1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you want Bobby Jackson in Houston?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Slick Rick, Aug 8, 2004.

?

Bobby Jackson as the Starting Point Guard

1. Yes, make that deal today!

90 vote(s)
    67.7%
  2. No, Rockets should deal for Antonio Daniels!

28 vote(s)
    21.1%
  3. No, Rockets should deal with Chicago, Miami or a team with many PG's!

2 vote(s)
    1.5%
  4. Wait and trade with another team!

13 vote(s)
    9.8%
  1. Slick Rick

Slick Rick Member

Bobby Jackson to Houston

More Kings concerns
    A player the Kings need back in the mix, healthy, is Bobby Jackson. The guard has worked diligently in the offseason to rehabilitate a strained lower abdominal muscle that sidelined him the last third of the season.And he's nearing the end of his contract. Jackson will make $3.1 million this season, ranking him seventh on the Kings' roster, with a club option for $3.3 million the following season.
    Jackson suggested this summer he might ask the Kings not to pick up that option, and here we go again. Jackson longs to be a starter (it will not happen with Mike Bibby on the same roster), and he craves a career contract, which might not happen if his stomach muscles don't respond to treatment.

I know we all might have suggested Jackson to Houston for many months. Now the Kings are being dethroned by their unhappy knights. Divac gets traded. Webber mixing words with Peja and Divac. Peja asks to be traded. This could be Jackson's only opportunity to get a starting position with a winning organization. Jackson makes 3.1 Million this year and a team option next year. If we use the trade exception, they can get a back-up and more front court help. Their bench is getting weaker by the day. If Maloof pulls the trigger on a Peja for Artest trade, they will need a shooter. Pike can go to the Bulls for Grand Pa Mutumbo or he can go the the Kings. We still got that Trade Exception, MLE or Vet. Excepetion for a back-up center. Could this be the surprise by the Doc? This would be the best option for the Rox. What do you think???

:cool: :D :D

2. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

So you're saying the Kings would be willing to part with Bobby Jackson for, essentially, nothing?

3. codell

codell Contributing Member

Very misleading thread title. :mad:

4. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

We have nothing they're interested in. If you wanna try to come up with something that's reasonable, be my guest, but I don't see it. Pike for Jackson is laughable.

Put me as a write-in for "I'd do this trade if it were plausible, but it isn't!"

5. Slick Rick

Slick Rick Member

I am not necessarily saying that. If Maloof makes the rumored trade with the Pacers, then he needs either a shooter for their offense or more money to upgrade their starters and bench. After the trade with the Pacers, Akings will have a starters will be:

Artest
    Webber
    Miller
    Bibby
    Christie

How does that strting 5 sound??? Artest is more of a two, but can play the 3. Look at the bench.

Jackson
    Ostertag
    Songaila (weak)
    Kevin Martin (who???)
    Ricky Minard (who???)
    Think about the Kings long-term. How will the Kings remain one of the top teams in the West. They are also trying to get a new arean. All of these things factor in on trading Jackson.

6. Slick Rick

Slick Rick Member

I also said TE for Jackson. Maloofs are looking at their team long-term. They are trying to get a new arena, and they don't have the bench to compete. Our bench looks better than the Kings. Also, I am only suggesting this if Maloof trades Peja to Indy.

7. Sane

Sane Member

LOOOOOOL!

Kevin Martin, FYI, is their Doug Christie clone. ALmost the exact same player, even looks like him.

So a bench of Jackson/Songaila/Martin should be excellent. Look at Songaila's numbers last year.

Ostertag also helps ofcourse.

Not to mention, their starting 5 is tremendous anyway.

If they trade Peja and Webber, then I can see a TE + 1st rounder for BJaxx deal. But that's a big IF.

8. codell

codell Contributing Member

Why would Sacramento be interested in our TE? :confused:

9. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

None of them factor in on trading Jackson. Trading Jackson, who has an expiring contract, doesn't make them any better, and has nothing to do with them trying to get a new arena. It's not like Bobby's a lockerroom distraction or has poor character. They won't just give him away.

10. Jack Hammer

Jack Hammer Member

I've seen two references in regards to a surprise mentioned by Doc... Can someone please tell me what he said exactly? Thanks

11. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Member

Slick Rick...stop dreaming...Bobby Jackson is not going anywhere. And Kings are not dismantling the team. As much as people think they're in turmor...they're not. Peja may still be back. So what Divac is gone he sucks anyway....KIngs still have the core players to still be the best in the league. Stop dreaming about Bibby, Bobby ...cuz it ain't going to happen. How many times do i have to tell you Houston fans stop making rediculous trading posts...it makes no sense whatsoever because I know being a Kings fan and live in Sacramento...i know. This thread should be locked.

12. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

We can only dream of Jax.

13. theguent

theguent Member

I need to be filled in here too. I must have missed Doc Rocket's post. Anyone care to help us out?

14. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

MoTay + TE for Baron Davis.

trade accepted. :eek:

15. supastevefoo

supastevefoo Member

16. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Uhhh... so they want our TE in exchange for an expiring contract, which happens to belong to a guy who looked like an all-star last season, was a great locker room guy, and who is one of only three guards on the roster excluding their rookies?

Yeah. That'll work.

17. MLittle577

MLittle577 Contributing Member

VERY VERY misleading! Double:mad:

18. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

HERE,HERE!!

19. Variant

Variant Member

FYI, Songaila is definitely not *weak* :) He played very well for us last year, especially when Webber was out. The guy is extremely athletic and an accurate shooter with a strong NBA body. I hope he's on the Kings for many years to come...

The other two on our depth chart are rookies of course... but Martin was the clearcut best player in the SoCal SPL so I'm crossing my fingers that he'll be able to contribute immediately.

I'd love to see Peja for Artest myself... and I'm guessing we wont' be able to keep BoJax if he wants the big bucks after next year. I would hope that we'd do some sort of sign & trade though with him instead of letting him walk for nothing. Right now we can't get a lot back for his bargain salary.

20. outlaw

outlaw Member

Reading this quickly I thought the Kings had signed Ricky Martin!