1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade James Harden if you could draft Jabari Parker?

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by SkyrimOwnsAll, Nov 9, 2013.

1. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Just another idiot posting yet another idiot post.

2. Remii

Remii Member

You just showed that just about everyone else on the team is a bad defender and or can't outplay the opposing position... But it seem that people believe Harden is holden the team back from being a top notch defensive powerhouse and all of Harden's teammates or lockdown defenders... Lol.. Looks like the point guard position really got outplayed by that chart...

3. Remii

Remii Member

Actually Parker looks like a young Grant Hill IMO... But what's the purpose of this thread...??? No team is trading their top picks in next year's draft if they are projected to land in the top 3-5 (unless they are getting LeBron in return)... And I hate to disappoint you but I'm sure Indiana is very happy with George so I seriously doubt they will trade him... Sorry dude _ your we're stuck with Harden and I'm kool with that...

4. J Hard

J Hard Member

And the credibility fades like the dots that follow.....

5. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Actually Asik is a huge plus defender. It is just when he sat 18 minutes a game his replacements pretty much sucked. Also the SF position was defensively well staffed. The Rockets last season were almost exactly in the middle of the NBA defensive pack.

6. Remii

Remii Member

That's why I said JUST ABOUT EVERYONE else... Plus Asik didn't get many offensive opportunities as well so that makes his numbers skewed (but that can have something to do with him not being able to catch)... But yea.. I think they were ranked 16th in defensive efficiency last season.

7. fxbillie

fxbillie Member

LOL. Seriously? I love Parker's game and potential, but he has done anything in NBA whereas Harden already led Rocket to the first playoff in years. He is a scoring machine with good size and movement. So he can improve on his defense once he realizes that championship needs to be won by good defense too. He has the size and lateral movement to be a good defender. Don't know much about his night-club thing, but the coaches will have the say if his play is affected by this. Saying that, of course if we can get Parker to Houston in exchange for players other than Harden & Howard, I am all for it. He is the real deal and as a Mormon he is known to have good personal ethics as well as great attitude. You can tell from the way he plays and talks that he is a fierce competitor who hates to lose, a trait for champions like MJ, Kobe and LBJ. He will give 100% every game. Hope he will end up in a good team if not Houston.

8. c2u4erm

c2u4erm Member

What bothers me about him is it doesn't seem he wants to improve on the defensive side of the ball.....it's one thing to be going and doing everything you can! and then there is one thing to be as lazy as harden is on the defensive side of the ball....that's effort not talent! and not showing effort is to me the most irritating and selfish thing to do

9. c2u4erm

c2u4erm Member

Just talking about harden in general, not saying I would trade him for Parker... Just saying I can't stand laziness when you are getting paid a bazillion dollars a year.. Harden now that I am on my rant has a habit to have the ball die to much In his hands too which is frustrating.

10. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

ugh if not for Parsons we get swept in the playoffs, Harden also doesnt seem to have the clutch gene either

11. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

lol in the dallas game he let washed up vince carter blow by him, and slapped him on the butt, this guy is a sad excuse for a superstar... he doesnt bring it everynight..., and i dont think he defense will ever get better.

12. Giant9erRocket

Giant9erRocket Hakeem Olajuwon Status

Instead of Parker (whom i'm not fond of) what about for Wiggins? Or better yet, would you trade Harden for the #1 pick in the 2014 draft?

13. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

yes i would

14. rockets13champs

jabari is raw harden isnt raw rn

15. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

Harden is the worst defender at his position in the league

16. Grapenutz

Grapenutz Rookie

Serious question for Rox fans

Whose worse on defense?? Harden or Kevin Martin

17. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Not sure but Martin did let Lin whose 4 inches shorter outplay him last night.

18. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

Martin was a bad defender.. yes, but i dont remmeber it being so glaring like Harden's... Harden's bad defense is eye-popping

19. Grapenutz

Grapenutz Rookie

True. Im an OKC fan so i feel like i know both pretty well. Martin doesnt move well laterally and is pretty scrawny. But he always tries. Harden is just lazy on that end and just lacks defensive principles as far as positioning

20. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Martin never had good instincts but at least he gave more effort than him and usually had a length/height advantage (although he had strength disadvantage). Anyway Grapenutz has derailed another thread like the troll he is. Back to the topic at hand.