1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Are the Pelicans toast? We're watching Thunder at Pelicans -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

WRESTLEMANIA XXVIII

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by FrancisFan3, Mar 26, 2012.

1. The Drake

The Drake Member

Any speculation on the impending call-ups?

Dean Ambrose seems to be a lock, so I would think Seth Rollins can't be too far behind. My guess is Rollins would serve as Mick Foley's in-ring proxy, as I don't think anyone wants to see Mick in action anytime soon.

Husky Harris debuted a new character Levi Wyatt, and cut a good promo for it. I'm at work now, so I can't link the video, but Chad Dukes has it up on his website.

2. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Cena looks like he would make an awesome heel ala Rocky when he the anti-face after he first came up.

1 person likes this.
  3. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Love seeing Lesnar stiff Cena on RAW and bust him open.

1 person likes this.
  4. The Drake

The Drake Member

Nice interview promo from Brock last night. AND is was cool seeing Cena lose; too bad Tensai got to be the one to score a pin on the superhero though.

These Punk-Henry matches have been a lot of fun to watch. I wouldn't mind if this was Punk's main rivalry instead of Jericho. Heck, make it a triple threat. Fifteen years in the making, but Henry is finally a beast.

Daniel Bryan is awesome. That is all.

5. LoganRoxFan

LoganRoxFan Member

The whole Punk drunk angle just feels forced and is quite lame. I've enjoyed the mini feud between Punk and Henry.

1 person likes this.
  6. The Drake

The Drake Member

Missed Raw last night, but from what I've read, it sounds like that was the right call. The only cool segment seemed to be the Bryan-Sheamus-Henry segment. I watched the highlights and loved Bryan's quick count, giving Henry the win.

Sheamus is the worst. I don't know why it's impossible for WWE to have any faces are are enjoyable to watch for someone over the age of 12. Some are better than others, but on the whole I can't think of one interesting face right now.

And Mark Henry needs to be in a title picture, either the WHC or WWE title. He is simply too good right now.

7. The Drake

The Drake Member

I'm fine with it, since attacking Punk's self-identifier is really the only way to get him to care about a feud and not act "above it all," which is why his feud with Laurinaitis/Ziggler never really worked for me.

Should be another good match between the two this Sunday.

It might suck, but for some reason I'm really looking forward to Extreme Rules.

8. FrancisFan3

FrancisFan3 Member

It's tonight. John Cena vs. Brock Lesnar, CM Punk vs. Chris Jericho (street fight), and Daniel Bryan vs. Sheamus (2 out of 3 falls).

9. BIG-Tnguyen

BIG-Tnguyen Member

10. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

LOL!

Lesnar with the botch.

11. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

that was one of the most non entertaining match.

They just won't job Cena. Cena moves way too much merchandise.

12. FrancisFan3

FrancisFan3 Member

Extreme Rules tonight is better than Wrestlemania 4 weeks ago. Cena-Lesnar was a legit shoot fight. Punk-Jericho street fight was awesome. 2 out of 3 falls between Daniel Bryan and Sheamus was also great.
    Since Sheamus is still the world champion, I predict Alberto Del Rio will be his next feud and Del Rio will take the title. Also, it looks like John Cena will be out indefinitely from a torn arm/shoulder injury.

13. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

I think that was a tribute to Sabu who was found unresponsive in his hotel earlier in the day and rushed to the hospital. That was totally a Sabu signature move but Lesnar used the steel steps instead of the steel chair.

What a great PPV. Lesnar/Cena ruled. Punk/Jericho ruled. Bryan/Sheamus ruled.
    Cody/Show was fun.

First time I'd pulled for Cena in years and I went in pulling for Lesnar but it was just so brutal with those legit elbows and strikes and the way he was just toying with Cena...Just looked too unbeatable. But even still it took Cena finally hitting him with the chain and the FU on the steel steps to beat him. So I don't know far if any it knocks Lesnar down.

14. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Ohh yeah, Triple Moonsault, or whatever he calls it.

15. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Wrong Forum. Wrestling isn't a sport.

16. LoganRoxFan

LoganRoxFan Member

No way? You gotta be kidding me? Damn it man...I've been duped for 35 years. I had no idea wrestling wasn't a sport.

Man I feel silly.

17. The Drake

The Drake Member

Really enjoyed Extreme Rules and yesterday's Raw.

Not crazy about Cena going over on Brock, but I don't think it did anything to lessen Brock's heat, and it actually made me care about Cena for the first in maybe ever. Cena almost ruined that good will last night, but after him getting beat down by Tensai, Johnny Ace, and that other guy...wow. I'm really excited for the Johnny Ace/Cena feud. I imagine the match at Over the Limit will be some kind of "no holds barred" match, so Johnny's goons can come in and do most of the dirty work. Definitely has shades of Vince/Austin, but I'm actually finding this angle much more complex and nuanced (never thought I'd say that about a Cena angle).

Great to see Brock beat the hell out of HHH (I can't stand HHH right now and the way the "good guys" and crowd were fawning over him was awful), and I'm really excited to see where he goes next (would love to see him in a program with Orton).

But I'm ignoring the best news: Punk/Dragon for the belt??!!! Wow. And for Bryan to win the No. 1 contendership by making Lawler tap out? Awesome. I nerded/marked out for that last night.