1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wow, We Stole Harden!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by GreenLantern, Nov 2, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

True. They just traded the wrong star.

2. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

Kevin Martin has been very good in his first two games with the Thunder. I'm happy for him.

The issue is more that James Harden has been amazing.

3. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

I think it's funny how Barkley is praising Lamb and how much he is going to help the Thunder and it's like he expect Lamb to play and contribute right away.

But i am sure if Lamb is a Rocket...under stupid coach like McFail, he would not get any minute no matter how good he is. It's like if you're rookie, you don't get to play until next year...that's how stupid Houston's coach is. That's why you see players that have been in the league 2nd year or longer get minutes even though they suck. It's just a matter of time before this stupid coach wake and realize Lin and Harden is not going to make the comeback after getting behind by the weak bench players.

4. Outlier

Outlier Member

*******, stop b****ing. :rolleyes:

5. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Those dumbass Thunder fans on those Thunder Forums said that he can't take game over at will.

45 points b****es.

6. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

everyone keeps saying this. Asset A and B. B is worth more than A, fine. But you can get a ton back for B. Or you can keep B and lose A for no compensation..

Under your situation, they have the majority of their money committed AND no 4/5 who can bang and rebound? Ibaka is a shot blocker and a weakside player, but there's a reason they believe they NEED Perkins. On top of all that, they would have no Martin/Lamb/3 picks. But they'd have Harden, whose skillset was clearly duplicative there considering how underutilized he (apparently) was

7. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

A quote from the ESPN Chat, "they all messed up!"

OKC - Harden
    NYC - Lin
    CHI - Asik

8. Mariachi ROCKET

OKC Got Robbed with a water gun and we still on the better end!

9. Linsanity 2.0

Linsanity 2.0 Member

Have you seen Perkins effectiveness on the OKC? Perkins is making more than he's worth, and I'll leave it at that.

10. Dat Dude

Dat Dude Member

That's really crazy if you think about it. Morey did work on all 3 fronts. :cool:

11. ebatinga

ebatinga Member

First of all your grammar is terrible...

Second, regarding your quote about not playing rookies, see chandler parsons....

12. Alimoe84

Alimoe84 Member

Yeah because our 2nd round pick Parsons didn't play AT ALL last year as a rookie.

13. Outlier

Outlier Member

Carmelo tonight took 28 shots to score 30 points. lol

14. GreenLantern

GreenLantern Member

I called it!!! On countdown they were just talking about whether OKC should of traded Westbrook.

15. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Same was said on this board of the two previous Rockets coaches Jeff Van Gundy and Rick Adelman.....

16. metalshred

metalshred Member

I think the trade is a win-win for both thunders and rockets.

Martin is a great player but he was never supposed to carry a team. Similarly, Harden was great in Oklahoma, but he was born to be more than a complementary player. Now they changed sides, Harden is where he belongs and same goes to Martin.

17. RCKTBachar

RCKTBachar Member

Better than Durant, at this pace! This is nuts....Go Rox! Screw csn,
    I have AT&T uverse

18. rocketsmetalspd

That is what is call Doing Work by Morey. He had a plan to go all in, in getting the Rockets back to being a contender. This team will keep improving as the season rolls along.

19. meh

meh Contributing Member

The irony of this statement is that the reason OKC even traded Harden is due to their lack of development.

They drafted Aldrich with their last lottery pick.
    He sucked so much they traded their other semi-bust Green for Perkins, knowing they'd need to give Perkins a huge deal.
    One year later, Perkins contract prevent them from giving Harden the max, forcing Presti to trade him.

20. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Well that review of the coaching staff was both uncalled for and totally off base. McHale has 35 (?) years NBA experience and his fingernail clippings have more BB knowledge than both you and I put together. Christ dude, the Rockets are 2-0 after having 80% of their offensive playbook shredded on Saturday night. They got Harden integrated into the offense in three days. I would not think many coaching staffs could recover as well. And do you really want to make predictions about any of the rookies, except of course New Orleans pick? Got a crystal ball? You will need it.

And I think both the Rockets and the Thunder got exactly what they wanted out of the trade.