, but noting wrong with the game itself. Generally, if a game is on PC and the consoles, I'll get it for the PC (generally better UI, better graphics, cheaper). Especially since I don't generally get games as soon as they come out. If I wait until Steam's holiday sale, I wouldn't doubt it if ME2 was <$20 somehow, while the console version would still be $40+.

2. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

Waiting for this game as well.

3. A00man

A00man Member

Best video game trailer ever!

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y2O-0-fQOOs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y2O-0-fQOOs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

4. A00man

A00man Member

5. hkEvo

hkEvo Member

I pre-ordered from EA a while ago so it should ship out tomorrow. I'll probably get it by Tuesday. I've got a lot of reading/work to do for classes due next week so I'll try to get it all done over the weekend. Then I can get some time to play ME2 :grin:

6. myco

myco Contributing Member

FWIW, Dragon Age does look superb on PC if you have adequate hardware. I did have issues with the game crashing every now and then on Windows 7 though.

I've also played Mass Effect both on PC and Xbox, and I have to say I enjoyed the PC version more. However, this is probably mostly due to the fact that my PC is pretty decent and load times are very very short.

7. magman

magman Member

Been playing since Thursday night, already have 23 hours invested! This game is awesome, it's epic in every way, combat is so much more fun, and the characters all have depth, 10/10 for me so far.

8. MisterPink

MisterPink Member

Bioware is turning into a company that doesn't even really need to be reviewed. I know this game is going to be good, just like I knew Dragon Age was going to be good. I'm really glad there's a developer like them.

9. CountyClerk

CountyClerk Member

Best game I've played in a long time. two things bother me about this game though, 1) no inventory. 2)no unlimited ammo.

10. magman

magman Member

I like the new heat clip ammo, in part one, I don't think I ever used my team mate's powers, now I rarely fire, I use biotics a lot more.

Not having an inventory seemed weird at first, but then I remembered how difficult it was in part 1 to get everything in order.

11. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

To those who have played it so far, does it have the same problem with some of the side missions that happened a lot on Mass Effect 1?

And by that I mean long periods of driving around barren landscapes in order to get to a bunch of buildings/rooms that look identical to every other building/room? Towards the end when I saw the stupid rover landing animation I almost gouged my eyes out. Why couldn't they just drop us ON THE TARGET AREA instead of in the middle of nowhere... :mad:

12. magman

magman Member

No, there's no drivable vehicles this time around, you have to scan the planet and find the area where you have to land. Once you land, your at the location.

13. CountyClerk

CountyClerk Member

nope. no more Mako in ME2 but instead you'll get to scan planets for minerals.

14. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Only about five hours in, but it is ridiculous...BioWare is incredible.

15. A00man

A00man Member

Nope. Bioware revamped the whole side mission structure. The side mission structure in Mass Effect 2 is supposed to be similar to the main mission structure from Mass Effect 1. You don't have copy and paste planets with different color schemes anymore where you drive around endlessly to end up at a base that looks exactly the same as a previous planet. The side missions now are all unique and more story based and while not necessary to do, they develop the main story further.

16. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

I've started playing Dragon Age:Origins and so far it's pretty impressive. Can't wait to get my hand on Mass Effect 2 and so far it's been getting rave reviews. Might need to upgrade my video card to take advantage of the ATI eyefinity 2 to 3 monitors setup to play this game.

17. hkEvo

hkEvo Member

My copy should be getting here from EA tomorrow :grin: . I've read that so far Eyefinity isn't working correctly with ME2. I'd expect a patch from Bioware soon to fix that (like they did with Dragon Age). Not to mention ATI's Catalyst 10.1 should be out sometime this week.

18. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Ugh...I caved in and preordered (still a "preorder" today I guess) ME2 today. Will still probably play Dragon Age first though...but I was strongly considering starting up DA pretty soon, so maybe not a big deal.

19. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I doubt I'll get this since it doesn't seem to be my kind of game, but I have to agree that Bioware is a class act. There needs to be more companies like Bioware and Blizzard. They just make hit after hit because they usually put out great games that aren't bug-ridden and just about eye-candy.

20. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Is this ever coming out on ps3?