1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Xbox 360] New NBA 2K6 Gameplay vids (featuring the next-gen Houston Rockets)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RC Cola, Nov 7, 2005.

1. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Gamespot has put up 5 new gameplay videos of NBA 2K6, two of which feature a game between the Warriors and the Rockets (gameplay footage 6 and 4 IIRC). Judging from the vids, Wesley still sucks. :)

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/sports/nba2k6/media.html?mode=all

BTW, in case anyone is curious, IGN, Gamespot, and a few other sites have put up a few new vids on NBA 2K6 and NBA Live 06 the past few days (which I didn't bother posting about), so search around their websites if you want some more next-gen basketball clips.

2. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Doesn't look so "next gen" to me....

3. RC Cola

[​IMG]

J/K. I think I understand what you're saying, although I imagine it is hard to get the next-gen amount of detail in these players from a zoomed-out camera. Kind of reminds me of a real game in a way...or at least a game on KNWS. :) When it gets the chance to zoom it a bit, the next-gen graphics start to show up a little easier, IMO. Plus, I'm sure compressed video files don't help any.

4. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I thought it was pretty neat how you can plug and play any MP3 player (even Ipods) and cameras to the XBOX 360.

And the user interface on the New XBOX is bad ass as well. You can even play your songs off your IPOD on the xbox while you play a video game!! :D

5. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

I own the XBOX version and watched those vids on what looked like ultra low-res, and they looked damn good to me.

The animations and gameplay seem to have improved overall. The movements & speed were more life-like and smoother.

If you watch the video with the interview of the devloper, that guy posts on Operation Sports off and on and has said they improved some of the aspects (features and gameplay) from the current-gen game they couldn't get to previously. IGN listed 2K as one of five games they said REALLY stood out amongst all other 360 games (Call of Duty 2, Oblivion, Condemned were 3 others).

I think it's a real good first step on the next-gen systems for them.

6. RC Cola

I agree for the most part (especially given the small development period). Personally, I kind of wish the "zoomed out camera view" (not sure what you'd call it) looked a bit more like Live 06. Actually, while I prefer the NBA 2K6 look, the two are pretty close graphically...although once the players start moving in Live...ugh. 2K6 has the player animation department won easily, IMO.

7. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

looks next-gen to me. these blow the current 2k out of the water easily. hopefully it plays well but i wouldn't be surprised if they rushed out something pretty just to show it off then smoothed it off next year.

8. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

Yeah, I think with the time they had to make the game, they did an outstanding job. However, this looks like a straight port of the present consoles with a new shell. I think I' am more interested in seeing what 2K7 will be like. By then they should have time to implement new AI, Mo caps, etc.

9. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

I haven’t preordered it in hopes of holding out till the PS3 comes out to see the two side by side and see what titles both will have out at the time, but yesterday I got an e-mail from BestBuy rewards program saying that because I've been a recurring rewards zone member I can be one of the first to preorder it and get double the points when I buy it.. Anyone else thinking of doing this? I wonder if they ship the 360s to you or I can pick it up at the store? I want to wait, but I think x-box sealed the deal for me when RC posted they will be bring out Alone In The Dark and Wolfenstein..

10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Faces are fugly....

I haven't cared too much about graphics for bball and baseball games since the Dreamcast came out.

With that hard drive, it'd be so easy to download a yearly/6 month mod with new faces and stats.

Like that'd ever happen....Why would they charge 10 bucks for the new download when they can make 40 bucks with the same product on the shelves...

11. RC Cola

Just a FYI, but keep in mind that it cannot play songs off your iPod if they were bought off of iTunes (due to the DRM). Not too surprising, but I thought I'd bring that up in case anyone was wondering about that. It sounded like MS tried to make some type of deal with Apple, but that didn't seem to work:
    http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=12801

12. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

Yet another reason to HATE Itunes.. :mad:

13. RC Cola

Just wanted to make it clear that both of those games probably won't be out until late 2006 anyways, not to mention that Alone in the Dark is on both the PS3 and Xbox 360 (guess Wolfenstein could be as well, but I doubt it). So if those are the games that will help you decide on a console, you can still afford to wait it out a bit. Of course, that's easy to say. I'm sure if I knew that games like MGS 4, FF 13, Kingdom Hearts 3, Tekken, Silent Hill, etc., would be on both consoles (even though those games won't come out for a while), I'd probably start reconsidering my options as well.

14. RC Cola

Someone put up the hi-res versions on filefront, so you can download those in case you're not a GS complete member...which I imagine would be pretty much anyone who checked out the videos. :)
    http://files.filefront.com/169_nab2k6_xbox360_110705_gp_2_hdzip/;4331687;;fileinfo.html
    http://files.filefront.com/169_nba2k6_xbox360_110705_gp_4_hdzip/;4331807;;/fileinfo.html
    http://files.filefront.com/169_nba2k6_xbox360_110705_gp_3_hdzip/;4331923;;/fileinfo.html

1up also put up a gameplay video:
    http://xbox360.1up.com/do/download?cId=3140284