1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

wwe version 11.0?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by gr8-1, Oct 26, 2005.

1. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

Where's the wwe thread? Did the search, I found nothing.

Anyways, do we like the direction it's going?

What is with the push for Ken Kennedy?

2. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

You're searching for the wrong thing... try: "FAKE", "we all know it's fake", or "i hate wrestling" all in quotes. ;)

3. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

I hate to say it, but my sister is HUGE into wrestling, and so I've gotten into it as well. Bobby Lashley is INSANE.

4. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

5. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I'm glad to see these threads on wrestling get shorter and shorter each year.

6. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Man that JR skit was brutal.

I'm going to Hell for laughing at it.

7. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

They need to get D Generation X back together. The last time I thought WWE was really interesting was when they had HHH, Mr. Ass, X-Pac, and Road Dogg together.

8. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

I'm not sure, but I think I might slowly be getting back into wrestling, although only as a form of comedy. I've been watching bits and pieces or RAW for the past 2-3 weeks, and there are just some hilarious things (intentional and unintentional). For example, look at this from last night:
    http://vaderfall.ytmnd.com/

I don't even really care who's champ, who's not, who's on RAW, who's not, blah,blah, blah. I just like watching these crazy things happen.

9. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

^^^man, i saw that debacle last night. he had trouble just trying to run down the ramp. he was huffing and puffing by the time he got in the ring. falling down on his ass was the best thing about Raw last night.

10. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Vader's just a huge tub-o-lardass. All these old geezers on WWE lately has really brought it down.

I've really been getting into TNA Wrestling lately. Their heavyweight division is full of mostly WWE retreads like Jeff Jarrett, Billy Gunn, Road Dogg, Rhyno, Raven, and the Dudleys, but their X-Division (cruiserweights) has some really great talent...

11. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

You guys watch this over the Ultimate Figher/UFC on Spike TV? I love WWE, but man, martial arts that's real can be a thing of beauty to watch. As opposed to Lita's baby daddy drama. lol. :D

12. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

UFC is unwatchable...I've seen more entertaining fights between two chicks fighting over a tickle-me-elmo at Wal Mart. Every single round goes like this:

Fighters throw punches and kicks at each other with about .005% accuracy rate.

One guy grabs other guy by the waist and shoves him towards the fence

Both guys lay on the ground clutching each other and hitting each other in the head until the bell rings

I want my fighting choreographed and pre-determined, damnit!

13. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

I've been getting into WWE again myself lately. Personally, the whole evil McMahon thing is getting boring. I know he's a ruthless businessman in real life, but the hyper version he plays of himself is played out. I hear he wants to keep Jim Ross off the air for real and that tonights Taboo Tuesday match, Stone Cold was supposed to lose with Mark Henry helping the Coach out, and he was pissed and would not do it, so they had to scramble with the lame idea to bring back Goldust and Vader and having Batista take Stone Cold's place.

14. Yan_Yao

Yan_Yao Member

Before, I was a HUGE wwe fans, especially in the wwf days. Now, I haven't watch it for years, it's not interesting anymore, and I think soon or later, WWE is turn into another XFL thing.

15. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

I personally do not get this decision by Vince. He treats very poorly his lead announcer for the last decade (JR). The guy is very popular and is probably one of the top 3 wrestling announcers EVER (even with the Bell's Palsy). Then as part of the angle, they book Stone Cold to fail in saving JR's career. Even worse, they booked this angle and did not tell him that his spot at Homecoming was going to lead into JR's firing. Good way to totally alienate your company from a top draw and one of the most popular figures in memory.

This has bites you in the ass written all over it.

16. Preston27

Preston27 Contributing Member

Ross is still employed by the company. He may have wanted to retire from announcing anyway.

By the way, since when does anyone on this board like a sooner fan?

17. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

I think it's funny that one of the alleged reasons they took JR off TV was he wasn't photogenic enough. This from a company that makes a woman wear a hideous fake mole and shows us topless Mae Young every chance they get. :D

Stone Cold will be back. What is this, the third time he's walked? The payday for Hogan-Austin will be too big for him to ignore.

Christian has apparently left too, for anyone interested. That's the second guy they've lost from the draft. Now it's basically Cena, Angle, Carlito, Big Show and RVD for Batista, Orton, and Benoit. I bet they will just dissolve the brand extension once their contract with UPN runs out and put everyone back on Raw.

18. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Does anybody know why they left Spike TV? I forgot they were going over to USA and tuned into Spike TV one day and noticed the UFC - I was hooked.

19. alexdapooh

alexdapooh Contributing Member

All I know is...
    John Cena needs to lose the title already.. his mic skills are horrible and the only thing that keeps the belt around his waist is his popularity. I've slowly seen less people cheer for him the last few weeks and more people cheer for Kurt Angle so Vince, you know what that means:

Kurt Angle - next WWE Champion... it's true, oh it's true!

I've enjoyed seeing Mr. Kennedy's push as of late cause he has great charisma and microphone skills... he's getting a good chance on Smackdown because of their lack of superstars. I like Lashley, but he lacks something important: a gimmick. The big Brock Lesnar/Batista type meatball gimmick is too original.. I really wanna see Chris Masters get a huge push in the next few months.

20. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

Other than Kennedy, I completely agree with your take.

Cena sux and is a mid-carder. It's a travesty that Jericho and Angle had to job to this clown. Hopefully HHH isn't handed the title again. Can't imagine anything more boring than a Cena/HHH title feud that would probly last a couple of months and take up at least 30 minutes a show.

Lashley really hasn't shown anything special as far as showmanship or mic skills so far. Stomping around the ring and throwing midgets around only works for so long unless you're the Big show. Masters is a goof and his finisher is :rolleyes: , but he could be a decent mid-heel, and an excellent stable guy, if they ever decide to do another one.

Christian. :( Him and Jericho gone bring down the product even though they had become little more than jobbers.

DoD, as far as your question, Spike didn't want to pay WWE what they wanted, it's as simple as that. Smackdown is going to leave UPN(if not disintegrate alltogether) whenever their contract is up, hence why the SD product is so inferior right now(as well as partially why they are on Friday nights).