1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wrestlemania 23 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by alexdapooh, Mar 22, 2007.

1. alexdapooh

alexdapooh Contributing Member

What's the FIRST dumbest move in the history of wrestling?

2. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

The People's Elbow imo.

I mean honestly, who could take that move seriously?

3. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

I always thought the dumbest move was the bronco buster.

4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I'm with you. I remember being younger and people popping like crazy for that. I was thinking "He's just putting his **** in the other guy's face. Why is that awesome?" Always seemed a little dumb to me. The People's Elbow is up there as well though.

5. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

twist of fate.

6. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Scotty 2 Hotty's Worm.

How in the bloody hell is this guy still employed?

7. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

wrestlemania is today folks.

This has been posted but it's fun to watch still.

WARNING: OFFENSIVE LANGUAGE.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9K-wEUCCvE0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9K-wEUCCvE0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Humble your ass.

8. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

sooo anything good happen?

9. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Not watching it but keeping up with results on another forum

So far...
    Kennedy wins MitB
    Khali beat Kane
    Benoit beat MVP
    Taker took Batista's title
    Lashley beat Umaga, Vince bald surprise surprise
    Melina retains over Ashley

10. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

^^^ By the way, WWE really should sign Iron Sheik and just let him cut promos on whoever he wants. There's another one on youtube where he threatens to put Michael Richards in the camel clutch on David Letterman.

11. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

i'm keeping track of it on a newsboard.

im surprised that UT/Dave match went on EARLY.

If I was booking the show.

I'd have UT beat Dave in the MAIN MAIN event
    with HBK/Cena before that

Chris Benoit vs MVP to open
    New Breed vs Old Breed
    Kane vs Kal
    Lash vs Umaga
    MITB
    Then Melina <3 vs whoever that is. Ashley, i guess
    Then Cena vs HBk
    Then UT vs Baaaaaatista.

12. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

i haven't watched wrestling since a little before wrestlemania x-seven (going to that was surprisingly one of my favorite sporting events ever) but it's good to hear Undertaker kept the streak alive. he was a badass in the past and is from houston (i guess the death valley part of houston) so he needs to stay undefeated.

13. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Aww yeah, Wrestlemania kicked major ass last night. Once again, Money in the Bank steals the show, although I think they need to scale it back to six guys instead eight. There really wasn't a weak point in this match at all. Jeff Hardy jumped off one of those humongo 20 or 25 foot ladders onto Edge, who was lying on a ladder that had one end on the ring and one end on the guardrail. He didn't do a swanton or a splash, either. He jumped butt first and landed with his full center of gravity right on top of Edge. The ladder Edge was on got snapped in half, and Edge got carried off in a stretcher.

Kane vs. Khali sucked hard. I didn't expect too much, so I wasn't terribly disappointed. They should have put a cruiserweight title match here instead of these two guys. Khali is simply the worst "giant" in wrestling history, and Kane has really lost a step.

MVP vs. Benoit was suprisingly good, and it was actually MVP carrying the match. I had no idea he was so technically proficient.

The Chick match was OK, though I don't know why they made it a lumberjill match. I think somebody got thrown out of the ring once. BTW, Ashley's playboy spread was the most overrated piece of crap ever.

ECW match was pretty good, though they should have made it Extreme rules and had a few chair shots or broken tables.

Battle of the Billionaires was great, especially when Shane came out. Trump needs to work on his punches, though. :p

Batista vs. Undertaker was great for a big man match. Both guys really showed off their agility, with Batista going off the top rope and Undertaker flying over the top rope to the outside. I think Batista might be turning heel pretty soon.

I've probably spoiled too much, so I won't say much about Cena vs. Michaels. The only thing I say is the Michaels busts out a piledriver, which is a supposedly banned move. I thought it was the best main event in the past five years or so.

Overall, A-...

14. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

I don't even watch it much at all anymore and I'm still tired of Cena. I tried getting back in a while ago, but I just can't take Cena. Seems like most of the fans hate him too, but he's not a heel. Isn't that kind of hate what turned Rocky Mavia into The Rock? I don't see that happening to Cena.

15. dskillz

dskillz Contributing Member

The difference is that Cena is moving merchandise and the rating pops everytime he is on TV. Fans speak with their wallet, if people love to boo him and buy tickets just to do so, Cena is doing his job. Making money for the WWE.

16. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

when i buy a ticket, it's not to see Cena.

17. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

His dad is Jerry Lawler.

18. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

19. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

Have no idea why hbk is a main eventer. They've jobbed him the last few years.

20. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

That's a good comparison, you could also look to the Rock's heel turn of 2003.

Rock had run his "Great One" gimmick into the ground much like they're currently doing with Cena's chain gang stuff and the fans got sick of it. He used the negative reaction to fuel a great heel run when he re-invented himself as a folk-singing Hollywood prima donna. Despite being heel again, the gimmick started getting him face cheers by the time he was feuding with Goldberg.