1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade the #1 and Rice for Tyson Chandler and their#1(two overall)?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ESource, Jun 8, 2002.

1. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

Yeah;

But I would rather have Curry, Chandler is another finesse big man. We need a big man that plays big.

2. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Chandler is more of a KG type player, than a real center from what little I have seen. Adding him to the Rockets would just increase the log jam at the 4.

Curry is legit NBA 5 in size. His skills need serious work, but that is not surpising since he is one year removed from HS. I have only seen Curry play a little (at the beginning of his rookie season vs. the Rocks) and was not impressed. I have read that he did get better as the season progressed.

BTW, I really do not like suggesting that if only younger player X added 30-40 lbs he could become a low post player. I know this has been said or wriiten a lot about EG. My preference is to let the younger players fill out naturally and then look to add ~10 lbs of muscle through weight training. Players like Chandler and EG will go farther in the league as finesse players versus muscle players.

3. MysticRyder

MysticRyder Member

Who wants world peace? I just want the Rockets to win. :D :D :D

4. ESource

ESource Member

That was strictly a hypothetical scenario. I figured if the Bulls REALLY, REALLY wanted Ming, they'd be willing to take Rice as part of any deal. Aren't the Bulls way below the salary cap? They could take Rice without us having to get a player from them w/ a similar contract, right? :confused:

5. ESource

ESource Member

So as to my original point of this thread, trading away our #1(Ming) to Chicago WILL NOT do anything to solve our need at center, right? I had seen several posts about trading for Chandler or Curry BUT neither one will "solve" our problem at center. That's why in my original post, I stated that I wouldn't do the trade and we'd be better off drafting Ming to play center than trading w/ Chicago. Is that what you're also thinking?