1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would your interest in the NBA inc/dec if Most of A type of FA's land on one team

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Ramu3, Jun 28, 2010.

?

If a team gets most of A type FA's , interest in NBA increase or decrease?

1. Increase

19.4%
  2. Decrease

47.1%
  3. Same

33.5%
  1. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

This. Although, I'm still hoping we land Bosh. So I'd say I'm hoping for that lineup except with Amare or Boozer in place of Bosh. Or even David Lee.

2. Ariza4MVP

Ariza4MVP Member

stay the same...however it would piss me because they would get every national tv game

3. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

(off topic).... Chris Paul and Dwight Howard would be amazing to watch...

(on topic)....increase for me....id love to see three superstars on a team...mix the league up a bit..

4. sw847

sw847 Member

Last time when the lakers added malone and payton, it got me really excited to see 4 superstars on one team. But they failed to produce. Then when the celtics put together the big 3, I was no where nearly as excited.

I would be actually pissed off this time as I don't feel that players should be negotiating with each other when all are FAs. I know its their right and there is no 'law' against it. But I just feel that because these are professional athlets, they should go to any team that is willing to offer them the money. They are lucky as it is, why demand more. Anyway thats just my opinion. Also I don't think lbj, wade and bosh together would automatically mean they are a championship team. Obviously they games contridict with each other. Although they will be darn good, but just don't feel that gurantees them a trophy.

so to sum up, AS LONG AS NON OF THEM GO TO NY, I AM HAPPY.

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Two of the four Lakers superstars were at the end of their careers. The Celtics big 3 aren't young either. Allen is obviously past his prime. Garnett got injured the second year and he is clearly not the same this year.

With Lebron, Wade, and Bosh, you are talking about a big 3 at their peaks. The only team that had more talent then this was probably Auerbach's Celtics that rendered the rest of the league irrelevant for a whole decade.

6. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

(off topic)
    ...especially because Dwight Howard has one offensive move - the dunk. I used to think the same thing about Shaq when he first entered the league but at least Shaq added moves to his repertoire throughout his career. Howard? I haven't seen him really add anything to his skill set since he entered the league. He's bigger and stronger for sure, but there has been no addition to his game otherwise which I find disappointing for a guy of his athleticism and size.

7. Ramu3

Ramu3 Member

8. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Yes, I've seen it. But, I would humbly submit that the NBA is not like local pick-up games. Even the 'bad' players in the NBA are very good. And, the difference between the top and the bottom players in the NBA isn't due to size or athleticism. Talent differences are measured in small increments compared to the scale of the talent. So, I don't think the NBA (today) will ever see the kind of lop-sidedness that often occurs on the playground.

9. Francis 4 ever

one super team will beget more and more super teams.

tony parker and melo joining dirk?

melo parker and yao going to whatever team gets shut out this free agency (knicks, nets?)

the magic moving vince at the deadline for cp3?

anything can happen. the other super stars won't sit back and let some conspiring primadonnas roll them for the rest of their careers