1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

X Factor: Playoffs Round One

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by d12babymamas, Apr 17, 2014.

?

Who will the Xfactor be?

Poll closed May 7, 2014.
  1. Bev

26 vote(s)
    21.5%
  2. Parsons

7 vote(s)
    5.8%
  3. Harden

3 vote(s)
    2.5%
  4. Howard

10 vote(s)
    8.3%
  5. Jones

19 vote(s)
    15.7%
  6. Garcia

4 vote(s)
    3.3%
  7. Lin

38 vote(s)
    31.4%
  8. Daniels

9 vote(s)
    7.4%
  9. Casspi

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  10. Other

4 vote(s)
    3.3%
  1. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

Who will be the xfactor in the 1st round of the playoffs? I think Harden and Howard will perform as they always do, so not really an xfactor imo. Nevertheless, I included them in the list.

I personally think it will be PB getting inside Lillard's head. What do you all think?

2. dragician

dragician Member

DMo will stop Aldridge.

3. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

The Xfactor is Beverly just like the article says. If he is as in Lillard's head as it seems we'll win this series. If not, it could be a long one.

4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I actually think the X Factor is in fact Dwight.

If he is just another piece of the team out there then we are going to have issues. He needs to be a game changer which he certainly has been at various points this year.

Edit: But honestly, the even bigger XFactor is the collective 3 point shooting of the team. If the shots fall we are going to rock and roll. If not, we are going to be in serious trouble.

5. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

6. DOLPHIN2k2

DOLPHIN2k2 Member

The coach will be the x-factor. The way he respond to the line up and make in game adjustments will be the key to the series.

7. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

Aldridge could really end up killing us though...assuming PB limits Lillard like he usually does. Who's gonna guard LA?

8. thething

thething Contributing Member

Terrence Jones--with a couple of his high energy games he could swing the series in our favor.

The problem with him has always been consistency, but he can give us some monster games.

9. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

Valid point, but I think this may be even more apparent and more of a factor in the 2nd round against the Spurs...

10. thursdays

thursdays Member

I voted for Harden because I expect his defense to actually show up.

11. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

I only consider someone an "X-factor" if I'm not sure if they'll show up. At this point I know only two things: Harden will show up. Beverley will show up. (2a: Parsons will probably show up).

Feast or famine players make the best X-factors. The Rockets are unstoppable when Terrence Jones is playing at his peak, and they kind of suck when he sucks.

(Don't sleep on Asik though - may get run in some atypical lineups if TJ crashes and burns)

12. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I selected T Jones because he's our weakest position playing against Aldridge. if he can put pressure on Aldridge, good.

Other x-factors:
    -Harden's defense
    -Beverley's health
    -Howard's free throw shooting
    -Lin's confidence and turnovers
    -Our bench's 3-point shooting
    -And, of course, the TWIN TOWERS

13. Evil Empire

Evil Empire Member

All I know is our bench has to destroy their bench

As for as a specific player being an X-factor, I really think whoeever guarding LMA will be key (Jones, D-Mo, maybe even Asik?)

14. poing

poing Member

I think it's easily Lin. good, aggressive Lin shows up, and our bench will be good. bad, indecisive Lin shows up, and we won't get any easy wins.

15. Normalus

Normalus Member

You mean he would fould-out in 3 minutes? But for real, Donuts did great job cutting his fouls and I think Dream worked with him on defensive things.

Shame he's playing pretty bad lately, and last game was just for fun for both teams. Could he be X-factor? Hell we better pray for having one or two this post-season.

16. Soft Takes

Soft Takes Rookie

Yea gotta be lin. He either goes HAM-mode or gets limited minutes and we lose a few games. I know what Bevs gonna do, I know what Dwight's gonna do. My only question marks are our use of Lin and Hardens defense.

17. coffeelover665

Bev on Lillard. Howard on LMA. Asik man the middle.

x factor:

Trey Daniel going off. His 3s will be the key. If it's on, we will ride him until he can't run anymore. If it's not on, we sub him in for someone else.

Lin vs old man Mo William. William suffered a very very bad ankle injury 2-3 weeks before. This couple with Lin insane first step, Lin will blow by him every time. I see Lin putting big numbers.

Things to note: Howard will command the double team but the question is, will he read it in time and pass out of it, or will it be turnovers? Will he make his free throws when they start their hack-a-howard?

Harden: at this point, I dont even have anything to say about his defense. Wes Matthew will put up big numbers can't do anything about it.

LMA: Howard and LMA could be troublesome if he makes Howard commit early fouls. We lose A LOT without Howard in the game.

But I really believe Lin will be our biggest x factor in this series. Now that he doesn't have to waste his energy on defense on Lillard, he can go off against one leg Mo William.
    Hopefully his back will be all right.

18. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I went with Jones because he hasn't done anything against Portland all season. If he's able to contribute, that will give Portland yet another problem to deal with. We really need him to br strong on the defensive boards.

19. Play07

Play07 Member

no ASIK option ? him on LMA could be the key to the series.

20. Yellow

Yellow Member

Lamarcus Aldridge going off on us hasn't hurt us, so I'm not worried about Jones. Beverley is the X-factor, if he shows that defense he has been playing against Lilliard, this series will probably end in 5-6 games. If Lilliard goes nuts, it might go to 6/7 and we lose the series.