1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Orlando-Cleveland Game 5. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Would You Want Kevin Durant

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketMania1991, Dec 22, 2009.

?

Would You Want Kevin Durant

1. Yes

358 vote(s)
    88.2%
  2. No

48 vote(s)
    11.8%
  1. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Protest vote. Suggestion is completely impossible, so preferences are irrelevant.

2. freddyg956

freddyg956 Member

its my opinion, personally i dont want a guy that averages close to 4 turnovers and only 3 assists per game when he has the ball in his hands the majority of the time, and 3 rebounds a game with his size and athelitic ability? i need a lot more production than just being able to score the ball, hell tmac can do that on one leg as he is right now. Basketball is more than just shooting jumpers my man, and at this moment in time, durant is a jump shooter, with time im sure and i hope he gets better. so instead of replying with a one line trying to be funny post, why not post your reasons on why you would want durant, or post why im wrong.. guy turns it over a lot because like ariza he doesn't have a good handle, he needs to learn to dribble better, i really dislike a guy on my team that can't handle the ball and turns it over, lebron, dwade, carmelo,and kobe all can handle the ball which is why they are so good.

3. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Your opinion is dumb! :eek:

4. freddyg956

freddyg956 Member

would you want the offense to go through trevor ariza day in day out, because like durant trevor can score 25+ and turn it over 4 times, difference is trevor plays better "D" , and durant is a better jump shooter.
    you can post your opinion is dumb, or your an idiot, whatever doesn't bother me. I know basketball and Durant has a long ways to go. very long ways to go, matter of fact, russell westbrook his teammate is way better than he is, i would rather have him on the rockets than durant, even better the rookie, harden i would rather have than durant, because they in my opinion are better ball handlers who can take it to the rim with ease , dont turn it over, and dont put up 20 shots per game, and have a higher basketball iq,. Im from texas and big longhorn fan, and saw him when he played with Texas and my opinion hasn't changed. a lot of the younger generation unfortunately look at the commercials and the posters and the espn highlights, and fall for a guy who has proven nothing, and they dont look at the overall picture of basketball.

5. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

I may be alone on this but I don't think Yao is going to be a MAX player signing, at least for the Rockets. As much as I love Yao, no way would Morey offer him a MAX contract unless he suddenly started to consistently put up 3 point shots, play healthy for the entire season and promised to reach a balance between his responsibilities to the Rockets and China's National team.

6. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I was joking but now your just making yourself look like a fool, you're comparing Trevor Ariza to Kevin Durant. :rolleyes:

You really are an idiot.

7. OvenproofBadger

Not if she was his sister... Or at least u wud hope not...

8. freddyg956

freddyg956 Member

YOU ARE NOT READING BETWEEN THE LINES, YOU LIKE MANY OTHER POSTERS READ WHAT YOU WANT, THEN REPLY WITH A SHORT ONE LINE ANSWER.

9. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

line
    you are an idiot
    line

Read that.

(Sorry, man. I couldn't resist. You're entitled to your opinion. It's just that almost everyone else on this BBS [and the planet, for that matter] disagrees with that opinion. Keep posting.)

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

Why are you comparing Ariza and Durant? Sure both of them can put 20+ pts but look at the FG%, that's more important than your points scored per game.

I don't care if Durant turns it over 4 times a game. If his % is above 0.5 even if he takes 20 attempts per game than that's better than someone who only turns it over once but shoots 2-11, 0-4 from three point land. Durant's defense is still slightly below average, but at 20 years old what do you have to complain about? Ariza is already 25 but he has more holes in his game than Durant who's 5 years his junior. IMHO if you go out and say Harden is better than Durant just because he can playmake and turns it over less then a one liner answer is probably all you deserve

11. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

A lot of people turned on Steve Francis because of bad decision-making and turnovers, even when he was putting up 20/6/6 numbers. I would have thought there would be more sympathy here for that sort of argument.

Personally, I liked Francis then and Durant now. But, it won't happen anyway.

12. tested911

tested911 Member

I would give up T-mac + 1 of any other Rocket on this team for Kevin D.

And believe me I wasn't a believer when he entered the league but if I had to choose between Kevin, Lebron, D'Wade... I would actually choose Kevin only because he fits with the system we have now. I'm not saying he's a better player than Lebron or D'wade only that with the current roster and system he is the perfect fit. He's long, athletic, jumps out of the gym, blocks shots, etc...

13. freddyg956

freddyg956 Member

if you just care about fg % Durants is 45% not 50% and ariza first yr with lakers 52% 2nd yr 46% and now 39% , I wasn't in any way comparing ariza and durant, i was saying ariza just like durant can put up 25+ points.. if im a manager and coach of a team i want guys who play good defense, pass the ball well, rebound, and dont turn the ball over... I think rick is making a mistake by letting ariza do so much which is why his #'s have gone down. Ariza is also making 2.5 turnovers and a lot of peeps on here criticize him for that, well imagine if he was turning it over 4 times per game, thats what durant does.. and to the guy who said you would trade tmac +1 for Durant is just crazy unless its cook, jt, andersen, dorsey,budinger...

14. freddyg956

freddyg956 Member

this is a great comparison juan thanks for the imput, a guy can get those kind of #'s and be bad for a team because he lacks in areas that matter when it comes to the playoffs and overall team chemistry, there are rare players who can get those numbers and still be able to play defense, dont turn it over and can do more than just shoot the ball

15. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

The one line reply is because obviously there is absolutely no reason to argue or debate whether or not we would take KD over any player that you throw out there besides Kobe.

He's young, skilled, athletic, and has the ability to play multiple positions. You saying that Harden and Westbrook is your opinion and you're entitled to that, I guarantee if you ask any GM in the league what one player they would take out of those 3 to more than 99.9% will take Durant.

I too am a Longhorn fan and KD fan for that matter, he has the world of ability and he is going to become the superstar that OKC needs to become title contender's, if they develop the talent around him sufficiently that is.

16. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

haha thats great :grin:

17. Yak

Yak Member

You talk about Durant not being able to handle the ball, and you talk about Westbrook being a better player than Durant, but did you take the time to realize that Westbrook AS A POINT GUARD has a 2:1 assist/TO ratio? That's pretty bad.

Plus, Durant's handles are ridiculous for someone with his size and wingspan. Compare Kevin's handles to Tyson Chandler's handles, then get back to me.

18. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

Wow I'd like to quote T.O. and say "Your ignorance perplexes me."
    How many shots would it take for Ariza to get 25+ points huh? Sure, any player in the league could go out and get 25+ points, but how many shots would it take them to get that 25??? That's Ariza's problem. Durant get's 27 on 20 shots just to let you know. Ariza gets 17 on 16 shots a game. Durant's shooting 45% as the go to scorer. Ariza's shooting 39% as a go to scorer. End of discussion.

19. freddyg956

freddyg956 Member

how about dirk a 7 footer with better handles,tmac has better handles,so many guys bigger than him that do, thats irrelevant, durant is a sg/sf so he should have better handles than tyson chandler.. and yes i saw westbrooks stats, thing is that westbrook drives to the hoop , can create his own shot better than durant, and if you watch okc games some of westbrooks TO's are not his fault like durant trying to drive to the hoop ala ariza and getting stripped or shooting a bad jumper is just as bad as a turnover. durant can score a ton of points i know that, but in my opinion, he lacks strength, lacks ball handling, lacks being able to create for his teammates, lacks defense, lacks a post game, and basically i think he is a great shooter who is fast and jumps high, and eventually that will not be enough in this league, just as granger scores a ton of points but gets his team nowhere.

20. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Anybody who saw KD stick that jumper with 14 seconds left in Phoenix would want him. The guy is an assassin who still has tremendous upside from where he is now. 38 points tonight.