1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

X-Box or PS2?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GotGame15, Jan 20, 2002.

1. GotGame15

GotGame15 Member

Guys, i'm definately stuck in the middle of which one to buy. I heard a lot of arguments from both sides, but i need reasons. So if any of you got these systems....give me some thoughts. I heard that PS2 has the better games, but X-Box has the better graphics. People help me out.

2. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

3. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Hey the more threads about video games there are the better it is.

I have all three: PS2, X-box and Gamecube. Right now PS2 is obviously the best. Go with PS2! PS2 already has many more games then X-box (duh!). And X-box having better graphics is pure crap. I am playing Halo right now and it does not even compare (graphic wise) to stuff like Metal Gear, Final Fantasy or even NBA Street.

4. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

i'll try and help you out. i've had ps2 for about a year and x-box for about a month and a half. you can't go wrong with either one but in the long run i think you'll be much happier with the x-box. make no mistake it is DEFINITELY more powerful than the ps2. i'll say this, nothing on the x-box right now looks as good as final fantasy for the ps2 but thats because there is no final fantasy for the x-box. if that makes any sense. for instance try comparing max payne for the x-box and ps2. the x-box has a near flawless transfer of the game while the ps2 can't nearly handle it as well. the difference is night and day. ps2 has more games right now, which is why i still have it. i gotta have my final fantasy and gta3 is the best game i've ever played. (but gta3 is also coming out for the x-box along with metal gear) also the ps2 controller kicks the hell out of the x-box controller but that shouldn't be a decision maker. bottom line is if you want games now get the ps2 simply because it's been around longer, but give x-box a year and you'll have the same games but more power.

oh yeah and i probably play dreamcast more than either of them, definitely not better graphics but if you get the 1009 nintendo roms disk you're set. tecmo nba basketball and tecmo superbowl are classics.

#5 BigM, Jan 21, 2002
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2002
  5. R0ckets03

ummmm....whats that?

6. red

red Contributing Member

get both you wuss...but be sure to hook up a flux capacitor for the ultimate gaming experience.

7. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

its a cdr with a dreamcast version of the nes emulator plus i believe every nintendo game. theres also a bunch of japanese games on it. it's really cool and convenient, don't have to worry about trying to get the nintendo to work. i got it for 6.99 from midwestbackups.com if you're interested.

8. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Dude... do you have a life?

9. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

I for one is enjoying my XBox. So far, I have Halo and NFL 2K2. Halo is an addictive game but gets boring after awhile. NFL 2K2 is just an AWESOME football game PERIOD. As for the game lineup, there is about a game coming out every month for the next year I have to buy which includes:

NBA Inside Drive
    WWF Raw
    Tony Hawk 3
    NBA 2K2
    Soul Caliber 2 (technically it should be called Soul Blade 3 cuz Soul Caliber was the sequel to Soul Blade)

I suggest last week for people to go check out the XBox Odyssey Tour to test out the Xboxes but no one replied or even read the THREAD (a total of 19 to be exact and I am probably 3 of them).

One feature that I love that nobody inputed me about was ripping CDs to the hard drive. I love the fact that you can rip songs to the hard drive then listen to them on some games like Project Gotham Racing and Tony Hawk 2x. The 10 GB Hard Drive is a big plus also so you dont have to buy memory cards. Lets put it this way, I have ripped bout 20 songs that has taken bout 3000 blocks and have saved around 50 blocks worth, and its STILL says that I have 50000+ blocks to use.

If you are patient for good games to come out, then get an XBox, but if you gotta have the GREAT games NOW, then get a PS2. Sony is so impressed bout the XBox that they have planned to release PS3 earlier than first expected. Also, there are rumors floating that Microsoft is going to buy out Sega!!! If that is True, then everybody will be bowing down to Mr. Gates himself.:D

Is it just me, but it seems that I am being makin fun of for owning an XBox? At work, they mess with me saying that I am devil for buying a Microsoft product. I guess if you work for an Internet Service Provider, you will think Microsoft is the DEVIL!!! hehehe. Oh wellz. My fellow co-workers are stuck with their Nintendo World playing Kiddy games like Super Smash Brothers Melee and other kiddie krap they have.

10. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Yeah...those games are real fun.

11. R0ckets03

they dont have it for ps2 or gc or xbox, :( but thanks anyways.

12. Iron McFist

Iron McFist Member

You better take that back before I go postal on you with your brick.. err... XBox.

13. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Aight, I'll take it back just because I havent played the game myself. But seriously, I dont know how long Nintendo will last. The only advantage they have is that they can make some great 1st Party Games but do not have as many 3rd party supporters as PS2 and XBox. Like with Luigi's Mansion, it sucks like hell which is a pretty good sign that they may fall. Dont get me wrong, Luigi's Mansion isnt a bad game, but it is no Super Mario Brother, Mario World, Mario 64, or any of the mario games that first came out when nintendo released a new system. Plus, look how long it took them to finally get rid of the cartridge format. I admit, I was a Nintendo freak back in the days with my Nintendo and Super NES with my Nintendo Power subscriptions. But I gave up when they kept delaying the Ultra 64 (a name which I prefered over N64) and went on to the PS1.

Video games wouldnt be today if it wasnt for Nintendo AND Sega. It was competition that brought the best of them. Now that Sega is a third party supporter and is not releasing anymore systems, Nintendo maybe following them soon. Nintendo vs. Sega was yesterday, Sony vs. Microsoft is the new competition for years to come.

14. Matador

Matador Member

I just checked out the site. They have some pretty intersting stuff.

Something you might want to consider is looking at the PS1 games. There is a disc called 800 NES Games for only $4.99. Since PS2 plays PS1 games then you could get this.

15. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

As long as you are happy, I don't think it really matters what console you have.

Look at the type of games you like playing and invest in the console that's marketing those games.

16. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

ok...how does playing nintendo games on my dreamcast make you question if i have a life? are you saying i suck cause i'm playing nintendo? i don't get it

17. PhiSlammaJamma

x-box is more powerful in the graphics department. You'll get dents, stains, and reflections that you wouldn't get on the PS-2. They've also added scenes to the games that PS-2 already has. For example, in Silent Hill 2 you can play as a different character and get their side of the scary story. I think x-box is the better buy, but in two years, it won't matter anyway when you are buying x-box 2 or ps-3 for 500$ a pop. There are less games for x-box, but how much money do you make anyway....

18. PhiSlammaJamma

19. GotGame15

GotGame15 Member

And one more thing. Can the same memory card be used from Playstation 1 on Playstation 2? Can the same controllers be used?