1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would You Want Kevin Durant

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketMania1991, Dec 22, 2009.

?

Would You Want Kevin Durant

1. Yes

358 vote(s)
    88.2%
  2. No

48 vote(s)
    11.8%
  1. freddyg956

freddyg956 Member

i never said durant couldn't score, matter of fact i said he can score and is a great jump shooter, im saying he lacks in many other areas, that if he doesn't fix he will be nothing more than another forgotten scorer that went nowhere. so this post asks would you want durant ? i answered initially .. would i want him on my team as a back up? sure... would i want him as a starter on my team? no.. ignorance, dumb, whatever else you guys want to say dont matter, why doesn't gerald wallace get more love than durant, i think he is way better than durant.. it goes back to the espn highlights, marketing, etc..

2. nrahman2443

nrahman2443 Member

GREG ODEN???? :grin:

3. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

OK so you say you would take Durant as a back up, coming off the bench. Are you telling me that you'd rather have Ariza starting over Durant???

4. freddyg956

freddyg956 Member

i would rather have ariza starting over durant with ariza not being the main focus but as a role player, lakers dont win it last year with out him, rockets need to realize ariza is not a main go to guy, he like durant needs to learn how to handle the ball, and if hes in the nba already, its too late for that. does durant start if he was with the lakers? probably not
    would he start if he was with boston? probably not
    these 2 teams are the 2 best teams in the nba in my opinion and focus on defense, and not turning the ball over, which i think durant lacks

5. Yak

Yak Member

Maybe I'm watching the wrong Kevin Durant. :confused:

6. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

durant with 2 bad shots to end the game, and he was lucky the 2nd one went him. but he's that good so he has the ability to make those.

he would be great in this offense though. man even durant at 6-11 can dribble. why can't ariza?

7. freddyg956

freddyg956 Member

lol he cant dribble either, he has more turnovers than ariza does,and yeah he was lucky he got 1 of his bad shots to go in, thats what ive been saying , hes a shooter, he can't get a good look because he lacks that playmaking ability that the kobes and lebrons have.

8. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

LOL, he's capable of creating for his own shots, unlike Ariza, i suppose that's all because they have a completely different skillset?

Ariza is 6'8 and so is T-Mac, how the hell can he not be able to dribble like T-Mac to say the least, I think practice should be a important factor.

9. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

Durant turns the ball over so many teams due to the fact he has the ball more!!! Hell LeBron turns it over almost 4 times a game!

10. Yak

Yak Member

Ok, now I understand. I can't believe it took me so long to realize.

I guess it wasn't so obvious for me, but...

[​IMG]

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Who wouldn't want Kevin Durantula !!!

;)

DD

12. OldSchool34

OldSchool34 Member

Is he for free or something? I don't think so.

I'm just going to say this, I don't think that highly of Durant as many other people do. I don't think he'll ever be the best in the league. He's too one-dimensional.

13. teknokid

teknokid Member

His dribbles and play making abilities are more impressive than his athleticism here.
    <object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_U8gyM-oC9M&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_U8gyM-oC9M&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I know these are from last year but they still don't come close to doing him justice. Anybody who thinks KD isn't a playmaker has no idea what they are talking about. Comparing Ariza's "handles" to KD's is just silly. There is no comparison. Regarding his TOs, KD is just too careless sometimes. No excuses. But he will learn.

After completing what some said would be their most difficult month of the season, the Thunder are 19-15. KD is their best player by a country mile. But some of you will never be satisfied because your mind is made up and you don't watch him often enough to have a clue. If anyone thinks scoring 28.5 pts/game efficiently and grabbing 7 rebs/game makes KD one dimensional, you must be living in another universe. Get your head out of the sand and come up to date. I've got a big surprise for you: It's not his rookie season anymore. It's 2010! :eek: :eek: :eek:

15. topfive

topfive CF OG

Yep. The dude is pretty amazing, and he's improving month-by-month.

16. WarioMillie

WarioMillie Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sZHCVyllnck&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sZHCVyllnck&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

17. Rehabstudios

Rehabstudios Member

LMAO!

18. RoxTurk

RoxTurk Member

He's only 21 right now. Imagıne him at his 25-27.

19. matthappy

matthappy Member

anyone ask such question must be an idiot~

20. number22

number22 Member

Who in there right mind would want that budding superstar?