1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wow dwade with 15 FTs?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by rhadamanthus, Feb 1, 2007.

1. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

I think that's worth repeating again, because people act like it's a conspiracy or something or that David Stern wants Wade to have more success than Lebron or something. The guy has been playing the same exact way from day one, when he was a nobody. The league has changed the way it officiates the game, Wade hasn't changed anything.

More power to him, he's a great player...

2. macfan

macfan Contributing Member

I agree 100%. Kobe dishes out as much punishment as he receives. When he's played physically, he tries to hit them back. He's fierce and he won't allow some no talent no name hack like Bowen whose only skill is bumping to take away from his game.

Guys like Carter and sometimes Tmac really give in to physical defenders like Bowen, Trenton Hassell and James Posey and they resort to taking jumpshots.

That's why the scouting report on Tmac is: "Play him physical", because he will not fight through screens and bumping and he sort of disappears (that has never happened in the playoffs mind you, but Tmac really does take it too easy during the regular season)

I think he dispelled that reputation in 04-05 by being very agressive, but last year he resorted to that same soft play (granted he was injured)

I am really interested to see how Tmac will play against Trenton Hasell when the Wolves come to town Monday. Trenton Hasell has his number. Kobe will never allow a nobody like Hasell to take away his strengths.

I think the last step to Tmac's greatness and full dominance is to play more phsyical playoff kind basketball during the regular season.

There's nobody better than him when he mixes driving and shooting.

3. Matchman

Matchman Contributing Member

Here is what i hate about DWhistle, he does NOT get away from contact. When he drives in, he dives right into the opponent's big men and expect a foul

I also hate his arrogant ass:
    Well guess what r****d, NOBODY FOULS YOU :mad: ! Players merely touch you and your ass some how went flying on to the floor. Your flopping and whinning is on par with that of Manu Ginobili!

4. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

24 free throw attempts?!?!?! :rolleyes:

He must have some serious dirt on the refs.

5. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

He was whistled for a team record 12 TOs, more than 1 TO per foul shot. Boy those refs had it in for him.

Wade is well within the range for fouls of other great and aggressive slashers and drivers like a young Jordan and younger AI. Even a 30 something AI takes only one FT less, and plenty of other leading scores who settle for a lot more jump shots take within 2 FTs of him (Kobe, Gilbert, Melo, James).

With the possible exception of Nash, Wade is the best non-big in the league. Ya'll are pulling at straws to make such a deal about 1 extra FT per game. Keep sticking your head in the sand and ignore the reigning playoff MVP (slam dunk winner I might add) if you want.

6. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Corey Maggette draws fouls as frequently as Wade. Is he getting a bunch of superstar calls as well?

7. rocketman1979

rocketman1979 Contributing Member

damm lebron looks like he's taking one up the...

[​IMG]

8. Rockets Dynasty

T-Mac is the most talented player in the NBA not Wade.

9. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

What some of the posters here really have a problem with is the new rules that allow aggressive/slashing guards to get to the line as often as they do.

Wade has just become the poster child of those rule changes in the past few years, and people are just taking their frustrations out on him for no good reason.

If you hate the way the game is officiated today then just say so, you know I do, but I don't happen to blame players for it.

Blame the Phoenix Suns...

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Tracy, LeBron and Kobe are all more talented than Wade. Talent is only as good as it's used. Wade is MUCH more efficient at using his talent than Tracy. He takes much better shots which is why his shooting % is better. If you gave Tracy's talent to Wade, just go ahead and cancel the NBA season. Tracy often wastes his talent by bailing out the defender and settling for tough shots. Sometimes it's almost like he's working on his skillset during the game instead of just focusing on doing what's best at the moment to get a basket.

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Almost forgot to mention this:

Did anyone else hear Dan LeBatard say on ESPN radio that LeBron had a big party on South Beach the night before the game and it obviously affected his performance? This guy claims South Beach is worth several points a game to the Heat and clearly it's the reason the Mavs lost in the Finals to an inferior team.

12. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I watched the game. I have defended the legitimacy of Wade's large number of free throws several times but that BS last night was ridiculous. He was getting calls where there was little or no contact on the play. Sure, he attacks the basket and deserves the benefit of the doubt but when the refs are calling fouls when there clearly was not one (they did it several times) then I think the NBA needs to do something.

I hate to cry about how Tmac is not officiated fairly but the difference in the way McGrady and Wade are officiated is huge. Tmac has to get fouled and fouled pretty hard to get to the line while Wade gets an automatic trip to the stripe if anyone so much as grazes him within 10 feet of the basket.

13. pchan

pchan Member

are you sure? I watched the game.. and I remember the defenders were looking at Wade. That is legitimate.

14. conquistador#11

The association should just allow D-wade to call his own fouls. :eek:

15. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

God I miss the late '80s to early '90s era of basketball, when you were allowed to play defense and the lane was dangerous territory for everyone but Jordan.

16. Bookit

Bookit Member

Avery already said that he would sequester the entire team if he had to do it all over again. He did move the team to a hotel outside of town right before game 5 but it was probably too late.

17. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

Last I checked Mia won game 6 in Dallas. In fact Mia won 4 strait. Basically Miami figured out the way they needed to play--put the ball less in Shaq's hands (who has turning the ball over and not getting his normal looks) and more in Wade's. It was kinda like how we finally beat Seattle where Barkley (like Wade versus the Mavs) just had a better handle and response to the Sonics overplaying and swarmy defense (that cut off normally open passing lanes) than Hakeem could ever manage.

Riley and the Heat figured out how to break down the Mavs from the outside-in, nothing more, nothing less.

Agreed. As showed by the poster showing Corey Maggette, no superstar but a very aggressive to the rim player, takes as many FTs per 48. And AI is not far behind in FT per game outright.

Where is the outrage at Maggette, or when AI was getting like 900 FTs years ago??? Most people just credited AI for being one tough and aggressive sucker, which they still do to a large part (as I do regarding AI). I personally think Wade and AI's relentless efforts to go all out to the rim themselves or dish to their teammates for a slam is more impressive than watching Tmac and Kobe work on their 24 foot fadeways and their other phenom individual skills. (though in Tmac's case I do believe he needs to save his body/back for the playoffs so it is more understandable)

#37 Desert Scar, Feb 3, 2007
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2007
  18. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

If there was a wrinkle in the rulebook saying a team is awarded 3 points and a free throw attempt if they dunk in the ball off an alley-oop pass, blame the dumb rulebook for allowing it. Not the players for trying it.

New rules on perimeter defense & foul calls = 3 point line distance getting shortened years ago.
    Like how the short 3 point line was all of a sudden in range for big power forwards to start shooting them, the newer rules and foul calls are in Magette's and Dwyane Wade's range. More power to them for taking advantage.