1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

WTF is up with no Rockets games on Fox SW

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by BigEasyRocket, Nov 19, 2002.

1. BigEasyRocket

BigEasyRocket Member

For the last 6 years I have lived in New Orleans I could depend on Fox SW to broadcast at least 30-40 Rockets games per year, yet I have yet to see one this year. What is the deal, did they not renew the contract, or is it just that the games will be broadcast later in the season. I know they (Fox) usally carries the home games. I know it is not because of regional coverage of the Hornets, as they have an exclusive contract with COX cable, the local cable provider. This truly sucks, I miss my Rockets games !!!!!! Cna anyone give me an anwser to this?

2. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

N.O. Hornets Local Market. The Rockets aren't allowed in Austin since its in the S.A. local market so I suspect its the same there. Sorry. It sucks.

3. BigEasyRocket

BigEasyRocket Member

Don't think it has anything to do with the NO market, but more so with the broadcast contract. I say this because he still lives in H-Town, and told me none of the games have been on FOX SW, but instead on ch 51. Like I said the Hornets have no contract with FOX, their contract is with the local cable provider, who has a sports channel anchored by the Hornets.

4. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Regardless, the Rockets wouldn't be on FSW anyhow, since NO has their own team now.

There is no market other than LA/NY that is able to watch 2 diff teams on normal TV. LA is able to because of the Lakers and Clips. And I'm pretty sure NY can with the Knicks and Nets.

5. tigereye

tigereye Member

Your right. the Rocks are no longer with Fox SW . While it does suck cuz I live in houston and have a sat dish which means i cannot pick 51 at this time and see tha Rocks, i am happy there off of Fox SW. Have you guys seen ther news show. Its always Dallas teams first, everyone else later because there freakin studio is located in lil' D. I say we boycott Fox SW and try and get our own FOX SPORTS station. Freakin Pittsburgh has there own so that they dont have to share with Philly so dont come with that were to small of a city to have one. Were the fourth largest city in America. Were bigger than both Philly and Pittsburgh and Cincinnati and Detroit and who ever else has one. It should be FOX SPORTS HOUSTON!!!!!
    Houston sports teams first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. does anyone of you guys know when that third world country TV station known as TV 51 will finally make it on the Dish. We have every local station including tha Tube 55 except 51. The chronicle said it would make it on the dish in the beginning of the season but I look and there's no freakin 51. Somebody help me. I am prisoner being forced to watch Mavs and Spurs games but not the team i love. I am losing my mind. Thanks Les, I hope 51 is paying you big time so you can spend that money to land a big name free agent.