1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you try to trade for Giannis?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketOrg, Sep 13, 2020.

1. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

https://www.nbaanalysis.net/2020/09...po-unfollows-bucks-teammates-on-social-media/

Apparently Giannas unfollowed all of his teammates on social media. Rumor has it that If Milwaukee doesn’t believe he’ll sign an extension they might trade him. Now, if your Milwaukee, wouldn’t you want a star player in return. Harden is one of the best scores in the league and would be a good fit with Milwaukee. If you could get a young star like Giannis would you trade Harden?

lloyde8 likes this.
  2. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Odds say Golden state

deb4rockets and hajkov like this.
  3. utgrad97

utgrad97 Member

You want to trade for a guy that just told all his teammates to **** off?

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yes?

I'd do this trade in a heartbeat. Harden >>> Giannis but for the simple fact is Giannis is young enough to build around again. The only issue is would he resign? If he would, yes.

If he won't....I wouldn't. I have a feeling Giannis is going to a big market and will create a super team. Would not be surprised if he joined the Warriors lol.

jeevinesh likes this.
  5. utgrad97

utgrad97 Member

I guess Milwaukee would take Wiggins and every Golden State #1 for the next 27 years.

apollo33 likes this.
  6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I think they'd take more than that tbh, they better. I hope they take Klay, make GSW make that tough decision.

GSW do have the #2 pick too.

7. dmoneybangbang

Should we try, yes.

Should we hold our breath, no.

whiskeyred and BigDog63 like this.
  8. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

In the words of Giannis haters everywhere " Hell yeah"

9. utgrad97

utgrad97 Member

Golden State would never put 3 horrible shooters on the court in Giannis, Draymond, and Wiggins.

hajkov likes this.
  10. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

Giannis has even come close to reaching his ceiling. If the opportunity presented itself, I’d trade Harden in a heartbeat.

As for GS, they’d have to give up a few players like Green and Thompson. Idk, I can’t see them trading away two starters. Harden is one of the few players in the league where you could do a straight up trade between two players.

11. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

I'm not sure he did that. He may have just wanted to drown out twitter noise.

But, if that IS what he did...yes, absolutely! That's what makes him available.

12. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Every team in the league will try to trade for Giannis. But, as they saying goes, many will try, only one will succeed.

13. Newlin

Newlin Member

The Bucks would probably do it for Harden. Not sure it would be a good idea for the Rockets. Of course Morey tries to trade for anyone he considers a star. So, here we go.

14. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

imagine trading harden for giannis and giannis winning a title in houston lollllll

15. TheSource

TheSource Member

House, Gordon , and 2031 first round pick for Giannis who says no?

16. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

There’s no way in hell I’d trade the best scorer in league history for Giannis. Borderline blasphemous to even suggest such a thing. The Alphabet has upside but his game is so ugly and one-dimensional

MorningZippo and banzai like this.
  17. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

So the warriors would offer Draymond and the #2 pick for Giannis?

18. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

Agreed. I think Harden is one of the few players in the league that offers equal return value.

Harden
    Middleton
    B Lopez
    Bledsoe
    Williams

George Hill
    Matthews
    Korver
    R Lopez
    Iilyasova
    DiVichwnzo

That’s a lineup good lineup with Harden

19. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Been hearing that if OKC decides to go full rebuild, CP would be a good fit in Milwaukee. Imagine CP gets traded to Milwaukee then Harden gets sent there in exchange for Giannis.

Harden and CP back together again. What an awkward press conference that would be.

20. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

I don’t think Giannis is one dimensional. He’s one of the best, if not THE best defender in the league. He’s not a PG but he’s learning how to dish the ball and his 3-pt shot is getting better and better. Plus, he’s an athletic freak and plays above the rim. Maybe we keep Westbrook as the PG. Giannis, Tucker, and Covington on the same team would make for an elite defense.

Giannis
    Tucker
    Covington
    Gordon
    Westbrook