1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[xbox]“Resident Evil 5” Demo Available Exclusively on Xbox LIVE Today

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Hoee Ass

Hoee Ass Member

Played this with a friend on co-op offline mode. The game is really good. I don't know if it was just me, but playing the against the bosses were intense.

2. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

FYI for RE5 fans w/o a 360...

Just a rumor for now (started by Ars Technica), but there may be a RE5 360 bundle announced soon (I guess?). Red console, red controller, RE5, RE5 NXE theme, and a free download for Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD. When asked about this rumor, Capcom responded with "No comment for now."

3. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

[​IMG]

4. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

[​IMG]

5. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

^
    If you get RROD, it would be awesome!

Add that with the fact that there's 2 players and pow! It's not longer scary. I don't think RE5 was meant to be scary anyways.

6. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Sounds like GOW2. Did you ever get killed? I think me and my friend beat GOW games without ever dying once. I don't think you can do that with RE games. Also I think RE will have tougher bosses unlike in GOW I don't even know if you can call them "bosses". Did you feel like a racist for killing so many black zombies?

7. rhino17

rhino17 Member

no one else thought this was a very slow zombie game?

8. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Basically Resident Evil 4 with better graphics and upgrades and co op. I don't have a problem with that.

Have you not played a Resident Evil before? I ask because I think this one is pretty much exactly like 4 - and 4 was the most 'action oriented' one yet. Everything moved faster than any previous Resident Evil.

They are a combination of the new type zombie and the old, I think. I kind of like the mix.

I don't think it's too slow at all. A friend and I just played the coop through Live. He was new to RE. But all the zombies rushing into the house, running to stay alive, dodging axes and shovels and knives, knocking them away when they get too close, scrambling for ammo...I didn't have a problem with the pace, really. It was a good time.

9. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I am new to the series, but I have been playing Left 4 Dead a ton lately and it is insanely fast paced. THe zombies are constantly sprinting at you. The RE graphic are much better, but prefer the gameplay of Left 4 Dead

10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Can you still download it or was it just 1/26 ?

11. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

I was just discussing this with a friend. I played all the previous Resident Evil games, so I'm used to the slow zombies, but the ones in RE:5 seem so slow that it's not even startling to see one approaching, even if I'm out of ammo. I know I can just jog around and look for some bullets or a grenade if need be. So I'm not sure if they're slower than before, or if Left 4 Dead has conditioned me in such a way that they just seem slower than before.

Compared to L4D this seems more like survival borror than survival horror.

12. ClutchCityReturns

1/26-1/28 if I'm not mistaken.

13. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

RE > L4Dead

14. ClutchCityReturns

As a series, I agree.

In terms of RE5 > L4D...it's obviously still in question, but I wouldn't put money on it at this point.

15. rhino17

rhino17 Member

1) They are totally different games

2) have you even played left 4 dead

16. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Are you sure? The PR in the OP even states that this will be open to XBL Silver members on the 29th, so that doesn't seem right. I don't even know why they'd even restrict downloads to a certain time frame, but I haven't really paid much attention.

17. KingCheetah

This thing is downloading sloooow....

18. rhino17

rhino17 Member

yeah, it took me a few hours

19. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

A big part of RE4 was the atmosphere; the game does a great job (with the locations, music, etc.) of creating that tension. It's not just some zombie running at you.

For example, there's a part in 4 where you see this creature from a distance - this big hulking man/monster thing that can take your head off with one swipe. When you finally get close enough to him, it's in this cramped, dirty dungeon...where you realize the monster is blind, but can hear you. And so the whole boss fight is you getting dangerously close to this thing while trying to remain silent and taking your shots when you have the chance.

Another part of the game takes place in this old church. Cult members chanting softly while others try to kill you. Very creepy.

I would be surprised if these sorts of things weren't in 5.

I agree that the fast paced/modern day zombie movie thing is more a L4D approach. Which, considering how multiplayer oriented L4D is, pretty much is a necessity. But it wouldn't surprise me if the campaign/single player experience of RE5 has a lot of good things in it.

20. KingCheetah

Yeah, that demo doesn't make me want to go buy the game -- maybe i'll grab it used in a year or so.

It's a little monotonous.