1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. Hottoddie

Hottoddie Contributing Member

What would Fegan do? (I know,..... who gives a rip?)

It's rumored that the Moochie negotiations have bogged down. It's also been indicated that Fegan has several sign & trade scenarios worked out. So, I decided to start a thread to speculate what some of Fegan's S&T scenarios might be.

Now, for those that (always do & always will) have nothing more to say than "It won't work, They won't do that, ......etc., either put a sock in it or offer a contributing idea. :p

The S&T can be a two or multiple team trade. The two S&T's that he's done involving the Rockets were two & three team trades. He obviously knows what the teams involved need, what they want to get rid of, & he knows how to make the trade fit within the CBA guidelines.

Your mission, if you choose to accept it, is to figure out what teams & players could be involved & they have to work within the CBA guidlines. Obviously, I'll start.

It seems to me that the most likely trade partner would be Golden State. Since it's been reported that the Rockets have been talking to Marc Jackson & since GS can match any offer up to the mid-level exception, we'll have to make a beneficial trade with Golden State for them to release their rights to match our offer. Also, we'll have to receive a PG to replace Moochie. To make it real interesting, I'll add Denver to the mix.

Houston sends Walt/Moochie(@$3 mill) to Golden State.
    Houston sends Cato to Denver.

Denver sends Bowen/Willis/Abdul-Wahad to Houston.
    Denver sends Cheaney to Golden State.

Golden State sends Porter/Sura to Denver.
    Golden State sends Mookie/Rights to match Jackson offer to Houston.

Denver is the one that I think would balk at this deal, so I had GS throw in Porter as an added incentive. Denver would move Abdul-Wahad's contract & Bowen/Cheaney, both of whom played sparingly last year & have been offered for trade. Willis is the one solid player that they give up in this deal. In exchange, they receive a young, legitimate starting center, a backup SG in Sura, & a promising young SF in Porter, which would allow them to start Posey at the SG.

Golden State gets to move Sura's contract, replace Mookie with Moochie, & swap Porter's expiring contract for Cheaney's expiring contract. They also get Walt's 40% 3pt shooting. After the trade, GS actually drops $2 mill off of next years team salary, as it stands now.

Houston gets to move Cato's butt & replace him with a veteran C/PF in Willis. We replace Moochie with Mookie & no longer have to deal with Fegan. We get to sign Jackson, without worrying about GS matching it. We get a potentially(There's that word again) very good backup SG in Abdul-Wahad & Bowen, whom we can put on the IR. Abdul-Wahad's contract is about $1 mill less than Cato's, but it runs 1 year longer than Cato's. Not counting Moochie's contract, we actually drop just over $1 mill off of next year's team salary. This trade would leave us with a lineup of:

C: Willis/Collier
    PF: Jackson/Griffin/KT
    SF: Rice/Langhi/T-Mo
    SG: Mobley/Abdul-Wahad
    PG:Francis/Mookie

IR: Taylor/Bowen/Torres

All 5 C/PF's are swingmen, which would give Rudy plenty of lineup options. Next year(hopefully), Taylor comes back & our front court will be even deeper.

What S&T ideas can ya'll come up with?

2. NugzFan

NugzFan Member

man why do we always get the screw job in proposed deals on this board? for once, cant we get something good and you guys screw another team? :)

like this...

houston sends cato to san antonio

denver sends lafrentz to houston

san antonio sends duncan to denver

3. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I can deal with getting duncan for Cato :eek:

4. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

Mooch will not be part of any deal. He is staying.

5. Hottoddie

Based on all the rumors that are swirling about, don't bet the house on it.

6. Hottoddie

Because we enjoy the Nuggets being our love slaves. :D

At least I didn't put Lafrentz in the deal this time. I thought it was fair. Personally, I'd rather have Sura than Abdul-Wahad & Porter started showing a glimpse of his game last year. As far as Cato, well, I believe it was OP that indicated a couple of times that Denver had an interest in acquiring him & may still be entertaining the thought of getting him. Sometimes you have to shake things up, in order to improve them.

By the way, if you were the GM of the Nuggets, would you ever make a trade? The last time I tried to find out what it would take to trade for LaFrentz, you would never make a committment or offer any counter offers. Are you that loyal a fan? If you are, then Cato really needs you. :D He needs some love from the fans.