1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade James Harden if you could draft Jabari Parker?

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by SkyrimOwnsAll, Nov 9, 2013.

1. WinorLoseMate

WinorLoseMate Member

So what you're really asking is:
    Would I trade a top 10 player in the hopes of getting a top 10 player?

2. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

too me it is

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

[​IMG]

4. dmoneybangbang

This is simply the issue.....

It bottles the mind someone would want to trade a current top 10 player for MAYBE having a chance of another top ten player.

[​IMG]

I think people forget that we can trade Parsons, Lin, Asik, Dmo, TJones, and/or picks to improve our current squad.

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

But...but...you have to remember...

Harden doesn't care about winning, doesn't pass ever, only ISO balls, never plays defense, isn't clutch, doesn't respect the coach!

Or at least that's what GARM tells me...:rolleyes:

6. TheDr34m

TheDr34m Contributing Member

seriously?

7. photojoe

photojoe Member

Is this a joke?

8. Calamity.12

Calamity.12 Member

I probably would, but I don't know how a gambling addict like me would ever have a say in the personnel decisions of an NBA team.

I couldn't stop myself from chasing the thrill, couldn't force myself to leave the table while I was ahead, couldn't see the havoc my problem gambling was having on my wife and kids. As I sit here typing this to you on the public library computers, I realize that I am a broken man who should have appreciated what he had.

9. luhbron

luhbron Member

LOFs ruining Clutchfans one thread at a time

10. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

So let's get this straight. You want to trade a top 10 player that got another top 10 player to the team, in the hope that you will get another top 10 player. Your logic is amazing, so by the time this guy reaches his potential Dwight will be out of his prime.

So to your answer a big fat no

11. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

Harden doesnt play defense, he gives NO effort on that end. If he was even an adequate defender i would not have made this thread

12. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

not a LOF, but nice try

13. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

No, you don't trade one of the best players in the league to gamble on potential.

EDIT: You wouldn't only be trading a guy you know is already good right now and will be for the next several seasons, you also completely disrupt the carefully constructed roadmap to a championship team. The Rockets just traded for Howard, who is in a stage of his career where he needs to compete for championships now. Even a transcendent rookie is still a rookie and needs some seasoning before he's going to win championships. Do you sacrifice the window you've spent the last couple of seasons opening with Howard & Harden before you give it a chance to compete?

#33 JuanValdez, Nov 13, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2013
  14. alethios

alethios Member

Sam Perkins agrees with this. :cool:

15. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

Yet he is a Top 10 player, and lead the team to 45 wins last year, singlehandedly.

Dwight has no offense, doesn't mean you trade him lmfao

16. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

What about Parker makes you think that he'll be an ace defender in the NBA?

Well, let's assume that he is, how exactly do you think a playoff team goes about trading for a top five pick? Trading Harden on draft day to whoever picks Parker?

Basically, do you really believe this should be/can be done or are you venting some frustration with Harden's game after 8 games?

17. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush.

18. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Ok, in all fairness I have heard of Harden and crew going to nightclubs (IE Strip Clubs) on the 1st night of back to backs.

A few times Harden had even asked (while they were in SA) to travel to Houston, then back before a game.

I really am having my doubts about Harden and everytime he struggles and/or gets mad I wonder if he went to the club the night before....

19. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

To answer the question... no I wouldn't trade JH for JP.. even though I do believe JP has championship potential compared to Wiggins. I really, really want Randle though. His game really impresses me.

20. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

And that is your opinion, which is clearly the polar opposite of the facts (statistics).

The following data clearly shows that the SG last season was the Rockets strongest position on defense. And it was by far the most productive offensively.

[​IMG]